The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by translucent
You must be an English language student :unimpressed:

No, I just know how to speak and write English. :tongue:
Original post by translucent
I din't criticise his spelling/punctuation or grammar I just found his broken English amusing :teehee:

What u mean by broken English? :O I had never heard that concept/expression before
Reply 142
Kindle + Internet = shakespeare muaha
Reply 143
Original post by Colpejafort
What u mean by broken English? :O I had never heard that concept/expression before

Sigues aburridilla Madrileña??
Reply 144

Definition:
A pejorative term for a limited register of English used by a non-native speaker.

Broken English may be fragmented, incomplete, and/or marked by faulty syntax and inappropriate diction.
Original post by Denzel Hayes
Sigues aburridilla Madrileña??

Bueno, despues de hacerme sopa de Gallina Blanca como que menos hahahaha pero si hijo si
Original post by James82
Definition:
A pejorative term for a limited register of English used by a non-native speaker.

Broken English may be fragmented, incomplete, and/or marked by faulty syntax and inappropriate diction.

Cheers :smile:
Reply 147
Bueno, despues de hacerme sopa de Gallina Blanca como que menos hahahaha pero si hijo si

HAhaha. Hazte una tortilla con atún o algo más nutritivo!
HAhaha. Hazte una tortilla con atún o algo más nutritivo!

I ran out of eggsssssss my darling
And you? What do you think of him?

Ive done only a bit of reading on him, as a history student he seems like quite an interesting and controversial character. Others call him a facist and a brutal tyrant, Others say hes a role model and a protector of catholic spain. Whats especially controverisal was his role for ww2 and his questionable involvement.

its only been since 2005 that his final statue was taken down. Even the current spanish king was put in power on his nod.

I was wondering how modern spain perceived him as a leader.
Reply 150
[video="youtube;K5wni4a-cYQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5wni4a-cYQ[/video]

Vamos Rafa!
Could you send me a parcel with some Spanish food? Some tortilla, cocido madrileño, fabada, and torrijas would be very welcomed tbh.

you can get that in Britain as well you know.

Si de verdad quieres una buena comida española que deberías visitar en Glasgow. Estoy seguro de que podría dar cabida a usted.:biggrin:
Reply 152
Original post by Golden_Boy786

Si de verdad quieres una buena comida española que deberías visitar en Glasgow. Estoy seguro de que podría dar cabida a usted.:biggrin:

Ella sabe que si quiere una buena comida Española, como en España en ningún sitio hamijo.
Original post by AverageExcellence
Ive done only a bit of reading on him, as a history student he seems like quite an interesting and controversial character. Others call him a facist and a brutal tyrant, Others say hes a role model and a protector of catholic spain. Whats especially controverisal was his role for ww2 and his questionable involvement.

its only been since 2005 that his final statue was taken down. Even the current spanish king was put in power on his nod.

I was wondering how modern spain perceived him as a leader.

Indeed, and that's something i hate. They call it democracy but there are still remains from the Generalisimo era.
Well, considering that he killed half of the population who were against him....... I guess there's quite a few people who still support him which I find embarrassing :rolleyes: There's still an annual march on november the 20th honouring him.
There isnt a vast majority still considering him a role model (or at least this is what i hope), but considering that Spain is quite a right-wing country...I wouldn't say his actions are quite condemned either. I only read on the newspaper a few days ago that a Franquist symbol had just been removed from some..public building i think.
Ella sabe que si quiere una buena comida Española, como en España en ningún sitio hamijo.

So where is the best place to eat in Spain. I'm hoping to visit there soon this year!

Nothing like mom's and granny's food im afraid! haha I went to Glasgow before Christmas but I didnt know about any spanish food restaurant :O
So where is the best place to eat in Spain. I'm hoping to visit there soon this year!

I'd say either the north (Galicia, Asturias) or the South (Granada for example). I've never been to the north but everybody says if you want to get really good food thats the place where you should go :smile:
Reply 157
when will i get laid?
I'd say either the north (Galicia, Asturias) or the South (Granada for example). I've never been to the north but everybody says if you want to get really good food thats the place where you should go :smile:

Thanks, i hope i get a chance to go there at some point. I've never been to the south maybe i'll go there next time.:smile:
Original post by James82
Definition:

Ironic, if it's used by a non-native speaker then in theory Colepejort shouldn't have felt the need to ask me what it meant?

My life story :tongue: :
I've lived in England for 10years out of my 16 year existence on this earth. While living abroad English was still my first language seeing as my parents are English, and so am I, I was born here but spent a few years of my childhood in the Netherlands; I can't speak a word of dutch now.

Latest

Trending

Trending