The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Anyone going to Glasgow Caledonian University 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Just been offered a place at the Bootcamp thing. On the Wednesday and Thursday. Anyone else going?
(edited 11 years ago)
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Original post by INTERPOLv2
I only turned 18 not long ago so I didn't see a point in going on JSA just to cancel it again in a couple of weeks :/

I tried loaning off family & friends but they all either didn't have it or needed it for something else, didn't expect any luck anyways though...

Thats very good :smile: Though I'm a loyal RBS customer, I doubt I'l change bank lol

Have you met anyone else doing our course btw?

EDIT: Oh and for all of you moving into Buchanan View soon, what date are you moving in? I'll be there on the 1st so I have more time to settle in :P

Well, at least the most you'll get is a £25 late fee. I imagine a lot of students will have the same problem :/

My dad used to be a RBS customer but he switched over after that cock up at the end of june where all the accounts were frozen. I might go Co-Op next year depending on how much the Clydesdale offer me for my second year.

I've met a couple of people on FaceyB through the Freshers group but not many. Only about 2.

Well, I'm not offically moving in until the 4th (since our induction days start on the 5th) but I'm moving some boxes in on the 1st and getting my key then.
does anybody have any idea what kind of timetable courses like social sciences will have ? i need to give my work a rough idea of how many days a week i'd be in. Does anybody know when we get our timetables ?
Original post by celticbhoy
does anybody have any idea what kind of timetable courses like social sciences will have ? i need to give my work a rough idea of how many days a week i'd be in. Does anybody know when we get our timetables ?

I want my time table too but honestly, I don't think we'll get it until we start :frown:
Original post by celticbhoy

It says on the timetable website that provisional timetables will be uploaded on the 20th August :smile: I want mine now haha!
Hey-up all, got a place on the Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering course, anyone else doing it?
Original post by Miss Trololol
Well, at least the most you'll get is a £25 late fee. I imagine a lot of students will have the same problem :/

My dad used to be a RBS customer but he switched over after that cock up at the end of june where all the accounts were frozen. I might go Co-Op next year depending on how much the Clydesdale offer me for my second year.

I've met a couple of people on FaceyB through the Freshers group but not many. Only about 2.

Well, I'm not offically moving in until the 4th (since our induction days start on the 5th) but I'm moving some boxes in on the 1st and getting my key then.

Yea it could be a lot worse I guess :/

Surprisingly that didn't affect my account at all :P

I've joined that group but haven't met anybody from it yet :/ guess I'll keep looking around

Induction days on the 5th? I haven't heard anything about induction days :s-smilie:
Hi everyone i got a place through clearing to study Orthoptics, Im really excited but nervous too as this is my second time at uni but now i have a family to juggle too! Anyone else doing Orthoptics?
Original post by INTERPOLv2

Induction days on the 5th? I haven't heard anything about induction days :s-smilie:

http://www.gcu.ac.uk/new2gcu/schoolofhealthandlifesciences/undergraduatecourses/

Apparently, we have induction days on the 5th, 6th and 7th for the Psychology course. Thanks for letting us know GCU -__-
Reply 189
Hey, anyone doing podiatry?
also has anyone just sent away their accommodation application?
thanks!
I'M FAR TOO EXCITED!
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/new2gcu/schoolofhealthandlifesciences/undergraduatecourses/

Apparently, we have induction days on the 5th, 6th and 7th for the Psychology course. Thanks for letting us know GCU -__-

Thanks for letting me know :smile:

"Full induction details will be sent to your home address soon. If you need any further information please contact us at [email protected]."

Think an e-mail would have sufficed...I have a tendency to lose letters :frown:

No doubt I'll get lost trying to find the right room, or even the right building :P
Reply 191
I've been given accommodation at Caledonian Court for this year but in the email I was sent, I was told to return my acceptance and the first payment by last Friday. As I only returned from holiday today, I was obviously not able to do so. Does this mean I've lost my accommodation?
Reply 192
Original post by Dwayne94
I've been given accommodation at Caledonian Court for this year but in the email I was sent, I was told to return my acceptance and the first payment by last Friday. As I only returned from holiday today, I was obviously not able to do so. Does this mean I've lost my accommodation?

It means you should call them on Monday, there is likely some slack built into the date they give you.
Reply 193
I'm going to GCU to study business and I'm staying at Victoria Hall, anyone any advice on either the course or the accommodation? :smile:
I'm going to be studying Computing, anyone else doing the same?
Original post by Dwayne94
<br />
<br />
Phone them they extend the date... i did this too!
Reply 196
studying audio tec with electronics , buzzin!
anyone not got their registration details yet ?
i received my password in a letter today but no username yet :/ ?
Just been reading on the new2gcu website thing that we need to get our id cards and then saas/loan letters scanned before we can get any payments? So confused!!!
Reply 198
I know but it's just a little discouraging when every conversation turns to drink and how super hardcore we all are. Makes me feel like a black sheep and I already feel like I don't fit in and I'm not even there yet. I like a good rum & coke but I don't go out of my way to drunk just for the sake of it :/

Not everyone at uni is a drunk. I'll be 24 and starting in 1st year, so I've got some intention of taking this seriously, though should be hilarious seeing how mental these wee 18 year olds think they are. Wooo lets go the Garage every Saturday night!!
Reply 199
Original post by SazzyJazzyApple
Just been reading on the new2gcu website thing that we need to get our id cards and then saas/loan letters scanned before we can get any payments? So confused!!!

What's confusing? It tells you you need to do that...so do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending