The Student Room Group

Is UUU to AAA possible in a month?

Hey guys, to keep things short I have missed unreal amounts of college over the 2 years due to medical issues etc. and have just never caught up, and now know little to no content. I’m not stupid - I got grade 9s across the board at GCSE without doing much work. I have been trying to get myself to start learning content for months but have just never been able to get around to it due to anxiety and panic attacks and just the general delusion that I still have time. Now that I have a month left before my first exam (6th June) and the realisation is dawning on me that I need to knuckle down!

Does anyone have any successful cramming stories to share? I do OCR biology and chemistry, and edexcel maths. I have an uplearn scholarship, so I was hoping that if I smash it out for a few weeks then do some past papers I can scrape some A grades. I will be back here in august to let you all how it went on results day, but can anyone give some words of advice/tips?
To be really very honest here. Absolutely anything is possible in life but some things are much more unlikely to happen or difficult to make happen than others. A really good example would be your current situation. Given the complexity and depth of the A-level curriculum, and the amount of detail you have to know your course syllabus and material, a lot of time is required to master even key ideas and concepts. So though you could do all of it in a short time frame, you will find that the concentration of time you will spend can be a bit too much but if you have the motivation and resilience, then those few months should be just enough given that you stay super consistent and use your time wisely. Best of luck here.
are there any ways you can apply for extenuating circumstances / accomodations? if you had medical issues that meant you couldnt cover content over the 2 years?
Reply 3
Original post by Murad Ahmad Noor
To be really very honest here. Absolutely anything is possible in life but some things are much more unlikely to happen or difficult to make happen than others. A really good example would be your current situation. Given the complexity and depth of the A-level curriculum, and the amount of detail you have to know your course syllabus and material, a lot of time is required to master even key ideas and concepts. So though you could do all of it in a short time frame, you will find that the concentration of time you will spend can be a bit too much but if you have the motivation and resilience, then those few months should be just enough given that you stay super consistent and use your time wisely. Best of luck here.

Thank you so much! I’m going to try make a plan, around 2.5 weeks for content and 2.5 weeks of just past papers and practice questions
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Batty baboon
are there any ways you can apply for extenuating circumstances / accomodations? if you had medical issues that meant you couldnt cover content over the 2 years?

I was already asked if I wanted to retake year 1 to accommodate for missed content due to my medical issues, but I declined it as my parents didn’t want me to retake any years :frown:
Original post by lindabea

I was already asked if I wanted to retake year 1 to accommodate for missed content due to my medical issues, but I declined it as my parents didn’t want me to retake any years :frown:

Why would you decline because your parents would get mad? Are they doing your A levels or are you? Well, I guess were now that I realise when you’ve made this thread, how’d it turn out?
Reply 6
Hey! May I ask what you got?

Quick Reply

Latest