The Student Room Group

OCR B F334 - Chemistry of Materials - 19th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Princess Kawaii
can anyone explain the answer to question 2 e(i) in the June 10 paper f334??
Thankkss

0.1/213=0.00046948 to get the number of mols

100/1000=0.1 to convert 100cm3 into dm3

0.00046948/0.1 n=c*v so c=n/v

which gives you 4.7x10^-3 mols dm^-3
Reply 61
I'm not really sure how to practice for this exam... I just feel like the past papers are a waste of time now :/
Original post by mimsicle
I'm not really sure how to practice for this exam... I just feel like the past papers are a waste of time now :/

I felt the same too - After F335, I just thought that all the revision had gone to waste.
But you can't think like that. :no:

We have to revise properly and do well so we can average a good grade overall. :yy:

Good luck :h:
Reply 63
Original post by SimpleGirl
I felt the same too - After F335, I just thought that all the revision had gone to waste.

We have to revise properly and do well so we can average a good grade overall. :yy:

I swear the exam boards are purposely making the papers hard, so that we do bad, don't get into Uni and don't have to pay £9000. The exam boards are jealous that the Unis are taking all the money. It's all fixed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by misspinx20
I swear the exam boards are purposely making the papers hard, so that we do bad, don't get into Uni and don't have to pay £9000. The exam boards are jealous that the Unis are talking all the money. It's all fixed.

F335 was actually a joke, though. I cannot believe that's the paper they gave us. :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
I swear the exam boards are purposely making the papers hard, so that we do bad, don't get into Uni and don't have to pay £9000. The exam boards are jealous that the Unis are talking all the money. It's all fixed.

But harder papers mean lower grade boundaries. It's always the exact same number of people getting A's etc...

F335 was actually a joke, though. I cannot believe that's the paper they gave us. :mad:

EDIT: How was C3 today?

It was tough not impossible. And you can't discuss C3 until midnight.
Original post by icedragon
And you can't discuss C3 until midnight.

Sorry - completely forgot about that. :facepalm:.
I didn't even sit the maths paper.

x.

Text me about C3! :yy:
Reply 67

Thanks, you too! Going to have to go over the January 2012 paper to see how they ask the questions... and be prepared for the worst :tongue:
Original post by mimsicle
Thanks, you too! Going to have to go over the January 2012 paper to see how they ask the questions... and be prepared for the worst :tongue:

Haha, yes, probably a good idea now :tongue:
Reply 69
Original post by icedragon
But harder papers mean lower grade boundaries. It's always the exact same number of people getting A's etc...

It was tough not impossible. And you can't discuss C3 until midnight.

I hope the grade boundaries will be low. I know I lost half the marks because i didn't know how to write any of the equations! There were some seriously dodgy questions in f335. f334 better arrive as an angle and save us all!

Btw, for this exam, do we have to know how to name complex ions? It doesn't really say anything like that in the syllabus, but it's in the textbook and you can't trust OCR, because they can be a right devil sometimes.
Reply 70
Whats the difference between addition and condensation polymerisation?
Reply 71
Original post by Waki
Whats the difference between addition and condensation polymerisation?

addition is where two monomers are added to form a polymer whereas condensation is where two are added to form a polymer and a small molecule - (H2O) is removed I think!!
Reply 72

So glad I wasn't the only person that found that paper really strange?!
Does anyone know where i can find the F334 syllabus? I googled it but can't find it. I use it to judge what i need to revise and what (if anything) i already know :smile:
Original post by bertiejess
addition is where two monomers are added to form a polymer whereas condensation is where two are added to form a polymer and a small molecule - (H2O) is removed I think!!

That's correct condensation is an elimination reaction that creates H2O as another product.
ocr better not troll us again like in f335 :cross:
Original post by Oliverfk93916
Does anyone know where i can find the F334 syllabus? I googled it but can't find it. I use it to judge what i need to revise and what (if anything) i already know :smile:

dude, it'sin the specification on the OCR website :sigh:
Reply 77
after a flop of an exam that was F335, i need to literally ace this exam to even consider the possibility of getting into medicine. And from Jan 12, my problems aren't actually with the chemical knowledge, its the calculations, so what do you guys recommend? will doing past papers just be a waste of time? the reason i got a B in January was because of that large calculations question (missed an A by 3 marks) :frown:
Reply 78
Original post by nosh1994
after a flop of an exam that was F335, i need to literally ace this exam to even consider the possibility of getting into medicine. And from Jan 12, my problems aren't actually with the chemical knowledge, its the calculations, so what do you guys recommend? will doing past papers just be a waste of time? the reason i got a B in January was because of that large calculations question (missed an A by 3 marks) :frown:

well past papers are the ones that will help you practice the really long calculation questions...so past papers aren't really a waste of time! Trust me, when i was doing past papers for f335, random topics came out that's not in any revision guide...and those topics also came up in the real exam, so yeahh
Reply 79
how did ocr troll us for f335? and was doing a legacy paper when nmr came up, is that just coz its a legacy paper or does that mean that anything from the whole AS and A2 can be tested? i thought it was just the first 4 modules and AS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending