The Student Room Group

Glasgow Cali or university of Glasgow for nursing

Hello, I have been offered a place at glasgow Caledonian University and university of Glasgow for adult nursing. I am not sure which one would be better for nursing. Can anyone recommend which is better to study adult nursing? And has anyone studied nursing at either uni? Thanks
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Coco30.
Hello, I have been offered a place at glasgow Caledonian University and university of Glasgow for adult nursing. I am not sure which one would be better for nursing. Can anyone recommend which is better to study adult nursing? And has anyone studied nursing at either uni? Thanks

Hi Coco30.
Congratulations on your offers.

It doesn't matter what university you go to as long as you qualify as a nurse at the end of your 3 year's.

There's no difference in the universities as it's just the way you are taught your coursework as each university does it differently from one another.

What one is easy for you to get to if using public transport...
You'll be sent to almost the same hospitals for placements within the Glasgow & Clyde health board area. ( Royal infirmary, QEUH, New Victoria are a few). GP/ community placements can unfortunately be anywhere in the area.
You'll have to factor in early starting time for hospital placement if using public transport but plenty of buses goes to the hospitals early morning and you'll be okay with Nightshift as well.

I am a Glasgow resident but I unfortunately didn't go to any of my local universities as couldn't get into them as landed up going to Edinburgh Napier for midwifing ( qualified in 2019 ) and eventually got a position back in Glasgow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending