The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by rizzy j
u5 notes

t h a n k y o u !!!
Original post by Rizzy J
U5 notes

Thnx soooo much. Ur unit 4 notes wer rly good.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Shalo1
Think I may write a letter of complaint to aqa with regards to that biofuel question. Completely irrevlivent to the spec or the topic of the unit. What a load of my sh*t. <- I shan't be saying that tho :')

But seriously.. I might aswell not bother revising anymore coz for all I know some random topic that isn't on the spec will probably come up. Any guesses anyone? An essay on "the meaning of life" perhaps? Or how about "Describe and Exaplain how a house is built. Include diagrams."

Do it! We all feel the same.
Original post by Shalo1
Yeah I just emailed them then, simply asking why they had put questions on a topic that wasn't on the syllabus (too scared to be cocky :') )

How many marks do people think they lost purely coz of time?
I was still writing as they were collecting the papers in. Invigorlator was not amused. Well neither was I tbh, I left out about 13 marks.

What is the email? I'm going to do the same :smile:
Is ther a thread for bio aqa unit 5, if so can u plz send the link. I cnt find it anywhere.

Reply 1185
Original post by Rizzy J
U5 notes

Thanks so much! Your a star!
For the hardy weinberg question was 40.8% the correct answer? If so would this need to be given as 41% or would 40.8 be accepted?
Original post by Ben-Woodcock
For the hardy weinberg question was 40.8% the correct answer? If so would this need to be given as 41% or would 40.8 be accepted?

No, it was 42%. You've done the same thing as me I presume (since i got 0.408). q^2 = 0.49 and you could work the rest out from there.
Reply 1188
After today and reading this entire thread i am so upset that there is no way of me gaining the A I need for my firm, or even the B for my insurance. I have already resat year 12 which makes the whole experience more bitter.
I know the content inside out, back to front but BIOFUELS? seriously? I have missed out on 3k fees and a place at university or that?
I can only hope the grade boundaries are low, I got an E in this paper in JAnuary after having thought i'd done really well. Not gonna lie I was expecting full ums.

Now the only thing left to do is plow on with unit 5.

I am so sad :frown:
Reply 1189
Original post by Acrylic
After today and reading this entire thread i am so upset that there is no way of me gaining the A I need for my firm, or even the B for my insurance. I have already resat year 12 which makes the whole experience more bitter.
I know the content inside out, back to front but BIOFUELS? seriously? I have missed out on 3k fees and a place at university or that?
I can only hope the grade boundaries are low, I got an E in this paper in JAnuary after having thought i'd done really well. Not gonna lie I was expecting full ums.

Now the only thing left to do is plow on with unit 5.

I am so sad :frown:

I know how you feel.......
the more I try in Biology the worse I do....
but dnt loose out on hope... you never know.....
keep working hard and you may pleasantly surprise yourself...
:smile:
Reply 1190
Think we should all send them an email complaining about the exam.
[email protected]
Reply 1191
The worst bit about Jan was I only had 2 exams, geo that i did no work for as it was a skills paper and biol4. I spent the whole time revising biol4 and got an E, but got an A in geo. I wish it would have been the other way around!
Reply 1192
Think we should all send them an email complaining about the exam. :frown:
Reply 1193
Original post by smart girl
Is ther a thread for bio aqa unit 5, if so can u plz send the link. I cnt find it anywhere.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907313
well, wasn't that exam lovely.
I'm expecting nothing less than 100 UMS.

one heck of a female dog it was! :mad:
Original post by chimocho
Just come out of the exam. That. Was. Beautiful. High grade boundaries I think. Maybe 62 for an A?

What was it about that you liked so much? I personally hated it, because the hsw questions were reli difficult.
Original post by daisyblah
I HATE AQA. so much. i feel like writing to the examiners and complaining. the exam does not let me show THAT I ACTUALLY KNOW THE BIOLOGY AND HAVE BEEN REVISING IT ALL YEAR. all the questions were just analysing bloody graphs and coming to random conclusions. it's not fair because no matter how hard i revise, people who have revised a fraction of what i have seem to do better, because they have the ability to 'wing it' because it is that kind of exam. i love OCR. rant over.

Couldn't have put it better.
I'm going to email them now. If everyone does then something might happen.
Reply 1198
And for the Hardy Weinberg one, I am almost certain the answer is 42%

I tried doing it in another way where you say 0.51 = p^2 + 2pq, then sub in p+q=1
so 0.51 = p^2 + 2p(1-p)
then solve it as a quadratic equation and you get p = 0.3, so q = 0.7, so 2pq = 0.42 :smile:
Just emailed AQA - kill me now :')

Latest

Trending

Trending