The Student Room Group

AQA Physics June 20th Unit 1 paper

Hi guys, good luck with the exam :smile:

Does anyone have any clues as to what might be on the test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think it's best if you just revise the whole unit. i have read peoples comments on the chemistry exam and a lot of people were told to revise quarrying and it never came up. its best to go over everything and not have things come up, than not revise parts and then they come up:smile:

good luck!!
Reply 2
thank you, yeah I was going to do revise the whole thing but just some things in more detail. I predicted the chemistry topics pretty well, how did yours go?
Reply 3
i found it so hard! none of my teachers gave me any hints to what might be in it, and the things i revised the most didnt even come up, which is why for the physics im going to learn my revision guide word for word!! how about yours?
how do you guys revise physics? i'm so demotivated when it comes to physics, normally i just base my revision on the cgp book as its really helpful!
Reply 5
as with the biology and chemistry the essence of the first exam was taken into the second so i would say revise the stuff from the first quickly and go over everything else in more detail, having a book reading it out and missing words for other people to answer is very useful, me and my friends do this and it really makes the work stick in your mind! great way to have fun with friends even though it is revision:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by __amberr_
i found it so hard! none of my teachers gave me any hints to what might be in it, and the things i revised the most didnt even come up, which is why for the physics im going to learn my revision guide word for word!! how about yours?

Mine went well apart from one of the one markers which i know ive gotten wrong :tongue: But yeah most people were saying it was hard a part from a couple. I'm think the new stuff in the specification will be on and stuff that wasnt on the january paper :tongue:
Whatever topics were not covered on the specification in the January exam will most probably be on the June exam, that's proven:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
As well as the other topics too like:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Does anyone know what's new to the spec?
anyone knows whether a solar heating panel or a solar cell panel works on cloudy day/at night? thanks :smile:
Reply 11
the never work at night, but they do work on cloudy days
Original post by Sofian123
the never work at night, but they do work on cloudy days

both work on cloudy days? thanks :smile:
Reply 13
my teacher said you will need to learn about step down transformers as step up transformers were on the last test!
Reply 14
Does anyone know where I can get the january 2012 paper?
Reply 15
Does anybody have any ideas of what topics might come up tomorrow?
Reply 16
Original post by Beni24
Does anybody have any ideas of what topics might come up tomorrow?

learn about the different ways to generate energy as these weren't on the recent past papers
Reply 17
Last exam for me then GCSEs are over!
..then I have work experience the following day.:frown:

Can't wait, though, should be fun considering it's only a 45 minute paper :smile:
Reply 18
How did you all find it? i thought it was easy, someone make an unofficial mark scheme please :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by MichelleQ
How did you all find it? i thought it was easy, someone make an unofficial mark scheme please :smile:

This is old spec I'm guessing. What did you get for the £30 pounds in the meter question? 200 hours?

Quick Reply

Latest