The Student Room Group

AQA Statistics GCSE exam June 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What did people get for the last questions i got 16/25 for b and 11/25 for c ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Wow. I hope everyone did well. We had a choice to do statistics in my school - about 6 students from my year took the exam today. We had about 4 lessons of actual work since september, the rest were practice exam papers (about 4 also). So around 8 lessons in total (We have our lessons on friday at lunch time for half an hour) since the teacher is only free then. I must say, 2/3 of the exam paper was okay. However, looking at the answers above, I've noticed that I have made stupid mistakes. I really hope I have at least an A. But I doubt it. Oh, for the probability question, the one about the probability that a car would travel in opposite directions, what did everyone get? I got like 0.0105 something... Im not sure if I am right or not (purely by what I thought would be the possible answer).
Reply 82
Did anyone get really confused with the first question? :L
Reply 83
Please can someone put on a mark scheme? need help
Reply 84
Original post by becky96

Yes a bit
Original post by becky96

Extraneous variable etc one? I cant actually remember the first question lol. Im gonna go through it with my teacher on wednesday and try to post the unofficial markscheme. If that helps :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by CurtisDean
Extraneous variable etc one? I cant actually remember the first question lol. Im gonna go through it with my teacher on wednesday and try to post the unofficial markscheme. If that helps :smile:

Nono it was like why is Critical 00-49???? And yeah please do :biggrin: What did you all get for the standard dev question?
Reply 87
Original post by becky96
Nono it was like why is Critical 00-49???? And yeah please do :biggrin: What did you all get for the standard dev question?

It was 00-49 critical because in the first table, 40 patients had a critical condition which was HALF the patients who turned up (Out of 80) so it made sense to make it half the numbers from 1-99 that where critical... Thought that was kinda easy :P

EDIT: Then why would you go and Negative a explanatory helpful statement? Some people...
(edited 11 years ago)
The stats exam today was easy, which probably mean I failed. :s-smilie:
Reply 89
you sounded cocky and it irritated me sorry
Reply 90
Original post by becky96
you sounded cocky and it irritated me sorry

Wow, I helped with a question that probably would have been overlooked by most people, can't i grant myself a little satisfaction?

Even then, I hope you did well in the exam! Sure you will still get an A or A*!

:hmmm:
Reply 91
Original post by sm3lly2ooo
Yess it was okay. But I'm not sure if I've done all that well

I really want an a* and my coursework turned out 37/40 which puts me in a failry strong position I hope. But this paper was too easy if I want a high mark it's going to be a gamble!
I hope I do :frown:

I got 14.5% or something for that female question
I've messed up on the normal distribution and Dover one. I didn't out Dover and I put 1% forgetting it was 95% :frown:.
I really hope I do well I need this :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Just remember that the Dover question was one mark. Not worth losing sleep over.

EDIT: Didn't realise there was a fifth page.. Uh, for the last question, I can remember adding together lots of fractions and I can't remember exactly what I got.. 0.64.. or something? dunno. ^_^

What did you guys get for the cumulative frequency question? It went something like: Calculate the amount of people that waited over 45 minutes for Dover and the other one..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by -Ben
Just remember that the Dover question was one mark. Not worth losing sleep over.

EDIT: Didn't realise there was a fifth page.. Uh, for the last question, I can remember adding together lots of fractions and I can't remember exactly what I got.. 0.64.. or something? dunno. ^_^

What did you guys get for the cumulative frequency question? It went something like: Calculate the amount of people that waited over 45 minutes for Dover and the other one..

I times'd those ones at the back as it was a AND situation so you times the two values together, you only added when it said the possibility of turning opposite directions and you had to Times the 2 possibles (0.25, 0.35 and 0.4 where the chances) and then add them all up.

EDIT:
http://people.richland.edu/james/lecture/m170/ch05-rul.html

Go to "AND" or intersections and independent events, i think that means like in this car example, it was multiplication as one choice of direction didn't affect the other event. It even said in the question, these where INDEPENDENT events.

Still, I'm not all too sure on it...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ali_Ludley
DEFINITELY 30-49 which meant it was the both bars added up to make something like 14, can't quite remember.

Yes it was 14.6
Well last year they where really quite low at 68/100 for A* and 53/100 for an A but this paper was REALLY easy so I would say 85/100 for A* possibly and 70/100 for the A

Ok well It was probably easy for you because your probably a maths wizz but I thought it was ok. But wold it really jumpy 20%? I hope not!
It was 00-49 critical because in the first table, 40 patients had a critical condition which was HALF the patients who turned up (Out of 80) so it made sense to make it half the numbers from 1-99 that where critical... Thought that was kinda easy :P

EDIT: Then why would you go and Negative a explanatory helpful statement? Some people...

Yes the first 12 marks were kinda easy. Although it got harder as the test went on but it wasn't easy.
What did you get for the last page? I got 0.15 in the 1st one and 0.45 in another and then 0.64? I think I got those wrong as i'm not as good?
Reply 97
Original post by Frostyjoe
What did you get for the last page? I got 0.15 in the 1st one and 0.45 in another and then 0.64? I think I got those wrong as i'm not as good?

0.15? D'ya mean 0.16??
The second one i found really confusing and got 0.0875 :L
Reply 98
Original post by becky96
0.15? D'ya mean 0.16??
The second one i found really confusing and got 0.0875 :L

Yeah thats what i got becky, it was multiplication of the probabilities which you did right? to get 0.0875? and that one after was something like 0.6something as you times'd the 4 sets of two possibilities and then added them together.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
Yeah thats what i got becky, it was multiplication of the probabilities which you did right? to get 0.0875? and that one after was something like 0.6something as you times'd the 4 sets of two possibilities and then added them together.

Yeah but im not sure the 2nd one was right because it was worth 3 marks and i literally did like 1 multiplication

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending