The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Opal 1 Dundee

Hey

Im going to Abertay University in September and ive just been accepted into Opal with a standard en suit bedroom. Im looking forward to it, however ive heard that Opal are like really strict on parties and stuff. Is this true? Does anyone have any other interesting facts about Opal? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haha it's always the negative you hear, that was 2 years ago. They've been totally fine this year regards that. Although the place by nature will be relatively strict, it's an expensive building and people are paying for security.

Other than that I've seen them being slow about repairs but there are ways of speeding things along where appropriate.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
I stayed in Opal last year and had heard the same things before moving in so was kinda worried but they don't really care. They say that visitors have to sign in etc, but they never actually have to!:smile: Its a good place to stay and I met such nice flatmates that we're all staying in Opal again next year as its hard to find a 7 bed flat/house. So might see you around!
Reply 3
Yep, both posts above are true. If they are slow with repairs just talk to one of the security guys it will be done in no time, unless they are waiting for parts, e.g. when some idiot broke the elevator.
Reply 4
Cheers guys for the replys. Bit less nervous about it all now, in fact looking forward to it!
Reply 5
Good :biggrin:

Nothing can stop you having a good time anyway, even if it means you nip round to your mates in other halls for parties... it's just what students do.
Reply 6
True. Only Im not from Dundee so cant exactly go all the way back to Aberdeen and party lol.
Reply 7
Ach the other students aren't that bad, speaking as one Aberdonian to another :wink: I'm sure you can find friends a little closer than that.
Reply 8
Thanks. Yeah im sure i will, will just need to make sure im out plenty.
Reply 9
Original post by Boombox9696
Thanks. Yeah im sure i will, will just need to make sure im out plenty.

Karaoke on Sunday is a way to go then :biggrin: Even though you might wanna bring osme ear plugs in case I will find a song I like ... :8
Reply 10
Haha oh god :biggrin: I'll most likely be working on the stage for that.
Reply 11
Do you know the list of available songs then? :biggrin:
Reply 12
nope, we've got about 28,000 so never managed to make one.
Reply 13
Original post by Brizee
nope, we've got about 28,000 so never managed to make one.

me-gugusta.jpeg

Can I go more than once then? :biggrin: I promise I will bring some ear plugs
Reply 14
maybe I suppose lol
I am also the king of murdering karoake songs, especially with a drink in me. Expect some right cheese to be sung!
Reply 16
Original post by THESHade
Karaoke on Sunday is a way to go then :biggrin: Even though you might wanna bring osme ear plugs in case I will find a song I like ... :8

Hmm doesnt really sound like my thing lol.
Reply 17
Original post by Boombox9696
Hmm doesnt really sound like my thing lol.

Nah you'd be a fool to miss Sunday, Karaoke, Sumo Suits, Pole Jousting, some other things I can't remember and a Caricaturist. It's basically just a night of being silly and meeting people.
Reply 18
Silly? Nah, serious business here!
Reply 19
Original post by Brizee
Nah you'd be a fool to miss Sunday, Karaoke, Sumo Suits, Pole Jousting, some other things I can't remember and a Caricaturist. It's basically just a night of being silly and meeting people.

Maybe pay it a visit when im down then. Although sounds like somewhere my parents would go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending