The Student Room Group

AQA b1a,p1a 22nd June 2012 higher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by M.revision
Ye I haven't done b2 yet but I did p2 in march this yr and nd I'm studying for c2 now, we r doing ours a bit earlier ?? :s-smilie: guessing ur in yr 11? :smile:

Yeah c2 isn't too hard! It was the same in my school we did p2 and c2 in the summer of year 10 and did p3 and c3 at the start of year 11. It's kinda weird though because i basically did the whole of biology this summer and no chance of resitting :P Are you doing triple? I guess the core become much easier after the other 2 units!
Original post by James3110
I only spent 2 days in total revising both - oops :P What are you hoping to get? Some people in my school did some of these cores like 4 times!

LOL
I started last night because I had textiles yesterday afternoon ><
I'd cry if I had to retake more and more and more and more times.

Perhaps there was an independent person or something :P Maybe you're right!

There was probably a scientist with it xD
Reply 22
Yeah, nd no I'm not bcos I was offered it but apparently it brings ur grades down in other subjects so no I'm not
Reply 23
Did anyone do C1A how did people find it.
Original post by Kirbi
Did anyone do C1A how did people find it.

ME.
LOL one of the past paper questions popped up, and I still got it wrong.
Reply 25
Original post by nataliekwong
LOL
I started last night because I had textiles yesterday afternoon ><
I'd cry if I had to retake more and more and more and more times.
There was probably a scientist with it xD

I hope it was right! Oh how was that exam, heard it was hard? I was on an A in physics and my teacher said if I want to get an A* you have to retake every module, i was like :eek: no way! I only needed 10 marks or so aswell, which i could've gained easily from one exam -_- Luckily i've finished all my exams though so no more GCSE's ... unless of course i fail miserably and retake next year :wink:
Reply 26
Yeah c2 isn't too hard! It was the same in my school we did p2 and c2 in the summer of year 10 and did p3 and c3 at the start of year 11. It's kinda weird though because i basically did the whole of biology this summer and no chance of resitting :P Are you doing triple? I guess the core become much easier after the other 2 units!

Yeah, nd no I'm not bcos apparently it brings yr grades down in other subjects :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Yeah, nd no I'm not bcos apparently it brings yr grades down in other subjects :s-smilie:

Well I'm sure if you were chosen to do triple, you would be able to cope with it and other subjects? :biggrin: It depends on a person really and whether they are dedicated ..
Reply 28
ME.
LOL one of the past paper questions popped up, and I still got it wrong.

What did you get for the question about the maximum temperature needed for methane and oxygen (or something like that) and the the last questions about Butane
Reply 29
Well I'm sure if you were chosen to do triple, you would be able to cope with it and other subjects? :biggrin: It depends on a person really and whether they are dedicated ..

Uh I don't think I'm gonna do it, I will just do science In College.
Reply 30
Uh I don't think I'm gonna do it, I will just do science In College.

You're not at a disadvantage if you don't do it though :biggrin: Which science is your favourite??
Original post by Kirbi
What did you get for the question about the maximum temperature needed for methane and oxygen (or something like that) and the the last questions about Butane

I put something like 890..it was just a random guess..
I had an answer..but it was like HUH?! cos they didnt have the same answer as me..:/
Reply 32
You're not at a disadvantage if you don't do it though :biggrin: Which science is your favourite??

I like human biology and stuff, but chemistry is quite interesting as well.
Probably goes, biology, chemistry, then physics.. You?:biggrin:
Reply 33
I like human biology and stuff, but chemistry is quite interesting as well.
Probably goes, biology, chemistry, then physics.. You?:biggrin:

I love chemistry :biggrin: Then it would be closely followed by biology and then physics - blerghhh! Don't like physics haha
Reply 34
I love chemistry :biggrin: Then it would be closely followed by biology and then physics - blerghhh! Don't like physics haha

Yeh I don't either..:L its more mechanical stuff and stuff Hahaa :biggrin: what u wanna study at college/uni? A levels or IB?!? :smile:
Reply 35
I put something like 890..it was just a random guess..
I had an answer..but it was like HUH?! cos they didnt have the same answer as me..:/

I said 840 not sure if it is correct though.

What letters did you get for the reactive metals and the question about which one is most likely to be found in its Ore (or something like that).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Yeh I don't either..:L its more mechanical stuff and stuff Hahaa :biggrin: what u wanna study at college/uni? A levels or IB?!? :smile:

I want to study A levels .. Chemistry, biology, maths and economics/psychology(not sure which one!) How about you? You still have a year to decide :biggrin:
Original post by Kirbi

What letters did you get for the reactive metals and the question about which one is most likely to be found in its Ore (or something like that).

Apparently it was meant to be like Sodium is more reactive than Titanium
But it was a past paper question...and I STILL got it wrong!
And I don't remember anymore><
Reply 38
Original post by Kirbi

yeah i went with 840 as well even though i got 860.

I found W as most reactive and X as least can't remember one in between but the one with hydrogen went before X. I chose X as the next answer because I think it said which one wouldn't be found as an ore or something.

on the question about fossil fuels where they gave you a bar chart with how much CO2 was produced what answer did you choose for the first one about coal. I said that coal released more energy than natural gas and oil but i didn't know.

I also wasn't sure about the titanium chloride and iron oxide one, i just went with that one was a purer substance than the other.
Reply 39
Original post by bobbyy123
yeah i went with 840 as well even though i got 860.

I found W as most reactive and X as least can't remember one in between but the one with hydrogen went before X. I chose X as the next answer because I think it said which one wouldn't be found as an ore or something.

on the question about fossil fuels where they gave you a bar chart with how much CO2 was produced what answer did you choose for the first one about coal. I said that coal released more energy than natural gas and oil but i didn't know.

I also wasn't sure about the titanium chloride and iron oxide one, i just went with that one was a purer substance than the other.

Yeah I also said that Coal released more energy as that was the most logical answer I could think of as they all seemed kind of right to me, and I also put that the iron was a purer substance.But I think with the Letter question I put Z as most reactive and then Y probably wrong though as I was a little confused on that question.

Can you think of any of the other questions, I am freaking out over this paper as I found it quite difficult compared to the past papers.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending