The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR AS F321 Atoms, Bonds and Groups May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HamzahK21
The question near the beginning, when sulphur had like -2 and you had to work out the P N and E.
What was it?

Sulfur with 34S(2-) had 16 P 18 E and 18 N
Reply 781
Original post by otrivine
calculating mr of the crystal ?

Yes it does ring a bell :smile:
Original post by Gcayte
Yes it does ring a bell :smile:

was this easier or same level as june 2011? Also, the graphs did you draw for ionisation an increase but with two pint where it decreases then increases again ? and form atomic radius i started at high atomic radius for Na then it gradually decreased thats why i did was like a proportional graph similar
Reply 783
yes that was hard! i put srcl2 and h2o gives sr(oh)2 is that correct you think?

I'm really not sure, I had no idea!

I also, spent ages identifying the metal at the end!
Original post by emah123
so what you had to write this equation?? i swear the question was suggest the acid used in this reation??

someone please clarify?????!!!

As far as I recall it only asked for the formula of the acid used, and not the equation? But last year when I sat F321 I lost 12 marks making mistakes like not reading the question so I'm not 100% sure now. I just put H2SO3
was this easier or same level as june 2011? Also, the graphs did you draw for ionisation an increase but with two pint where it decreases then increases again ? and form atomic radius i started at high atomic radius for Na then it gradually decreased thats why i did was like a proportional graph similar

I think that grade boundaries will be slightly lower down on averages. The graphs it was a general trend so for the i.e question I think that any unsling line is fine but you have down a more accurate version which should get marks but 2nd graph is correct
Reply 786
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme up yet??
Original post by Aa234
do you have to get 60/60 to get the full 90 ums or can you 59 and still get it, because in the coursework i heard people get like full ums even if they're 1/2 marks off full marks, does anyone know?

Last year on Core 1 (maths) I got 100% and I know for sure I left one small question blank, meaning I didn't get full marks. Usually you don't need full marks but there are occasions where 100%=full marks only
Reply 788
third time doing this paper.. made so many silly mistakes and hardly did any revision due to other subject classwork including the bada*s F325 ..
Reply 789
how many marks was the dot and cross diagram worth??
Personally i feel this paper was a lot harder than the January one! anyone agree?
Original post by silver0
third time doing this paper.. made so many silly mistakes and hardly did any revision due to other subject classwork including the bada*s F325 ..

Me too! Ah well, third time lucky... :s-smilie:
Original post by Gcayte
I drew the NH4 in one bracket with a + charge (a dative bond between one H) and then the Cl in a bracket with a - charge.
No idea if this is right though, I just couldn't find another way to do it :redface:

Im pretty sure this is right! It's what i put! :smile:
Original post by Kir4nK

3 marks i think! :smile:
Original post by aa234
for that one with the mass of the anhydrous salt, did anybody get 4.5g?

i did woooooo
Reply 795
Original post by mattymorse
3 marks i think! :smile:

oh damn i thought it was 2
Reply 796
Original post by Kir4nK

2 marks :smile:
Reply 797
Did anyone get 7.9g for the anhydrous compound mass?

Also, the positive ions in solution were the two dissociated ions from the Sr(OH)2 compound right? I.E, Sr^2- and 2OH^1-?
Reply 798
Original post by Nick9001

Also, the positive ions in solution were the two dissociated ions from the Sr(OH)2 compound right? I.E, Sr^2- and 2OH^1-?

Hey, I didn't get that for the anhydrous question, but I know that 7.9g is right from talking to others.
The ions are right.

How did you do the anydrous question? I came up with an answer of like 4000g, which is of course wrong......help? :smile:
Reply 799
Original post by Nick9001

i got this but not sure if its right :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending