The Student Room Group

LNAT Dilemma

Hi,
(Applying for 2025)
So basically to stand getting a chance of getting into Durham uni for law I need to take the LNAT. However, it also means I can apply for Oxford or Cambridge.
Earlier in the year I wanted to go to Cambridge but now I'm not so sure if I should, but what I basically wanted to ask was would it be a good idea to put down Cambridge on the LNAT application form--and in my UCAS choices?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Applications for 2024 entry at Oxford and Cambridge closed in October.
Reply 2
I know! Sorry, should have clarified, I'm going to be applying for 2025 later on in the year.
Reply 3
You can't apply to take LNAT for 2025 entry yet - nor can you start your UCAS application.

Go to Open Days at several different Unis. Look around, ask questions, and think carefully about the type of Uni environment will be right for you. And for Cambridge, think about how well you work under 'pressure to perform' and alongside the sort of people who seem to get mega-grades without trying very hard - could you keep up with that, or would you be happier somewhere smaller and that is not as insanely competitive. Cambridge is not for everyone - and this has nothing to do with intelligence.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
You can't apply to take LNAT for 2025 entry yet - nor can you start your UCAS application.

Go to Open Days at several different Unis. Look around, ask questions, and think carefully about the type of Uni environment will be right for you. And for Cambridge, think about how well you work under 'pressure to perform' and alongside the sort of people who seem to get mega-grades without trying very hard - could you keep up with that, or would you be happier somewhere smaller and that is not as insanely competitive. Cambridge is not for everyone - and this has nothing to do with intelligence.

I know, I'm just a bit frazzled about it even though it's definitely not the time to worry about the LNAT or applications yet.

But I will take your advice--thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending