The Student Room Group

Applying abroad to study medicine (Romania, Bulgaria etc)..NEED HELP !!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by andis999
Hi,

Im at carol davila - 2nd year, i would advise not to come here. Arad is terrible. Cluj is the best university but very difficult to get into, they only accept people with more or less straight A's but you'll need to pass science related enterance exam aswel...Iasi is fairly decent, there is no entrance exam but again you'll need top grades, they offer admissions on a point system which is developed according to your grades, personal statement, work experience etc...
I have visited every uni here & seem to like Constanta the best, the place is really nice & i am transferring there this year. I contacted the uni who put me through to their trusted approved agent who is arranging my transfer.
Personally i think cluj is the best, followed closely by constanta...i would advise that you consider it

hi,i really think we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)??
Reply 41
Original post by nsl
You have an excellent chance of getting a place. I'm not sure what the agenda of the previous poster is. I have been to Bucharest and that is not the imformation I have. The main thing is passing this English language exam. Yes, sometimes UK students have failed it because they haven't taken it seriously, or perhaps although they are UK citizens English is not their native language. The test does require you to have a good standard of English language, correct spelling and grammar etc. The lady I spoke with said some students had used 'texting language'. Well of course they're going to fail!
The other entrance exam which is more competitive is only for those who speak Romanian. Check out medxl.co.uk they have all info. I made contact with them recently and they were so helpful and in the UK too. In your case anything prior to A levels doesn't matter. The complicated thing is the actual admissions process.

hi,i really think we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)??
Reply 42
Original post by nsl
I went to Bucharest personally and was told by the actual staff in the department - not by medxl or any company - by the Faculty themselves. They told me that all the British that applied were of other ethnicities and many had what they considered to be "a poor standard of English spelling and grammar" and didn't take the exam at all seriously and some didn't speak English at home. They said that the exam does test proper traditional English grammar and many students educated in countries with more traditional education systems ie Africa and India were better prepared to pass the language exam than students from Britain because we don't teach English grammar in schools here anymore. They also said some students had used 'u' instead of 'you'.

Reply 43
Original post by jaam14
Hey i have applied to constanta uni for 6yrs program. got positive feedback from the agent.
is there any1 here who have applied for constanta Romania????

hi,I am interested in Constanta as well.But I really believe we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)?? :confused:
Reply 44
Actually I'm new in this forum and I didn't know how to contact all of you at once..now I know! :P sorry :-D So,does anyone have information about what are we gonna do after graduation?I don't wonna enter a uni whose degree will just hang on my bedroom's wall.I want to be sure,before I spend my family's last penny,that after I graduate I will be able to find a place for the specialty I'll follow.Is UK gonna like my romanian degree or the strungle to medicine will continue? :confused::confused:
Reply 45
However, when applying, take all advice into consideration- even though people may have had bad experiences with certain agencies, I also know some people that got in with very little/no stress whatsoever. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have been considering UMF Iasi as well. I will be applying without an agent - Many people have applied successfully without one. :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by sofiama
How many docs in the UK do you think actually graduated in the EU - a huge number graduated in India, Pakistan, Nigeria etc. Over 2000 docs who qualified in ROmania work in UK as docs - all you need to do it ask GMC under a Freedom of Information request!
Reply 48
I have spoken with doctors, hospitals and the GMC about this issue and they all assured me that as long as I am an UK citizen I can fit back into the UK system easily because romania is an EU country and All the Government Universties adhere to the EU and UK standard.

hope that helps

Original post by sofiama
hi,I am interested in Constanta as well.But I really believe we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)?? :confused:
Reply 49
Is anyone interested in applying for medicine in Bulgaria?(Medical University of Sofia,Varna Medical University or The Pleven Medical University).I'm from Ireland and expect to get "at least" an B in chem and Bio will that be enough for entry into medicine in these colleges?

Hi.

It appears the Romanian and Bulgarian universities are less competitive in comparison to British ones (for medicine anyway). Are there any other EU countries like this? Or are most on par with Britain in terms of the difficulty and popularity of applying to medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arran.Williamson
Loads, I can't remember them all of the top of my head but a google search of study medicine in English abroad will reveal them to you :smile:

I know Hungry, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and the Czech Republic are in the same sort of ball park. (most European countries now offer an option to study in English)

Thanks a lot :smile: So it's mainly Eastern European?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello people can some one guide me how I can apply to German hospital for masters degree?
I have graduated from jilin university,china
Any clue guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Snazzyprince
Hello people can some one guide me how I can apply to German hospital for masters degree?
I have graduated from jilin university,china
Any clue guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hospitals don't offer degrees of any kind. It's a University (which may be affiliated with a hospital) where you would obtain a master's degree.

We need to know:
1. What subject you graduated in
2. What subject you wish to study at master's level
3. Whether your original degree will allow you to study for a master's in your desired subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Arran.Williamson
And how much exactly does medlink charge ? for services does it require, do we have to notorise the documents ourselves? and if you tell me there is a deposit, how much is it and what are the terms for securing it back....btw a letter from the ministry of education is not an 'acceptance letter' it's just document stating equivalence.

I just tore studymedabroad apart, they were frauds, they don't do anything and charge 3000 euros which you'll most likely never see again....always read the contracts people!!!! and always find out what needs to be done so that you know what they expect you to do and what they are actually doing themselves, usually nothing.

Hi Arran, you have very good points in your post and fair ones too. yes I agree you should be careful with your money.

The fee for the application is on the website medlinkstudents .com
About the whole application and paper work this is all done by medlinkstudents... if you have any questions feel free to contact MedLink they will happily answer all your questions.
"It is Free to ask for Advise"
Reply 55
Anyone interested in Riga/Sofia university's i'm from Ireland and am applying for these.
Anyone applying to cluj?
do u have to do an entrance exam?
is it hard to get into?
when do u know u got in
Original post by cheesypuff
Anyone applying to cluj?
do u have to do an entrance exam?
is it hard to get into?
when do u know u got in

---

CheesyPuff...do you have grade A or B in Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Psychology or Physics...? if you have anything below that..forget Cluj...you won't get in. If you do try apply and see if you would be successful. all the best.
no entrance exam in cluj afetr the university selects you (with very thorough selection criteria..grades, additional univ. degrees, etc). you'll know if you get in by August. you must submit your application before end of July..the key is to prepare all your papers *correctly* and of course meet the GCE A level/SQA Advanced highers grades criteria -- strictly A or B (no more no less)!
Original post by wastedpounds
---

CheesyPuff...do you have grade A or B in Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Psychology or Physics...? if you have anything below that..forget Cluj...you won't get in. If you do try apply and see if you would be successful. all the best.

yes, yes and yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending