The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Ahh, so nervous for Chemistry exam on Friday! Plus Chemistry is one of my weaker sciences, so have to study twice as hard :frown:

What topics do you think are going to come up? And how are you revising for it?

Good Luck to all doing the Exam! :smile: xx
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Indeed same...I am also very nervous....do you know the things we need to revise?
Reply 2
Original post by the-hindu
Indeed same...I am also very nervous....do you know the things we need to revise?

basically 1a and 1b, not sure what topics are likely to come up though, need to go through past papers to find out...only have 3 days to revise as well :frown:
Original post by Allison.
Ahh, so nervous for Chemistry exam on Friday! Plus Chemistry is one of my weaker sciences, so have to study twice as hard :frown:

What topics do you think are going to come up? And how are you revising for it?

Good Luck to all doing the Exam! :smile: xx

Thanks, I feel chemistry gonna be much better than the biology exam we did today. Normally, I do better in chemistry than in biology. :tongue:

Good luck to you to :wink:
basically 1a and 1b, not sure what topics are likely to come up though, need to go through past papers to find out...only have 3 days to revise as well :frown:

I'm probably most certainly sure that EMULSIFIERS are definitely gonna come up because they didn't turn up in the Jan 2012 paper and they are new to the spec,especially the hydrophilic and hydrophobic parts.
Reply 5
Original post by Crystallouise99
Thanks, I feel chemistry gonna be much better than the biology exam we did today. Normally, I do better in chemistry than in biology. :tongue:

Good luck to you to :wink:

thanks :smile: found bio okay, what did u get for gm question with the zebra fish?
Reply 6
Thanks everyone, I'll go through my book and post up some of the topics we need to revise. I wish you all luck.
Reply 7
I'm probably most certainly sure that EMULSIFIERS are definitely gonna come up because they didn't turn up in the Jan 2012 paper and they are new to the spec,especially the hydrophilic and hydrophobic parts.

what about polymers and stuff? and continental drift theory, and quarrying? any ideas?
Reply 8
Tbh today I sat the Biology exam and I found it quite hard as did most people in my school and I did Higher. What did you lot think of the questions like did you think they were asked correctly or were they misleading etc?
thanks :smile: found bio okay, what did u get for gm question with the zebra fish?

I put that the gene with deisred characteristics are cut using an enzyme from the chromosome of the jellyfish and placed in the chromosome of the zebra fish.

What did you get for the Drug question ? the last part ?
Tbh today I sat the Biology exam and I found it quite hard as did most people in my school and I did Higher. What did you lot think of the questions like did you think they were asked correctly or were they misleading etc?

the questions were not really phrased well :s-smilie:
Reply 11
what about polymers and stuff? and continental drift theory, and quarrying? any ideas?

Polymers and monomers are prospective to come up in the test, seeing as we extensively prepared for them (at least in my class) and they had not shown up on the January 2012 paper.
Continental drift, and its related extensions such as Alfred Wegner, could possibly show up on the test, but I believe it's unlikely seeing as it appeared in the January 2012 paper.
Quarrying is likely to appear on the test seeing the amount of revision we have done for it in class and more so the January 2012 paper does not have it, with Quarrying being relatively exhaustively studied in my class.
Reply 12
I put that the gene with deisred characteristics are cut using an enzyme from the chromosome of the jellyfish and placed in the chromosome of the zebra fish.

What did you get for the Drug question ? the last part ?

i got kinda confused for that one, so i said that drug X should be used, because it reduced the pain much quicker than either drug A or drug B. i think that may be wrong though. what did u get for how much pain they still felt after using Drug A? i got 75%.
Reply 13
I see yes the questions were phrased wrong but back on the topic of Chemistry what sources are you lot revising from?
(edited 11 years ago)
i got kinda confused for that one, so i said that drug X should be used, because it reduced the pain much quicker than either drug A or drug B. i think that may be wrong though. what did u get for how much pain they still felt after using Drug A? i got 75%.

yh that's the right answer, but many people put 25% and then they realised that they were wrong .:smile:
Reply 15
I see yes the questions were phrased wrong but back on the topic of Chemistry what sources are you lot revising from?

CGP aqa revision guide and past papers. but our teacher said the revision guide wasn't enough to get us A's and A*'s, so kinda worried :s-smilie:

jUSt my revision guide, specimen papers, specification and this website called my gcse sciences. It's quite good it has many informative videos.

http://my-gcsescience.com/Core_Science_HIU3.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Looking forward to this exam, predicted an A* but that is unlikely lo

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
jUSt my revision guide, specimen papers, specification and this website called my gcse sciences. It's quite good it has many informative videos.

oh yeah, i looked at those vids on youtube, forgot about that. so how much have you been revising? ive literally just started coz i had bio today, so was revising for that.
Reply 19
I done it in January early and I got an A It was ok the six mark question was about ethanol in brazil and it's effect ( environmental social economical along with a conclusion.. There was also a question I didn't understand which was about making oil by evaporating.. The rest is easy 1 2 and 3 mark questions.. Hope this helps:biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending