The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Sharing accommodation with female students studying Medicine in Leicester 2023

I have an offer for Medicine at Leicester from Sept, 23. I am looking to make it my firm choice. As Leiceter Uni's official student halls are all at least 40 min. walk away from the George Davies Centre, I am looking to find a group of 4-5 female students who would like to share a female-only block in a reasonably close by student accommodation, such as IQ Opal Court or somewhere similar. If you are interested, please do get in touch ASAP so we can book a number of rooms together and secure it. Rooms seem to be getting taken quickly from what I have seen so far!
Have you found anyone yet? I'm a female medical student who will most likely be joining Leicester for medicine this September. I was thinking Freeman's commons because they have nicer rooms but I think they get taken up quickly which is a shame.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Violetmonkey
Have you found anyone yet? I'm a female medical student who will most likely be joining Leicester for medicine this September. I was thinking Freeman's commons because they have nicer rooms but I think they get taken up quickly which is a shame.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I had no response from anyone so last week I ended up booking a room at IQ Opal Court which is very close. Luckily, I found a block that had only females and I booked the last room in that block. I did have a look at Freeman's Common and the rooms there are the nicest and the closest amongst the other UoL accom; but I was told that availability will be tight. Good luck to you. Hope you find a suitable accom. All the best with your A-levels too. TC
Ah no worries, glad you found accommodation that suits you :smile:
Did you get private or university accommodation? Good luck on your a levels too! PS do you know of any other Leicester medic offer holders because I am the only person from my school?
Original post by mo_shahid786
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I had no response from anyone so last week I ended up booking a room at IQ Opal Court which is very close. Luckily, I found a block that had only females and I booked the last room in that block. I did have a look at Freeman's Common and the rooms there are the nicest and the closest amongst the other UoL accom; but I was told that availability will be tight. Good luck to you. Hope you find a suitable accom. All the best with your A-levels too. TC
Reply 4
Original post by Violetmonkey
Ah no worries, glad you found accommodation that suits you :smile:
Did you get private or university accommodation? Good luck on your a levels too! PS do you know of any other Leicester medic offer holders because I am the only person from my school?

Thx. IQ Opal Court is privately owned but it also appears on UoL official Accom. website. They still have rooms available there but these are in mixed blocks I think (although you have your own en-suite, only have to share kitchen). I don't know of anyone else with offers from UoL. Maybe you & I can keep in touch if you want? I can PM you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending