The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AS01
relation between energy intake and energy loss to loose weight?

Lower the energy intake and higher energy loss
Reply 1381
Original post by CollateralElement
Proteins on the surface of the influenza virus act as antigens triggering the immune response but selective resistance = new strains of virus. Could also be added.
You got most of the marks :smile:

hey you did not mark mine for this question.
Original post by AS01
i think better to use txt book before using CGP

Pfft. I live on the dangerous edge of life. Who needs a silly textbook? :biggrin:
Original post by AS01
hey you did not mark mine for this question.

You got the answer :tongue:
Reply 1384

that will make you weak not only loose weight. So,
its energy intake= energy loss.
Original post by Future_Dr
Right so I definatley gonna fail.

No you won't! Don't worry! :smile: What topics are you struggling with? I can fire you some questions if you'd like?
Original post by AS01
if the climate change then the selected area will no longer hold the required condition for the species to survive.
also an outbreak of new disease can affect all species in there.
it limits number of individuals living in so less variation?

*people/tourists will feed the animals and leave litter,
*people will continue to hunt the animals for food
*possibility animal may leave the reservation to find sources of food
Reply 1387

dats right sorry intake less than energy used.
Original post by AS01
relation between energy intake and energy loss to loose weight?

if you take intake more energy energy is loss for metabolic process and excess fat is broken down . aerobic respiration
Original post by AS01
that will make you weak not only loose weight. So,
its energy intake= energy loss.

But it would still make you lose weight? Getting equilibrium on both sides will maintain weight!
No you won't! Don't worry! :smile: What topics are you struggling with? I can fire you some questions if you'd like?

It's not really the topic that I'm struggling with.. it's just you guys with a different textbook than mine and which has other information on it which I was nor taught or read anywhere. So who knows what sort of stuff I should have known and don't.:frown:
Reply 1391
Pfft. I live on the dangerous edge of life. Who needs a silly textbook? :biggrin:

lol!!
Ok. Another general question. State and explain briefly the functions of a protein.
Reply 1393
You got the answer :tongue:

ok
Reply 1394
It's not really the topic that I'm struggling with.. it's just you guys with a different textbook than mine and which has other information on it which I was nor taught or read anywhere. So who knows what sort of stuff I should have known and don't.:frown:

thats what spec are for. go through it and ask us if u think u haven't done that topic :wink:
Reply 1395
But it would still make you lose weight? Getting equilibrium on both sides will maintain weight!

later I corrected my mistake :tongue:
Ok. Another general question. State and explain briefly the functions of a protein.

- hormones
- haemoglobin
- proteins are molecules carry out chemical reaction and are formed by joning of amino acids?

If it helps, I've seen the other textbooks and it isn't much different. Just a little more detail. If you do the past papers, you'll just automatically sink into what you're meant to know and what you're not. There shouldn't be much that you haven't heard of or know about a little.
Reply 1398
Original post by otrivine
if you take intake more energy energy is loss for metabolic process and excess fat is broken down . aerobic respiration

its just energy intake should be less than energy loss.
Honey, I really don't think you need to know ANYTHING about okazaki fragments, or, I doubt - Ligase - so stop stressing. And DNA Polymerase joins free DNA nucleotides to a DNA strand during semi-conservative DNA replication and RNA Polymerase joins free RNA nucleotides to DNA template during transcription.
Chill!

I've never even heard of RNA polymerase! I thought transcription was when the mRNA moves out of the nucleus through the pores carrying the genetic code to the ribosome and then the tRNA carries amino acids to the exposed bases and attaches them? And then the polypeptide forms on the outside of the ribosome?

But then if what i've just said is transcription, what's translation. Oh my god so confused!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending