The Student Room Group

Medical University of Plovdiv(Bulgaria)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by mercedesdent100
Hello, first year and yes from the UK

Where abouts in the uk u from? How u finding it? Is it hard? I'm sooo confused on what to do, iv got a degree in biomedical science and always wanted to do medicine. However, not managed to get into the uk, got a place in plovdiv but now I'm in 2 minds. Just the thought of being so far from friends and family, now I'm thinking do I just stay here and look for a graduate job or do I go there and study medicine? 6 years is such a long time
Original post by Izzy786
Where abouts in the uk u from? How u finding it? Is it hard? I'm sooo confused on what to do, iv got a degree in biomedical science and always wanted to do medicine. However, not managed to get into the uk, got a place in plovdiv but now I'm in 2 minds. Just the thought of being so far from friends and family, now I'm thinking do I just stay here and look for a graduate job or do I go there and study medicine? 6 years is such a long time

I would say it is definitely worth coming over, many other UK students have degrees in subjects such as biomed and really love it.
The journey is only about three hours away and flights can often be pretty cheap, so you can fly as frequently as needed.
Also, there is such a great group of people here, you will really settle in to the university and environment.
Reply 162
Thanks so much. That's good to know. I think sometimes u just need a little reassurance. I think I'm definitely going to go for it. What is the actual course like? Is it really difficult? And do you have to learn the language in the first year?

I would say it is definitely worth coming over, many other UK students have degrees in subjects such as biomed and really love it.
The journey is only about three hours away and flights can often be pretty cheap, so you can fly as frequently as needed.
Also, there is such a great group of people here, you will really settle in to the university and environment.
I got offer letter from uni, in September in take..how is uni? Facilities , accommodation, life, safety, food etc...Iam a brttish citizen orginal from south India
Thanks

Naveen
Can you please mail me to..
[email protected]
Reply 164
Hey, is anyone planning to share accomodation ?
Reply 165
Original post by Rockshi
Hi Ushwana,

I currently have an offer for Plovdiv and i was wondering what the surrounding area was like and if the facilities are good? Also how did you go about finding a place to live?

hello i found my apartment myself using agencies from the internet because my company was struggling since i started the university late. the area is very nice, very historical and pretty but also clean. its not howverr as modern as the UK because it has more of a bohemian vibe but still very beautiful and safe. hope that helps
Tidied the thread. Please keep on topic and just report any trolling users.

Neostigmine
hey everyone, u guys think its too late to apply at the beginning of september? cuz im thinking of coming thru/submitting documents then. also in the website it says deadline is end of september for submissions but i dont wanna show up and be rejected so lel
Well we went through an agency and applied at the beginning of September and were able to start that year. I think that's the fastest route at the very late stage of application in early September.
Well we went through an agency and applied at the beginning of September and were able to start that year. I think that's the fastest route at the very late stage of application in early September.

u mean fastest thru an agency? wouldnt it be faster if u just go and submit everything by urself
Reply 170
Hey, I am going this September for medicine, does anyone have any information about accommodation and facilities?
Plus, is anyone coming to the conference in Coventry about this on the 23rd of August?
Reply 171
Original post by Izzy786
Hi, is anyone studying medicine in plovdiv starting in sept? Just thought I would familiarise myself with people as I'm absolutely dreading it!!!

Hey I shall be starting medicine in Plovdiv in September, when are you planning to go to Bulgaria?
Reply 172
Original post by aisha1993
hey guys, who's going to plovdiv this september!? im going to study medicine there

Hey I will be going to Plovdiv for medicine too, it would be good to get to know you as we are on the same course!
Reply 173
I'm coming to Plodiv to do Dentistry this September! Has anyone sorted accomadation? I need to to share with someone haha!
Hey guys how do I send my application to study dentistry in Bulgaria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by idunnotbh
I'm applying for Dentistry at Plovdiv to start in September, anyone else in the same boat?

I am! Very nervous, was wondering what you were doing in regards to accommodation once you're there?
Reply 176
Original post by JP24
I'm coming to Plodiv to do Dentistry this September! Has anyone sorted accomadation? I need to to share with someone haha!

I need to share with someone too!
Reply 177

Hi, just wondering which agency you applied through?
Reply 178
Original post by dance_555
Hiya, im a dentistry student here, would like to meet up when you get here so i can show you the dental faculty, its more important than the medical uni haha
Dont worry theyr both 5 mins walk away from each other

Take care

Hello,

I am from the UK and have applied to Plovdiv for dentistry and just wondered if you could give be a bit of information regarding accommodation, (finding people to share an apartment with etc), is the course hard? are there a lot of facilities on campus to study? are there a lot of british students there and also info on nightlife, cost of food etc.

Would be a great if you could help me.

Kindest regards
Hey how do I find accomodation in Plovdiv? I'm looking for somewhere pretty good and I am not afraid to spend but want somewhere close by to the uni too? I'm looking for like, a double bedroom, kitchen, bathroom to myself being minimum requirements.

Just out of curiosity though how much would it cost for a place that had two double bedrooms? Would be awesome if I could share that place with a friend is all.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending