The Student Room Group

1950s!

Hiya,

I'm wearing a fifties outfit for a Jubilee party on Wednesday (everyone has to dress in a different decade) but I have no idea what to do with my hair!

I have fairly long hair that can't decide if it is wavy or straight. The 'do either has to be really quick to put up, or must last through a day at work (I go straight from work to Brownies). It can't be too delicate as it is a party for my Brownies so I won't be able to keep checking it or keep it really neat, and I may have to walk half a mile or so depending on who gives me a lift as I don't drive.

The fashion I will be wearing looks something like this.

I'm not particularly good at doing my hair - most days it is either loose, a rough pony/bun or a simple plait so it can't be really complex and difficult either as I simply will not have time.

Any help would be gratefully received!

IQ x
Probably best to go for an updo, with one of those big rolled fringes.
There are loads of tutorials on youtube.

If you did the fringe then you could just put the rest in a bun and tie and bow around it, which wouldn't be too difficult.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hMP4uc2_vHU/TjWVhP2qAJI/AAAAAAAACWg/0WWmRcgB3Do/s1600/image-731451.jpeg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4lsa25ogb1qg8k1mo1_400.jpg
Reply 2
You could just do a sort of '50s style ponytail' if you want something dead easy (and like you said, will survive all day without having to constantly redo it).

Something similar to that; just a high ponytail (maybe tied with a ribbon), curled at the ends, with a bit of 'volume' or whatever on top.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you both :smile: I think I'll have to go with the pony idea!
It looks like my "prom" dress! Although my hair ended up nothing like the 1950's style I was going for. :lol: Kinda surplus to requirements now since my idea's already been suggested, but I'm going to agree and say a high ponytail, rolled fringe, should stay all day since it won't be too heavy. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest