The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 2 Edexcel, Exam- 23rd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmrinderRai
Ah damn for Ammonia's smell...
the advantage i wrote was that people would not drink it or wouldn't consider it either???
Would I get a mark I know it sounds stupid
But I heard they put something in gasoline so that people don't drink it.

I wrote the same thing, except I said it could prevent children from wanting to drink it. It doesn't seem like a stupid answer to me but who knows...
Reply 1261
Original post by EffKayy
Depends on the grade boundaries.
+12 from the 'A' boundary usually.

thanx
When do official Edexcel markschemes come out ???
Thanks !
Reply 1263
thought the iodine multichoice question was yellow ppt in silver nitrate (insoluble) or is that only for halogenoalkanes? :frown:
Reply 1264
Original post by gina3706
thought the iodine multichoice question was yellow ppt in silver nitrate (insoluble) or is that only for halogenoalkanes? :frown:

You would be right if it was to test for iodide but for iodine adding an organic solvent is correct.
Reply 1265
perimeter 18 area under curve - trapezium
Reply 1266
Original post by Ash03
can brown fumes be used to describe no2 gas, rather than brown gas?

Yuuuuup

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1267
Original post by egg123
perimeter 18 area under curve - trapezium

lol :K:
I hope it went good for you guys, for me it went well, did what could be done about the paper lol.
this was a really good paper, i reckon grade boundaries may be around 63 or 62 for an A
Original post by Arusa01
LOL, it was calcium nitrate and brick red flame would be right. :smile:

phewww, you just saved me from the depths of despair :wink: Merci beaucoup!
Original post by UserInvalid
I hope it went good for you guys, for me it went well, did what could be done about the paper lol.

Original post by AtomicMan
this was a really good paper, i reckon grade boundaries may be around 63 or 62 for an A

What 'additional' info did you guys say (2)
Why its mixed with petrol? (1)
Why the reaction is better than combustion of methane itself? (1)
Reply 1272
Original post by Chaofan88
phewww, you just saved me from the depths of despair :wink: Merci beaucoup!

De rien :biggrin: (if that's right aha) :P
Original post by Arusa01
De rien :biggrin: (if that's right aha) :P

'c'est rien' perhaps? Ohhh, why did I not take French A-level :frown:((((
Reply 1274
Original post by Chaofan88
'c'est rien' perhaps? Ohhh, why did I not take French A-level :frown:((((

HA I suck at French :frown:
Original post by Arusa01
HA I suck at French :frown:

Bu-buttt, French films are the best! You're missing out....But all that matters is that you don't suck at chemistry and have totally aced this module :wink:

Ohhh and you just used up all my pos rep, biatchh
Reply 1276
Original post by EffKayy
What 'additional' info did you guys say (2)
Why its mixed with petrol? (1)
Why the reaction is better than combustion of methane itself? (1)

I can't remember what additional info I put lol. It was probably something retarded like it doesn't provide as much energy as methane upon combustion or something.

I wrote ammonia was mixed with petrol because it is hard to ignite by itself, so ignition is made easier by adding petrol.

The reaction is better than methane because it doesn't leave any soot in the engine and does not release any greenhouse gases (CO2).
Original post by xtron
I can't remember what additional info I put lol. It was probably something retarded like it doesn't provide as much energy as methane upon combustion or something.

I wrote ammonia was mixed with petrol because it is hard to ignite by itself, so ignition is made easier by adding petrol.

The reaction is better than methane because it doesn't leave any soot in the engine and does not release any greenhouse gases (CO2).

I think I mentioned about the green house gas thing, but i said steam is a renewable ..? Seen it in a previous markscheme..hope its correct? :s-smilie:
Original post by existinggirl
I wrote the same thing, except I said it could prevent children from wanting to drink it. It doesn't seem like a stupid answer to me but who knows...

heyy...actually the advantage of the smell is we can find out if the fuel leaks...so any fuel leaks when we r usin ammonia then we can find it out with the pungent smell...i guesses so!! :smile::smile:
lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending