The Student Room Group

AQA MFP1 June 2012 (Exam Discussion)

So the exam is over guys... how did you find it (obv. can't discuss too much but general consensus???)
Reply 1
I managed to complete the entire paper confidently with 40 minutes to spare - except the matrices question referring to '2012' which took me a while to figure out so I'm not sure if I even got the correct answer in the end.

Was quite a nice paper IMO :smile:
Reply 2
Personally i thought the paper was a good one, but i dont think ive done too well at all! Ran out of time completely, made some daft mistakes and couldnt finish the eight marker at the end! I think ill need the Decision two paper to pull my grade back up!
Thought it was a nice paper, apart from the 2012 matrices one I left that... And I know I got one of the points on the 8 marker wrong and didn't have time to correct it... Well I got one y coordinate wrong for definite. What did everyone else get for the last question??
Reply 4
For the last question I think I got the P values (using b^2 -4ac) as P= -7 and P= -1
Putting P back into the quadratic 9x^2 -(8P-40)x + (4p^2+60):

When P= -7 9x^2 + 96x +256=0
Therefore x= -16/3 and y= -4/3

When P= -1 9x^2 +48x +64=0
Therefore x = -8/3 and y = 4/3

I think that's what I put anyway :smile:
Reply 5
Very nice paper IMO. Glad there wasn't a question of linear laws.
Phew that's what I got bar the second y coordinate which I know was wrong haha, just a silly numerical error...:/
Reply 7
I got the wrong answer at the end I subbed in what I should have got for P (-7 and -1) in for x and not P, grrr. How many marks do you think I'll lose?
Reply 8
Anyone got the paper? I'll do a mark scheme if you can post it.
Reply 9
Didnt think it was too bad either but i made a few careless errors and ran out of time :frown: i think the grade boundaries will be standard tbh :/ hopefully A/B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending