The Student Room Group

How much more difficult is A-Level Psychology to AS Psychology?

I have completed my AS Psychology. For my january exams i was 2 marks off an A and i'll receive my overall grade in the summer. I'm predicted an A but i'm thinking it's a B.

How much more difficult will A Level psychology be? I'm on Edexcel, if that makes any difference. :smile:
Reply 1
I've just finished AQA Psychology A and I'd say they're about equal, but the work/revision load is heavier at A2 as you have to memorise more studies. Generally people get the same grade at A2 as AS, so I wouldn't say it's that much harder as long as you keep up with the work.

A word of warning though, A2 is soooo boring compared to AS (in my experience) even though I expected it to be (if anything) MORE interesting, since the A2 topics I did were Biological Rhythms and Sleep(Turned out to be mostly Biology ), Relationships(Like a tedious, even more common-sense version of Sociology) and Eating Behaviour(VERY study based. Made even Eating Disorders boring to study - although this may just be my teacher :P )

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Oh right, thanks. Yeah i guess it might be different on my exam board/different teacher..etc. :smile:
Hopefully mine might be a little better! I was thinking of psychology at uni, but there seems to be a lot of negative posts about it though, so now i'm not too sure. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 3
I know my neighbour got a Psych degree from Cardiff a couple of years ago, and after a year's paid work experience she now has a good job (in Wales!) in the sector, so it's by no means the dead-end degree some people claim it is. If you do a degree in the subject you enjoy most you're more likely to be interested and work hard, increasing your chances of a 2:1 or first.

:::::::
AQA (spec B) is less memorising, if anything, at A-level than at AS-level, but it is "synoptic" as you are expected to know remember a good portion of everything you've done for the last exam... But they were pretty similar anyways.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending