The Student Room Group

Dentistry at UEM, Valencia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Uem offers the first three years in English and the last two in spanish.
UEH offfers theirs
all in english
Reply 181
Original post by Harijit
Uem offers the first three years in English and the last two in spanish.
UEH offfers theirs
all in english

Thanks. Can you please confirm that you are referring to Medicine and not dentistry. What is the full name of UEH?
Reply 182
Original post by bukoba
Thanks. Can you please confirm that you are referring to Medicine and not dentistry. What is the full name of UEH?

I think @harijit is talking about dentistry not medicine. Because I'm currently at uem Madrid doing dentistry therefore it's true that the first 3 yrs are in English and the last 2 in Spanish.

UEM do medicine but it's an intergrated change so they do it in Spanish but have some lessons in English as well.

The other Spanish uni do dentistry all in English but medicine is first 2 yrs in English and the last 4yrs in spainish.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi! I recently applied to the university and about a week ago got an email that stated I would be receiving a 'Provisional offer' in the 'near future'. Does anyone have clarification over what this may mean? and how the process works from here? Any help appreciated. I am currently in my A2 year and looking to start in september 2014

Thank you
Reply 184
Hey your name says future medic? Do you mean you have applied to medicine or dentistry or at uem Madrid or Valencia. I'm studying dentistry in Valencia, send me a message as I'll answer any questions you have. Jonny
Original post by Jp46023
Hey your name says future medic? Do you mean you have applied to medicine or dentistry or at uem Madrid or Valencia. I'm studying dentistry in Valencia, send me a message as I'll answer any questions you have. Jonny

I made this account a long time ago and since changed from medicine to wanting to study dentistry after i did work experience at a dental practice.
I've sent u a private message.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 186
i am 18 years old and im in my gap year retaking a few exams in 2014 summer. i got ccc in bio, chem and maths therefore i am resitting them and will most likely get 3 A in the summer.i would love to be a dentist and thinking about applying at valencia university next year. can sum1 tell me how do i apply to the university and when do i have to apply by. thanks
Original post by bilala2
i am 18 years old and im in my gap year retaking a few exams in 2014 summer. i got ccc in bio, chem and maths therefore i am resitting them and will most likely get 3 A in the summer.i would love to be a dentist and thinking about applying at valencia university next year. can sum1 tell me how do i apply to the university and when do i have to apply by. thanks

Hi mate, you can apply directly to the university in which case you'd have to call them up or send them an email to collect all the important information.

Personally, I applied through an agent who sorts out all the legal and communication stuff. As far as the deadline goes, I think they're flexible and you have until August to get in however if I was you I'd get in as soon as possible as spaces will be filling up.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
thanks for replying. if you dont mind me asking could u please tell me what agency you applied through. thanks:smile:
Original post by bilala2
thanks for replying. if you dont mind me asking could u please tell me what agency you applied through. thanks:smile:

There's a few around, so make sure you get a sense of all the services before u choose the one u want.
I applied through GDC-Spain :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
also, i was just wondering if there is any financial help u can get in uem such as loans etc. thanks:smile:
Reply 191
Hi,
Im from Sweden and I'm willing to study dentistry in UEM. I was wondering about the grades. It's a bit different in Sweden than it is in the UK. Can anyone please explain to me what grades are required there?
I was also wondering if you guys can tell me about the differences between the campus in Madrid and the one in Valencia? which one is better?

Reply 192
Original post by Harijit
You only need bbb in spain. Please apply directly to the uni do not use an agent called Rohit patel he will ask you pay him in advance for a carepackage worth about £6000 you will not need it because you can sort everything through the uni and here.
good luck

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me asking what is the bbb? I'm from Sweden and I ain't getting enough information from here so that's why I joined this group. I hope you explain to me.

Original post by 1127
Hi,
I hope you don't mind me asking what is the bbb? I'm from Sweden and I ain't getting enough information from here so that's why I joined this group. I hope you explain to me.

BBB is the A-level grades you need to apply for the university. 3 B grades in 3 subjects.

Your best source of information would be if you contact the university directly, as information on here can sometimes be inaccurate or the information may have updated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by FutureMedic1009
BBB is the A-level grades you need to apply for the university. 3 B grades in 3 subjects.

Your best source of information would be if you contact the university directly, as information on here can sometimes be inaccurate or the information may have updated :smile:

Thanks a lot for answering me.
I've actually called them and they told me there isn't any specific grades that I should have, that's why I'm a bit confused!
I read in here that they require bbb in three subjects while they only said that they need a high school degree and a copy of the passport!

May I ask if you can please send me the link for the uni just to double check if I'd connected the right people.
Thank you :smile:
[QUOTE="1127;45550829"]
Original post by FutureMedic1009

Thanks a lot for answering me.
I've actually called them and they told me there isn't any specific grades that I should have, that's why I'm a bit confused!
I read in here that they require bbb in three subjects while they only said that they need a high school degree and a copy of the passport!

May I ask if you can please send me the link for the uni just to double check if I'd connected the right people.
Thank you :smile:

Lol I don't think that's accurate at all, otherwise anyone could just walk into the course.

Here is a link to the website : http://valencia.universidadeuropea.es
That is the Valencia campus, research the madrid campus separately.
Reply 196
HI Johnny....I am currently studying first year dentistry in Czech Republic but would like to transfer to Valencia as you get absolutely no support from lecturers at Czech Unis and they treat UK students like garbage. All they want is our money cos their students don't pay a penny, It's free for Czech students.They say their course is in English but the lecturers speak very poor English. Any help and procedure on applying as well as the name of the main contact person would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by denta21
HI Johnny....I am currently studying first year dentistry in Czech Republic but would like to transfer to Valencia as you get absolutely no support from lecturers at Czech Unis and they treat UK students like garbage. All they want is our money cos their students don't pay a penny, It's free for Czech students.They say their course is in English but the lecturers speak very poor English. Any help and procedure on applying as well as the name of the main contact person would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi mate, you can apply anytime but it's best to apply as soon as possible as spaces will start to fill up. I think most people went through GDC-Spain through an agent called 'Rohit Patel'. GDC Spain have a website and you should find all further contact information on their website.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Hi
sorry your not getting any support but please apply to uem directly and not through rohit patel as he will want the carepackage worth 6000 pounds up front. The uni charge 1500 pounds for their care package yearly if you want it.normally you find you do not need it after you have settled down.
ring the uem and ask for details .the email address is [email protected]
her name is Londas.
good luck
If you applied through GDC, offers should be going out first week of January as I've been told. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending