The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Whos going to Clifton Campus...New Hall or Peverell or even Private (Goldsmiths)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lloyd949
(21/M/Manchester)
I'v just put NTU as my first choice :biggrin:

Can't wait to go now...

I visited the Clifton Campus and found all the accomadation pretty decent...

At first I thought it would be a pain to be away from the City n then I realised how useful its going to be having my lesson just outside my door, was never the best at catching buses first thing in the morning :biggrin:

Anyway, I think I'm going to go for peverell. Quite a few people I'v spoke to have said either that they had an amazing time at peverell or they wish they'd stayed in peverell. Plus you need every penny you can get as a student, so seems silly to pay an extra £1000 a year.

I'm taking English Literature, Joint Honours, Anyone else doing English??

Finally I find someone who is doing my course (kind of) I am doing English with Film and TV! But I think I am going to New Halls!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm applying for New Halls, although I liked Peverell too.....the booking form isn't open yet though - panicking!
Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 22
I booked Pev
Reply 23
peverell as well.
Reply 24
Block H in Peverell
Reply 25
i found a peverell facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/362158247166667/
(21/M/Manchester)
I'v just put NTU as my first choice :biggrin:

Can't wait to go now...

I visited the Clifton Campus and found all the accomadation pretty decent...

At first I thought it would be a pain to be away from the City n then I realised how useful its going to be having my lesson just outside my door, was never the best at catching buses first thing in the morning :biggrin:

Anyway, I think I'm going to go for peverell. Quite a few people I'v spoke to have said either that they had an amazing time at peverell or they wish they'd stayed in peverell. Plus you need every penny you can get as a student, so seems silly to pay an extra £1000 a year.

I'm taking English Literature, Joint Honours, Anyone else doing English??

I'm doing English and Creative Writing and I'm staying in Peverell, 2nd floor, block F. :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Charli121
Finally I find someone who is doing my course (kind of) I am doing English with Film and TV! But I think I am going to New Halls!

Hahaha, there's no sort of about it. I'm doing exactly the same course as you, English combined with film and tv, joint hons, but I was told we are able to choose modules from a variety of different subjects in our first year :smile: n then decide what we want to carry on with... (interested in creative writing etc) Are you planning on going away with the film and tv course? They told me there was a 6 month placement in Australia, Thailand, America and others...
Reply 28
Original post by EnthusiasticWriter
I'm doing English and Creative Writing and I'm staying in Peverell, 2nd floor, block F. :smile:

Not sure where I am in Peverell yet because I still need to book it :smile: and although my course is in English combined with film and tv, I also have an interest in creative writing :smile: I was told we can choose from a variety of different subjects and modules in our first year though :smile:
Reply 29
Hahaha, there's no sort of about it. I'm doing exactly the same course as you, English combined with film and tv, joint hons, but I was told we are able to choose modules from a variety of different subjects in our first year :smile: n then decide what we want to carry on with... (interested in creative writing etc) Are you planning on going away with the film and tv course? They told me there was a 6 month placement in Australia, Thailand, America and others...

That was awesome! I am so glad I have found someone. I may focus more on the film and tv side of things I am not sure yet! I heard about the America placement! I am quite looking forward to it all now! Where are you staying... Peverell or New Halls?
Reply 30
Hey i'm staying in new hall block D flat 4! DA0403 Anybody else??
Reply 31
Hey guys, I've booked New Hall and I'm in ME3108 :wink:
Anyone else in New? And I genuinely can't wait for October!
Reply 32
Anyone in Block P in Peverell? I can barely find anyone. :tongue:
Reply 33
Original post by Charli121
That was awesome! I am so glad I have found someone. I may focus more on the film and tv side of things I am not sure yet! I heard about the America placement! I am quite looking forward to it all now! Where are you staying... Peverell or New Halls?

Planning to stay at peverell, but if you go new halls, we can clue each other up on whats happenin-parties etc :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Shan<3
New halls is amazing, i'm there this year :smile: if you have any questions just quote me and i'll answer them for you!

Hey i have booked my accommodation in new halls this year, i'm in block D - And i was wondering - Can your year stay in new halls next year?? Because i can only find 1 fresher who will be in my flat and i'm worried that there will be older people in there too!

Also where are the blocks in relation to the campus like which blocks are clostest to the point bar or the car park or wherever? because when i booked it i wasnt sure where was best, because it didnt show them in realtion to anything!

Thank you very much!! xx
Anyone booked in new halls?? Mine is ME3208 :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by student-2012
Anyone booked in new halls?? Mine is ME3208 :biggrin:

HAHA I'm ME3108 almost the same, but 100 out!!
lool ohh your probs on one of the other floors in the same building lol!
Reply 38
Original post by JessicaB94
Hey i have booked my accommodation in new halls this year, i'm in block D - And i was wondering - Can your year stay in new halls next year?? Because i can only find 1 fresher who will be in my flat and i'm worried that there will be older people in there too!

Also where are the blocks in relation to the campus like which blocks are clostest to the point bar or the car park or wherever? because when i booked it i wasnt sure where was best, because it didnt show them in realtion to anything!

Thank you very much!! xx

Block D is nice, right next to reception :smile: I have some friends there. Yes they can, but its unusual. I believe freshers get priority over rooms and then whatever is left is available to other years. I think they generally tend to club older students together. There are a few final year students in the studio flats and a couple of older students choose to stay and live in halls as 'reps'. I'd be very surprised if you had anyone other than freshers in your flat though, most people want to move out and get a house with their friends! When I moved in I had only found 2 from my flat online :smile:
The whole of New Halls is right next to the point, but D is pretty much at the front of new halls. My block is at the back and its less than a minutes walk away. So I guess you may hear more noise on club nights :wink: the car park is about 2 mins away, and the main campus area is again about 2 mins (unless you study science, then thats more like 5 on the other side) honestly the whole campus is pretty small so everything is close :smile: you've chosen a good block, it overlooks the walkway so you can watch everyone and they have the bigger kitchens in there :wink:
Reply 39
Original post by Lana94
How long is the bus journey to the city?

And also, for your second year where are you planning on staying?

It's about 20-30 mins if theres no traffic. In rush hour it can take like 45 which is a pain.
Next year i'm renting a house with friends in West Bridgford, a town on the uni link route. Its where most people studying in Clifton choose to live for their second year, there is quite a studenty area :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending