The Student Room Group

Predicted Paper 1 English Literature 2024 GCSE

What characters and themes should I get quotes for in Christmas Carol and Macbeth? Because I don't want to revise for a theme/character/ place that's already have been done a year ago and so on and plus I want to know possible predicted questions.
Reply 1
Original post by sukhman.kaur15
What characters and themes should I get quotes for in Christmas Carol and Macbeth? Because I don't want to revise for a theme/character/ place that's already have been done a year ago and so on and plus I want to know possible predicted questions.

hii so right now im doign the exact same thing and im struggling to know which quotes i need to learn and know but some advice i got of tutors and people was that learn about 6 quotes from each christmas carol and macbeth that link to each theme.yes we literally have no clue whats coming in the exams but atleast uve prepared for each theme.also a youtuber whos really helpful would be "Mr Salles Teaches English" he aims for grade 9s and tells u the most relevant quotes. hope this helpssss
Original post by yoloooo_675
hii so right now im doign the exact same thing and im struggling to know which quotes i need to learn and know but some advice i got of tutors and people was that learn about 6 quotes from each christmas carol and macbeth that link to each theme.yes we literally have no clue whats coming in the exams but atleast uve prepared for each theme.also a youtuber whos really helpful would be "Mr Salles Teaches English" he aims for grade 9s and tells u the most relevant quotes. hope this helpssss

THANK YOU SO MUCHHH this is really helpful <3

the 2024 poem will be on tissue.
Original post by sumayyanabeel

how do you know?
Original post by sumayyanabeel

my prediction asw
Reply 6
plz god not tissue or i will fail also
they are also saying the poem is exposure
Original post by JF ZAK

if ur confident ur failing if its tissue, just study it then
Original post by JF ZAK

why have i never heard of tissue but ive done exposure...
Reply 9

Anyone know what love and relationship poem could be
Original post by elliexfbcfg
why have i never heard of tissue but ive done exposure...

cauze some teacher decide not to teach as they thinks its a hard poem so unlikely to come up
Original post by laiba994
Anyone know what love and relationship poem could be

No idea but i hope its like a romantic love poem preferably like Porphria's lover because what is like Eden Rock comes up ☹️

Hi, this may be too late, but don't just revise the predictions. I know it seems easier and quicker but if you are able to put the work in and just do as many themes and characters as you can, you won't be that one person in the exam hall struggling because it wasn't the question you thought.
Original post by asdagkshdgaskdh
Hi, this may be too late, but don't just revise the predictions. I know it seems easier and quicker but if you are able to put the work in and just do as many themes and characters as you can, you won't be that one person in the exam hall struggling because it wasn't the question you thought.

that is true
Original post by nakkiVela
if ur confident ur failing if its tissue, just study it then

the author said if they put it in a paper then she would sue so im pretty sure it wont be this but idk
anyone got any ideas on what may come up for romeo and juliet?
Original post by improvised-story
the author said if they put it in a paper then she would sue so im pretty sure it wont be this but idk

Hi, can I ask what the source of this information was? I would like to check it out myself.

im pretty sure she didnt i went to a GCSE poetry live talk and she was there, giving analysis on her poem

lol
hope not
Original post by lilybellegrove
im pretty sure she didnt i went to a GCSE poetry live talk and she was there, giving analysis on her poem

nooooooooo
y
should have read this first
😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending