The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by wenger16
What do guys think 100 ums will be?

btw can someone advise me how to prepare for bio 5 essays? shall i actually prctice essays or ust memorise everything in bio and then see what question is

I'd hazard a guess around low 60s or 60ish (out of 75)
Reply 781
Original post by NightBear
Time was the main issue for me. -.-
The invigilator went "10 mins" and i thought "holy moly, havent even started the last 15 mark question!"

Invigilator said pens down.
*Carried on writing
Pens down
*Still writing
I said put your ****ing pens down
*Carries on writing and stopped just before he snatched it out my hand
Reply 782
Does anyone know how I could figure out what i need in unit5 to get the grade I need?
Reply 783
Original post by Alfie1993
Does anyone know how I could figure out what i need in unit5 to get the grade I need?

What are your previous UMS scores and what grade do you need?
Reply 784
what did u guys put for why the rate of photosynthesis is similar in tube A and B
one contained H ions and Atp
while the other grana
could you say atp and h ions were produced in grana for light independant reeaction?
Reply 785
Okay a few things i'd like to clear up

Question 6b) why did the liquid move down? - i put o2 taken in but not exchanged in air for co2 because ts absorbed by potassium hyroxide, so the liquid is drawn in as o2 is taken in.

d) what would happen to liquid if anaerobic? - i put stays the same because no 02 taken in but co2 still released but its absorbed so doesn't push the liquid down.
Original post by Alex J
I'd hazard a guess around low 60s or 60ish (out of 75)

That high? Even on the Jan 2012 paper you needed 58/75 for 100 UMS; I'd like to think it's lower for this paper.
Reply 787
Original post by excell
If I thought q^2 was 0.51 how many marks will I pick up?

1?

If you put the relative formulae down that would pick you a mark
Reply 788
Original post by genia
what did u guys put for why the rate of photosynthesis is similar in tube A and B
one contained H ions and Atp
while the other grana
could you say atp and h ions were produced in grana for light independant reeaction?

Yes that's what I put. Well ATP and NADPH is produced.
Reply 789
Hey guys i found the very last question quite hard does anyone know why pests may become genetically resistant to pesticides? Basically does anyone know the answer to q8 c?
Thanks in advance
Reply 790
Original post by ezeffy
I prepared sooooo much for this exam.....
its basically as if I wasted money for nothing!!!!

why did you pay for your exams?? and same the amount of revision I did for this! and you just know biol5 is going to suck big time
Reply 791
Original post by NightBear
That high? Even on the Jan 2012 paper you needed 58/75 for 100 UMS; I'd like to think it's lower for this paper.

I don't know, you may be right, you can only really guesstimate what its going to be, the simple fact is we don't know. only time will tell..
Reply 792
Grade boundaries for A/B anyone?
Original post by Nv100
Hey guys i found the very last question quite hard does anyone know why pests may become genetically resistant to pesticides? Basically does anyone know the answer to q8 c?
Thanks in advance

mutation occurs
some pests resistant to pesticide
these pests survive and more likely to reproduce
pass on their advantageous alleles
frequency of this 'advantageous allele' increases in the population
Reply 794
42% was the answer for the hardy weinberg. They asked for heterozygotes only
Reply 795
Original post by . .
What are your previous UMS scores and what grade do you need?

Unit 1: 74. Which is a B
Unit 2: 103 which is a B
3T: 54 Which is an A

From january I have 68 in unit 4 which is a C i repeated it today but I don't think I did better. I'm not sure what this years coursework mark was but it was definitely an A.

I need a B overall?
Original post by Alfie1993
Unit 1: 74. Which is a B
Unit 2: 103 which is a B
3T: 54 Which is an A

From january I have 68 in unit 4 which is a C i repeated it today but I don't think I did better. I'm not sure what this years coursework mark was but it was definitely an A.

I need a B overall?

Sorry for butting into your conversation, but, chill :smile: you need like 73/140 for Unit 5 to get a B overall :tongue: That's like just over 52%!
Guys what did you put down for the 3 marker -depth and temperature evaluation for the fishes?
Starting to think that anyone who worte 41% (including me) will not get the mark. The answer is definitely looking like its 42% and i dont think they will have a range of answers they will accept because the answer was dead on 42%, stupid marks that ive threw away for not reading the question properly...again
Reply 799
Original post by sachinisgod
Guys what did you put down for the 3 marker -depth and temperature evaluation for the fishes?

It is implied from the combination of the graph and table that as temperature changes there is a change in the species of fish that are present, and it could be explained by the fish each being adapted for different temperatures. However there is no evidence to say that there is any such causal link between the temperature of the water and the species of fish. Could be down to another factor such as O2 concentration in the water.

Latest

Trending

Trending