AS OCR chemistry B (SALTERS) F331 on the 15th may 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
So the bond angle was 90, not 109?
Reply 181
Chemical Ideas: page 46.

SF6 is octahedral and 90 degrees.
Reply 182
I'll try and do a markscheme now - can people help me remember what the questions were please?
My teacher just posted on em-mail The answer was

1. Octedhedral
2. 107 degrees 104-110
3.Repel
4.As far apart

there confirmed, I dont know why the f**k they put a 6 bond angle shape on when theyve never done it before.

Grade boudries better be low I wanted 100% UMS ffs so pissed off.
Original post by Reina
Chemical Ideas: page 46.

SF6 is octahedral and 90 degrees.

But it said bond angle for F-S-F, which is what was confusing :/
Reply 185
What did people say for atomic emission spectrum question???

I said electrons go from higher energy levels (where they are promoted) to lower energy levels that produces the discrete lines on the spectrum. The energy levels are quantised therefore E=hv. ???
Reply 186
Original post by hermi1
what's the lowest and highest the f331 grade boundaries have ever been?

lowet 41 highest 50 (to get an A)
How is it 107??????!!!!! Its a octehedral?!!! wtf
Reply 188
Original post by Richyp22

1. Octedhedral
2. 107 degrees 104-110
3.Repel
4.As far apart

there confirmed, I dont know why the f**k they put a 6 bond angle shape on when theyve never done it before.

Your teacher is wrong. It's 90 degrees. And if not that, then it's 180 degrees and it's linear. There are no 107 degrees in an octahedral shape.
Reply 189
Very easy exam, maybe just a but confusing with some of the wording but nothing too difficult. However it was my third time doing it :tongue:

Shape was 90 degrees, no way in hell it was 180 or 109/105. Look in any revision guide or chemical ideas.
Original post by Richyp22

1. Octedhedral
2. 107 degrees 104-110
3.Repel
4.As far apart

wow i think i love your teacher!!
thank you
Reply 191
Original post by AGrumpyMole
But it said bond angle for F-S-F, which is what was confusing :/

Could mean an F molecule to the right of the S, and another above it, hence 90 degrees ;D
I reckon the grade boundaries are gonna be low that exam was so ****ing hard... im gonna stop worrying about it now before i lose it..
Original post by :)ella
I'll try and do a markscheme now - can people help me remember what the questions were please?

first questions were on gamma rays and isotopes
and then it was about the functional groups
there was a empirical formula question
uhhhum the one on entropy and the bonding
catalysts
the atomic emission spectra
hess cycles
more on isotopes calculations
i can't remember it all but hope this helps :smile:
Original post by George_
The catalyst question was B - A - D - C...

It was BDAC surely, A showed the product half desorbed from the catalyst, D showed it had only just been formed..
Reply 195
To settle this, look at this picture:

http://www.askthetachemistryhelp.com/image-files/octahedral3d.gif

Where is there not 90 degrees (or 180 for linear parts of it)? There is definitely NOT 109 degrees.
Original post by George_
Your teacher is wrong. It's 90 degrees. And if not that, then it's 180 degrees and it's linear. There are no 107 degrees in an octahedral shape.

Dont flame at me, He took the paper and confirmed it with the rest of the teacher, He said it was a awfully worded question but its 107 degrees. Due to the lone pairs. Which it doesnt specify in the revision guides
Reply 197
Original post by George_

I wrote that it is linear! That question was so annoying!:confused:
Reply 198
Was the last question/calculation on relative atomic abundance?
Reply 199
Original post by twizzzzzzter
It was BDAC surely, A showed the product half desorbed from the catalyst, D showed it had only just been formed..

A showed the product half adsorbed, and the top right of the ethene molecule still had 3 hydrogens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending