The Student Room Group

C3 (Not MEI) - Thursday June 14 2012, AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Exam time soon :cry2:

I sort of want to get it over and done with but I am still worried :frown:

How's everyone coping?!
DONE IT! I've finally finished learning C3 (chapters 1 to 8 between Monday and now). Oh wow, that was long. Anyway, time for past papers.

How many papers have ppl done? Anyone trying out the Solomons etc.?
Reply 82
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
DONE IT! I've finally finished learning C3 (chapters 1 to 8 between Monday and now). Oh wow, that was long. Anyway, time for past papers.

How many papers have ppl done? Anyone trying out the Solomons etc.?

Done the Solomons, not all but quite a few! To be honest - they're not that great. There are plenty kf past papers, so not much need to do Solomon :s-smilie: plus they're pretty similar to each other imo
Original post by Doctor.
Done the Solomons, not all but quite a few! To be honest - they're not that great. There are plenty kf past papers, so not much need to do Solomon :s-smilie: plus they're pretty similar to each other imo

That's true. I don't normally do Solomons but I've got, what, another 5 days till this exam - I've got no others and it'll be my very last one - so I'm probably going to get through as many as possible.

I found a zip file on another C3 thread with all the solomons, the elmwoods, old P3 papers that have relevant questions, a list of possible questions that haven't come up yet and all the C3 past papers! I'm going to try to get through those tomorrow and onwards...done enough for today I think, haha, just finished the practice paper in the book.

I was really freaking out about this exam on Monday, but now I'm honestly finding it pretty damn easy! My only fear's the ridiculous grade boundaries...grrrrr
Reply 84
That's true. I don't normally do Solomons but I've got, what, another 5 days till this exam - I've got no others and it'll be my very last one - so I'm probably going to get through as many as possible.

I found a zip file on another C3 thread with all the solomons, the elmwoods, old P3 papers that have relevant questions, a list of possible questions that haven't come up yet and all the C3 past papers! I'm going to try to get through those tomorrow and onwards...done enough for today I think, haha, just finished the practice paper in the book.

I was really freaking out about this exam on Monday, but now I'm honestly finding it pretty damn easy! My only fear's the ridiculous grade boundaries...grrrrr

Ah fair enough, mind posting the link to the thread on here? Would appreciate it :yep:
Original post by Doctor.
Ah fair enough, mind posting the link to the thread on here? Would appreciate it :yep:

Here you go: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2005953&page=13&page=13

Post #247, defo deserves some positive rep, the pack's got literally everything you'd ever need for an A* in C3!
Reply 86
Here you go: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2005953&page=13&page=13

Post #247, defo deserves some positive rep, the pack's got literally everything you'd ever need for an A* in C3!

Oh right thats the edexcel one :tongue: thought you ment one for OCR. The OCR Solomon papers are pretty similar to the edexcel ones tbh
Reply 87
How do you work out the range?
Find the range of f(x)
f(x)= (2x^2+20)/(x^2+5)
No idea how to work it out?
Answer is 2<y<4
Original post by Luppy021
How do you work out the range?
Find the range of f(x)
f(x)= (2x^2+20)/(x^2+5)
No idea how to work it out?
Answer is 2<y<4

Which paper is this from? Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by king0vdarkness
Which paper is this from? Thanks in advance! :smile:

A2 core textbook Exercise 1G question 6c
Also simular question in June 2008 question 9i
Reply 90

Not a clue, but id assume - completing the square/factors something along those lines.

Then again I'd just draw it on the calculator and find the range :colondollar:

My txtbk doesnt go to 1g and the june 2008 paper c3 edexcel doesnt go to q9 so presume you meant q4 heres the answers http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/worked-solution/worked-solution.php?paper_id=36&solution=4.2
Reply 92
Original post by king0vdarkness
My txtbk doesnt go to 1g and the june 2008 paper c3 edexcel doesnt go to q9 so presume you meant q4 heres the answers http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/worked-solution/worked-solution.php?paper_id=36&solution=4.2

Dude, you do know this is the Core 3 OCR exam prep thread? :colonhash:
Original post by Doctor.
Dude, you do know this is the Core 3 OCR exam prep thread? :colonhash:

oops!
Anybody know where i can find the january 2012 mark scheme for ocr c3? Also the c4 one would help :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by MoneyOverEverythin
Anybody know where i can find the january 2012 mark scheme for ocr c3? Also the c4 one would help :smile:

Do you have the Jan 2012 paper? if so pleaaaasee may you post it on here? :biggrin:
Reply 96
Jan 2012 paper anyone? thanks
Reply 97
How's everyone doing? :smile:
Reply 98
Jan 2012 paper anyone? thanks

http://www.mathspapers.co.uk/edexcel.html

Scroll down to core 3 and it should be on the list :smile:
Reply 99
Can anyone walk me through this....
2-|x+1| = x/2