The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5420
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
What time did you say you'll meet him? Would it be possible to try and nap beforehand? :hugs:

Original post by SciFiRory
ah okay, can you not ask to meet another time? or maybe contact him by phone instead if you just need to talk?

Meeting in half an hour, so can't nap. Leaving now. I'll nap when I get home. Can't meet another time because he's off home tomorrow for summer. And I hate talking on the phone. It'll be fine, I just need to force myself to go.
Original post by d123
Meeting in half an hour, so can't nap. Leaving now. I'll nap when I get home. Can't meet another time because he's off home tomorrow for summer. And I hate talking on the phone. It'll be fine, I just need to force myself to go.

Good luck hun! :jumphug:
Original post by d123

ah, okay then, good luck with the meeting and I hope you manage some sleep when you get home :hugs:
Guys, I've been on mirtazapine for 2 weeks and its literally changed my life, I can't even begin to tell you.

This morning, for the first time, since I had to change universities because of it three years ago, I managed to get on a train. I MANAGED TO GET ON A MOTHER ****ING TRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should've seen me in the train station when i got back.. I went slightly nuts.

I then went to go treat myself to a new pair of jeans to discover I've gone down to a size 8 :biggrin:

So I then decided to buy a car :biggrin:
Original post by insignificant
Guys, I've been on mirtazapine for 2 weeks and its literally changed my life, I can't even begin to tell you.

This morning, for the first time, since I had to change universities because of it three years ago, I managed to get on a train. I MANAGED TO GET ON A MOTHER ****ING TRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should've seen me in the train station when i got back.. I went slightly nuts.

I then went to go treat myself to a new pair of jeans to discover I've gone down to a size 8 :biggrin:

congrats :smile: glad to hear it's helping you so much and things are looking up for you! :hugs:
Original post by SciFiRory
congrats :smile: glad to hear it's helping you so much and things are looking up for you! :hugs:

I feel like I'm... normal! Like on cloud 9 or something its mad.

That's awesome. So glad to hear it's working so well for you :smile:
Grrrrr...that's me ^
Original post by Honeyx
Thank you for the encouragement! :hugs:
I'm making myself a nice colorful timetable that I will hopefully stick to!
Have a feeling will be posting more on here in the next few wks, don't want to tell any of my friends...med students aren't the nicest when it comes to hearing of other peoples failure! Even though non of my uni friends know I'm unwell. them just thinking I'm stupid is embarrassing enough :s-smilie:

That sounds like a good idea :smile: Medicine is such a tough course, you really shouldn't feel bad about failing. You can't help being unwell :no: Perhaps they'd be more supportive if you told them about the problems you're having? Only if you feel comfortable doing so, of course :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous
Marking my 7 weeks in hospital with 2 days leave from the place!
Been up and down over the past few days but I'm definitely down today.

Hope everybody is doing well :hugs:

Jesus, you've been stuck in there a long time :frown: Any idea when they might discharge you?

Wow, that's great! I'm so happy for you :jumphug:
I feel like I'm... normal! Like on cloud 9 or something its mad.

awesome :smile:
Feeling all alone and miserable :frown: I need to focus, but I just can't
Hey guys, another quick update from me. Unfortunately after being on a section 136 last night, I had a Mental Health Act assessment this morning and I've been sectioned. So I'm going back to the hospital I was in before. Feel a complete failure, I didn't think this would happen, I didn't believe it, but it has. I don't know...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:woo: :party: :dance: So pleased for you! :biggrin:

Another day of not working, this end. Just phoned up my EIS and it turns out my psychiatrist is on leave. Again. Bloody hell, how much leave does he get?!? :eek: Spoke to the team manager guy in charge of the CPNs and I haven't been assigned one yet :sad: He's going to talk to the team tomorrow about whether it's feasible to get someone in. They probably won't give me anyone though until it's absolutely 100% certain that they're staying (due to my trust and attachment issues). So looks like I just have to plod on for now :nopity:
Original post by bullettheory
Hey guys, another quick update from me. Unfortunately after being on a section 136 last night, I had a Mental Health Act assessment this morning and I've been sectioned. So I'm going back to the hospital I was in before. Feel a complete failure, I didn't think this would happen, I didn't believe it, but it has. I don't know...

sorry to hear that :frown: hopefully you won't have to be there for long and will be okay and stuff :console:

Aww, that's a shame :console:. Do get well soon.

Please don't feel like you're a failure, what you are feeling is not something you have caused or brought on yourself. Hopefully this will mean that this will be the start of you getting the help you really need and a new beginning :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:woo: :party: :dance: So pleased for you! :biggrin:

Another day of not working, this end. Just phoned up my EIS and it turns out my psychiatrist is on leave. Again. Bloody hell, how much leave does he get?!? :eek: Spoke to the team manager guy in charge of the CPNs and I haven't been assigned one yet :sad: He's going to talk to the team tomorrow about whether it's feasible to get someone in. They probably won't give me anyone though until it's absolutely 100% certain that they're staying (due to my trust and attachment issues). So looks like I just have to plod on for now :nopity:

Thankyou so much :smile:

Ive always found that they are always on leave/training days its ridiculous! I understand they need to be completely kept up to date but it shouldn't be allowed to interfere with their patients. I hope that person manages to get hold of someone for you :smile:

****, what happened? :frown: Hope you can get out of hospital again soon :hugs:
Feeling absolutely **** at the moment. I think I have a job offer but will have to relocate with no financial support. I know that I wont be able to live on that salary- bills, rent, food, work commute etc... It is impossible.
I need to be at home, and so not sure what to do.

Hey, you're not a failure! This isn't your fault. Sometimes these things just happen and they're outside of our control.

It sounded like you were doing really well last time you were in, with regards to cooperating with meds and doctors, etc. So just do that again, don't beat yourself up and just try and stay calm as best you can :hugs:
Reply 5439
Been having a silly day today >_< lurking the fitness threads and the like rather than going to to the gym because I'ms till struggling to get to sleep ebfore midnight and it's an ass-pain for improving fitness
Although I am more than a bit scared of going now because of the binges/putting on so much weight, despite eating well today so far, seems a bad idea to lift anyway atm, don't know what to do? I haven't left the lving room in 6 hours : /

Latest