The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 2 Higher 21st May Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kkkkkatie
i think you had to say that bile from the small intestine emulsifies the lipids on the outside or something like that

I wrote something like that aswell, didn't seem right at the time though :confused:
Reply 61
did anyone else find the bean plant question hard?! the graph was so confusing!!!!!!

Yeah I did!! So much so that i spent soo much time on it, didn't get the correct answers and rushed the last question and getting that wrong aswell !! :\
Reply 62
What are two other enzymes produced by the pancreas? anyone know the answers
I wrote something about the ph level needs to be right for it to digest the lipase I didn't know what I was chatting about :confused:
oh dear, i said that lipases can only be found in the small intestine, meaning that the capsule will only get digested when it is in the small intestine :tongue: (since the outer layer is made from lipid etc..), damn i messed up on this exam :frown:
Original post by sebo99

Protease
Amylase
Insulin
I think
Original post by sebo99

protease and amylase
Reply 67
Original post by Ketchup!
Oh no I think you're absolutely right - I completely forget about that! :frown:

yeah same i remembered as i walked out so annoying i didn't have enough time :angry:
Reply 68
the enzymes were protease and amylase

the graph things was 11 and 30 something (you had to add the below bit ..)

A abd B were Hh Hh
cat d was HH Hh
you dont which one cuase of chance, dominant allele, so you only need one

for the bean platn
its an plant cell - has chloroplast, and vacuole
is an animal cell - doesnt have cell wall
Reply 69
Original post by Zahirajavaid
Protease
Amylase
Insulin
I think

I'm not sure it was amylase but definately was protease and insulin was in question, it asks for two others
Original post by sebo99
I'm not sure it was amylase but definately was protease and insulin was in question, it asks for two others

Oh that's good cuz I think I wrote protease and insulin
Reply 71
could you've said carbohydrase and insulin for the enzymes made in the pancreas question?
For the plant thing I wrote it can be an animal cell cuz it had that tail thing
I knew I should of wrote it didn't have a cell wall
Reply 73
the paper was alright, Q7 i flopped as a whole, i didn't have enough time so i completey skipped that question! it was a bit long, harder than mocks arghhhh, were the enzymes dry? that's why the lipase didn't digest the lipid?
Reply 74
Just checked,the answer was protease and carbohydrase
Reply 75
could you've said carbohydrase and insulin for the enzymes made in the pancreas question?

Insulin isn't an enzyme, so no, and yes Protease or Amylase or Carbohydrase are all correct :smile:
Reply 76
For the carbon cycle one I wrote that the plants use the carbon to make amino acids which are then built up into proteins, and also that they use the carbon to react with the air to produce carbon dioxide which is used for photosynthesis :/ Wrong??
Reply 77
Original post by maxtate
For the carbon cycle one I wrote that the plants use the carbon to make amino acids which are then built up into proteins, and also that they use the carbon to react with the air to produce carbon dioxide which is used for photosynthesis :/ Wrong??

i don't think it's wrong, but i wrote about detritus feeders, then they respire and stuff?
Reply 78
Or amylase protease lipase

Their all produced in the pancreas and small intestine build

Hating getting home and checking an answer to find that its wrong

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 79
Original post by goggly
i don't think it's wrong, but i wrote about detritus feeders, then they respire and stuff?

I was gonna write that, but then I remembered in a past paper they asked what carbon compounds are in plants and the answers were like amino acids/carbs/glucose, stuff like that so I wrote bout that :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending