The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

The Official Sussex FIRMERS 2012 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by swbp
Haha I think it's a real Sussex trend being from the south. My dad graduated in 1981 and said it was exactly the same when he was there!

Haha nice, I'll feel right at home then!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 181
Does anyone know when they will arrive at Sussex?:smile:
I swear on track it said that the start date is the 17th, but i just logged on again and now it just says 'Sept 2012'.

Also wondering if there is any Facebook group for Sussex Freshers?:smile: i know a lot of my friends going to other unis have joined groups on there! Can't seem to find one for Sussex though...
Original post by abarker35
I swear on track it said that the start date is the 17th, but i just logged on again and now it just says 'Sept 2012'.

Also wondering if there is any Facebook group for Sussex Freshers?:smile: i know a lot of my friends going to other unis have joined groups on there! Can't seem to find one for Sussex though...

On ucas it says we start on the 17th, which i'm guessing is the academic start of the year (as it's a monday) or at least when we start freshers week - but if you look on the housing application that we filled in for halls it says that the tenancy is from the 15th onwards (which is a saturday) so i'm guessing that's when we go to move all our stuff in etc :smile:

Only a guess though, and sussex will write to us or whatever to tell us all about whats going on anyway once they know you're in, just gotta wait till the 16th august :eek::eek::eek:

Oh and for the facebook group - make one! :biggrin:
Reply 183

I think there are groups, if you search, but i'm not joining untill I know i'm definately in. It would be so embarassing to have to unlike the page because you didn't get the grades!
Reply 184
I sent them my results the other day but still no reply. They do take their time Sussex do.
Reply 185
Original post by Joshbrown
On ucas it says we start on the 17th, which i'm guessing is the academic start of the year (as it's a monday) or at least when we start freshers week - but if you look on the housing application that we filled in for halls it says that the tenancy is from the 15th onwards (which is a saturday) so i'm guessing that's when we go to move all our stuff in etc :smile:

Only a guess though, and sussex will write to us or whatever to tell us all about whats going on anyway once they know you're in, just gotta wait till the 16th august :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, will head up on the 15th then :smile: (providing i get in of course!)

Ahhh i know, 32 days to go now, it's going so slowly!

I've found these...
https://www.facebook.com/sussex.freshers.5
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003143936103
https://www.facebook.com/groups/364136576960452/

The last one would probably be the best to join? :smile:
Not sure whether to wait until i know i'm going though?!
Reply 186
Original post by swbp
I think there are groups, if you search, but i'm not joining untill I know i'm definately in. It would be so embarassing to have to unlike the page because you didn't get the grades!

Good point actually! Think i'll hold off for a while:P
Reply 187
Original post by alkyone
hello there, congratulations! what course did you apply for? :smile:

Thank you! I will be studying Anthropology and Spanish with a year abroad. :smile: What course did you apply for?
Reply 188
Original post by Joshbrown

There already is a facebook group for fresher's week! :smile: http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Sussex-Freshers-Week-2012-2013/243398249105164?ref=ts
Also, because they changed the structure of the terms and eveerything this year, fresher's week isn't actually a whole week: its starts on the 15th and classes start on the 17th, which is kinda lame. Good luck on your results!
Reply 189
Original post by swbp
Is there anyone not from Kent/Sussex/London/Hampshire, as apparently coming from Suffolk will make me "northern". SUFFOLK IS NOT IN THE NORTH!

I wouldn't worry about that. I'll be coming over from France so just remember there are some people who will be even more worried about integrating into a different country/continent/culture and not just a different part of England. Good luck on your results :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Lavished
Thank you! I will be studying Anthropology and Spanish with a year abroad. :smile: What course did you apply for?

Ah great, I applied for biomedical science :smile:
Hi guys. Term dates are all over the website. Let me summarise:
- 15th Sep = Move in
- 17th Sep = Orientation
- 20th Sep = Classes begin
So excited. :smile:
Reply 192
Original post by Lavished
There already is a facebook group for fresher's week! :smile: http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Sussex-Freshers-Week-2012-2013/243398249105164?ref=ts
Also, because they changed the structure of the terms and eveerything this year, fresher's week isn't actually a whole week: its starts on the 15th and classes start on the 17th, which is kinda lame. Good luck on your results!

Ah thank you :biggrin:
Reply 193

The only official Freshers group is www.facebook.com/groups/256289317802352. This group is run by the Students' Union and provides official news and exclusive updates. Other groups tend to be quite spammy and run by random promoters.

Jo
Original post by mintaltoids
Hi guys. Term dates are all over the website. Let me summarise:
- 15th Sep = Move in
- 17th Sep = Orientation
- 20th Sep = Classes begin
So excited. :smile:

What's orientation? And I thought the classes started around the 22/24th but I trust your judgement. :smile:
Firmed Sussex months ago, doing a BA in Social work :smile:
Original post by SugarPuddle
What's orientation? And I thought the classes started around the 22/24th but I trust your judgement. :smile:

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/academicoffice/structureoftheacademicyear/termdates201213

There we go :smile: Woops sorry. Attended an international school for a better 8 years of my life so I probably got muddled up with some American terms. Orientation = Freshers' Induction! Btw does anyone know anything about freshers' week yet? I'm so curious..
Is everyone going to be turning up on the first day?

I would hate to move into my accomodation and none of my flatmates be there!
Original post by Negaduck
Is everyone going to be turning up on the first day?

I would hate to move into my accomodation and none of my flatmates be there!

I'm turning up first day and i'm sure everyone else will too as everyone's so excited to go to uni!
I'm moving into accom on the 15th. Surely there will be lots of people moving in then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending