The Student Room Group

Moving to Bulgaria

I'm planning to study medicine abroad in Plovdiv and want to start buying stuff for uni. Is there anything I need to bring from the UK?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm planning to study medicine abroad in Plovdiv and want to start buying stuff for uni. Is there anything I need to bring from the UK?
This depends entirely on what is waiting for you in Bulgaria. What do you know so far?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
This depends entirely on what is waiting for you in Bulgaria. What do you know so far?

I've not got any accommodation sorted yet but I am hoping to move into an apartment in Plovdiv.
I've not got any accommodation sorted yet but I am hoping to move into an apartment in Plovdiv.

Furnished? :holmes:
Privately rented?
You can buy pretty much anything you need in Plovdiv, though bring your own laptop etc and enough converter plugs. It would help if your phone is dual sim so you can have a Bulgarian number as well. If not, consider bringing a second phone.
Guys can anyone reccomed the agency they went with, or how they chose to elimnate the other ones, im applying next year and im getting no support from my school :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Macdeez44
Guys can anyone reccomed the agency they went with, or how they chose to elimnate the other ones, im applying next year and im getting no support from my school :frown:

I used medconnect, it was recommended to me by a friend from college who is already out in Bulgaria. they charge 1725 for the full package.
I used medconnect, it was recommended to me by a friend from college who is already out in Bulgaria. they charge 1725 for the full package.

Thank you, I’m just a little worried about like there lack of social media presence unlike InterHecs

same here have you done the exam i have it tomorrow?
Reply 9
Original post by benny_ali_

Good luck! Yes I did it in June.
Good luck! Yes I did it in June.

thanks how was it ? was it similar to the practice papers content wise or do they add a lot of new stuff

I am using interhecs, they are very reliable. They reply to your questions. You can talk to other students that are already attending the uni through them.

When do you think the results will be out I took it on 15th as well.
thanks how was it ? was it similar to the practice papers content wise or do they add a lot of new stuff

It was okay. Most of the questions are quite similar although there are a few new questions on the biology paper. To prep for them you would probably have to read around/ in greater depth on the biology topics. I scored well enough without doing that and just 3 weeks cram revision. Chemistry's questions are very similar, so I would recommend just working through the past papers.

I used medconnect. I was recommended to me by a close friend already out in Bulgaria.

I heard a lot of people bring spices from the UK!
I heard a lot of people bring spices from the UK!

Yea, especially for asian food etc.
Reply 17

hi can i ask how you find it, whether you recommend moving. Hows the course. Is medconnect good. Also if its possible, can we follow each other on instagram

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending