The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Scienceisgood
Yep, random thought of mine again (happens a lot on my days off). 😂

If you could be born in any decade, what would it be and why?

If before the 1950s, maybe the 1500s, explain why because I’m interested. 😐

Being a Baby Boomer would be great, you'd get to enjoy the 20th and 21st century, whilst not worrying that much about climate change.
It would have to be the 60s for the clothes
lovely dresses
(edited 2 years ago)
Can see someone chose before the 50s, curious why? Maybe they were thinking about Ancient Greece/Rome? 🤔
2000's, wouldn't change because Gen Z is great.
Either be BORN in the 70s so I could be a teen in the 80s

Or be born IN the 80s so I could be a teen in the 90s yo
I think I might pick be born IN the 70s so I could experience the 80s fully. I have a great idea and memory of the 90s already. I know **** all about thee legendary 80s.
Only if I had to - born as far out in the future as possible

maybe in 10,000 years we will have genuine robots that function far beyond human capability.
Before 1950.
I'd like to have seen the ancient babylonian empire, ancient egypt's amarna revolution and the rise of the ramesses dynasty. :cool:
Along with the the apostolic age and era of the cappadocian fathers.
(early) 1990s. i was born in the early 2000s and from what i remember, the 2000s was quite fun but i just wish i was a bit older in the 2000s so that i'd remember it better and be able to get the "full experience"
(edited 2 years ago)
The 80's, oh wait.

I would go to the 7th century arabia to meet the beloved prophet muhammad peace be upon him
1990s like i already was.
Got enough technology to have fun but not so much that it takes away imagination and becomes something everyone is glued to growing up.
Anyone else? 🙂
1920s. Those fancy balls and amazing clothes and the music and the hairstyles 😋
Can I be a different person? Some of us can't go too far back *ahem*
If discrimination wasn't a thing, 1800s - early 1900s.
I don't care if I would've died early

The 1980's or 1990's, I think more people are suffering from poor mental health due to social media and increased pressure. Back then in the 90's, everything seemed happier.
80's

I want to be a teen listening to the rise of RnB in the UK, my early 20's listening to the rise of Garage then Grime, the beginning of modern anti-establishment in Birmingham via the art scene... WOW what an amazing cultural experience if you are at the right place in the right time. I'd love to see Aaliyah at concert too
Original post by wiiparty
(early) 1990s. i was born in the early 2000s and from what i remember, the 2000s was quite fun but i just wish i was a bit older in the 2000s so that i'd remember it better and be able to get the "full experience"

As someone born in that time frame, can tell you you didn't miss much... although I will admit it was easier to make friends without the constant need for the latest tech. =l

EDIT:
Unless you include the latest Gameboy Advance. I remember when I was at school, a mate of mine had his stolen and he didn't know by who, he left the school the day after... honestly wish I'd kept in contact with him!
(edited 2 years ago)
The first few seconds after the big bang :tongue:

Latest