The Student Room Group

AQA Statistics GCSE exam June 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Cool bro, hope it was ok :s-smilie:
I also screwed up the second part to the tomatoes one and did the 'to 3 S.D thing' and not to 2 S.D but i put the to 2 S.D in my marking so i may get some marks at least!

I did 3S.D too I swear that was right???? Read through the thread we were talking about it:biggrin:
Reply 181
2nd part? i'm sure the first part was the one referring to the 3SD. the second was referring to the percentage chance of getting under 150g

yes, i did 3SD as well. i think it's right, i mean why is 95% all the data?
Reply 182
Original post by -Ben
2nd part? i'm sure the first part was the one referring to the 3SD. the second was referring to the percentage chance of getting under 150g

No other way round :tongue: i think..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by becky96
I did 3S.D too I swear that was right???? Read through the thread we were talking about it:biggrin:

Yeah i know but i had the question stepped out to me by a guy who is s GOD in maths... (He gets 100% in EVERY subject and you know the maths challenge? Highest scorer in school, and even got top 3 in the Kangaroo (Higher maths challenge stuff...) and he said that if -2 S.D gets you to 150g (2 x 3.5 = 7 right so minus 7 from the mean which is 157) but it wants below 150g so if you think about it, outside of the 2 S.D gives you the below 150g which is half the remainder of 95% which is 2.5%.
Its hard to explain but i'm quite sure 2.5% is the answer.
Reply 184
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Yeah i know but i had the question stepped out to me by a guy who is s GOD in maths... (He gets 100% in EVERY subject and you know the maths challenge? Highest scorer in school, and even got top 3 in the Kangaroo (Higher maths challenge stuff...) and he said that if -2 S.D gets you to 150g (2 x 3.5 = 7 right so minus 7 from the mean which is 157) but it wants below 150g so if you think about it, outside of the 2 S.D gives you the below 150g which is half the remainder of 95% which is 2.5%.
Its hard to explain but i'm quite sure 2.5% is the answer.

Yeah yeah yeah i know that one was 2S.D but the one after was 3S.D
So you did the first one as 3S.D? Lol confusion
Reply 185
Original post by becky96
Yeah yeah yeah i know that one was 2S.D but the one after was 3S.D
So you did the first one as 3S.D? Lol confusion

Wait... I did the first one as 3 S.D and the second one as 3 S.D as I'm an idiot... First one was right but didn't get the second one at the time but i should have some method marks for it :s-smilie:
Reply 186
ah i get what you guys mean now. i definitely got part b wrong ^_^

oh yeah, what did you get for the index numbers? for the second part i got 640.40. i know i got an integer for part a but i can't quite remember what it was
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by -Ben
ah i get what you guys mean now. i definitely got part b wrong ^_^

oh yeah, what did you get for the index numbers? for the second part i got 640.40. i know i got an integer for part a but i can't quite remember what it was

I wrote 640 something.... i can't remember. I think i did that whole page wrong ehe
Reply 188
what was sampling method for A? if you remember that question
Reply 189
Well I kinda rearranged the data they gave into a format I could understand... Beforehand I was having a heart attack because I forgot how to do it :P

^ I put random
Reply 190
damn, i thought it was stratified, such a hard page though :/
Reply 191
Original post by Lor-rah
what was sampling method for A? if you remember that question

I put Stratified 'bro
Reply 192
I could be wrong :tongue: come to think of it, it probably was stratified. The appearance of the word 'random' confused me (:
Reply 193
It confused me with the Dover and Folkstone bit????????/ When it was like about 30 minutes??? I thought she didn't want to wait longer than 30 mins but apparently i read it wrong and she wanted to wait at least 30 minutes????? Silly aqa
Reply 194
why would anyone want to wait at least 30 minutes? crazy woman
Reply 195
laura was it at least 30 minutes???
Reply 196
I chose Dover as it had a higher cumulative frequency, but I said this before, it's a 1mark question and nothing to stress about :tongue:
Reply 197
Wise words Ben wise words - you should be a motivational speaker
Reply 198
no becky i thought it said, she doesn't want to wait thirty minutes
Reply 199
you think? lol ^_^. I believe the question said she didn't want to wait more than 30 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending