The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saraxo
it was carbon dioxide and water vapour

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You will get the mark for carbon dioxide and water I hope,which is what I put.
Reply 581
Original post by krishna123
oh okay:smile:
the last question was argon and oxygen because they have similar boiling points and a further fractionating column is required to separate them. There was a question before that which I think the answer to was helium and neon

omg so what was the answer to the question on the last page where it said
................... and .................

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Saraxo
omg so what was the answer to the question on the last page where it said ................... and .................

I think your referring to the helium and neon question.
Reply 583
Original post by Dalek1099

omgg i wrote argon and oxygen on that one :frown:
and i didnt answer the next one all i wrote was they have similar boiling points because i didnt know which two gases they were

ive failed horriblyyy:frown:
only got like 30 marks then:frown:

Reply 584

please post a unofficial mark scheme, you seem to know all the answers!

Original post by Saraxo
please post a unofficial mark scheme, you seem to know all the answers!

I don't know all of the questions though and what about the Rayleigh question?
Reply 586
I don't know all of the questions though and what about the Rayleigh question?

no idea, didnt even bother answering that.

does anyone actually know the answer to the graph question, like confirmed by a teacher or something?
does anyone actually know the answer to the graph question, like confirmed by a teacher or something?

Can anyone remember both graph questions?-I know the impure ore thing was 450kg(I think it asked for impurities) and there was another one,just before.
(edited 11 years ago)
Can anyone remember both graph questions?-I know the impure ore thing was 450kg(I think it asked for impurities) and there was another one,just before.

240kg and i got 450kg for the 2nd one
240kg and i got 450kg for the 2nd one

I can't remember the question of the 1st one-it was definitely the opposite of what went in.
I can't remember the question of the 1st one-it was definitely the opposite of what went in.

idk mate
Reply 592
Original post by Louisk1997
What are the advantages to using polyethene plastic bags. I could think of loads of disadvantages but only one advantage, that it is a quick process. Don't know whether I've got an A*or not 😢😢

I couldn't think of advantages either!
I wrote that they can be reused so they're practical products and they are quick and easy to make. I think I also wrote that they're attractive - hahaha :colondollar: don't know what I was thinking!
WTH is the Rayleigh question, I had no questoin on that?
Original post by SportsFan
WTH is the Rayleigh question, I had no questoin on that?

Noone has an answer on that question yet-I still haven't fully understand what the answer is meant to be after researching and it certainly wasn't on the syllabus-I'm sick of AQA expecting people to answer things they haven't learnt.
what is the question?

Noone has an answer on that question yet-I still haven't fully understand what the answer is meant to be after researching and it certainly wasn't on the syllabus-I'm sick of AQA expecting people to answer things they haven't learnt.
Original post by SportsFan
what is the question?

The Rayleigh question.It was why is nitrogen extracted,by fractional distillation denser than nitrogen,produced by chemical reactions to form nitrogen and it had a data table as well,that you were meant to use data from.
I have no idea :s-smilie:
would i get a mark for the miller urey one for putting these gases consist of elements that make up amino acids?
for the limestone kiln one do think I would get 2 marks by putting
1. Thermal Decomposition of calcium carbonate in the kiln produces calcium oxide and c02
2. There are small traces of c02 in the air?

but didn't it say something like thermal decomposition doesn't take place in the kiln, in the question??? I dunno:s-smilie:

I put that methane and oxygen react to form carbon dioxide and water and that carbon dioxide is given off. Did anyone else get that.

For the fermentation question, I put bubbles could be seen because CO2 was produced.

For this question...................... and ..................... two gases
I put oxygen and argon
for the very last question I put helium and neon.
Can someone give me feedback on my answers please.
Original post by Crystallouise99
but didn't it say something like thermal decomposition doesn't take place in the kiln, in the question??? I dunno:s-smilie:

I put that methane and oxygen react to form carbon dioxide and water and that carbon dioxide is given off. Did anyone else get that.

For the fermentation question, I put bubbles could be seen because CO2 was produced.

I put oxygen and argon

I think its Helium and Neon for the 1st one and Argon and Oxygen for the last one-lucks likes you have been unlucky.
Reply 599
Original post by Crystallouise99

I put oxygen and argon

i wrote oxygen and argon too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending