The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Arva
Out of interest why did you insist you didn't like him like that any more? :lolwut: That literally makes no sense at all. :lol:

In the time he was with his ex we hardly spoke apart from a few awkward conversations. It was more out of sight out of mind :colondollar:

He knew all along though, so I guess he knows me better than anyone :rolleyes: or it was really that obvious :love: I'm going with the latter
Reply 581
Original post by Angry cucumber
C4 is much much much harder than C3 :redface: I'd go as far as saying, it can't be self taught :s-smilie:

:sexface:

It can with AQA....Core 3 is harder than core 4 in AQA.... and im gonna learn all the concepts....then while the rest of the class is learning C3 my teacher can help me with the iffy areas of C4...(someone did it last year...so its defoo possible))

Reply 582
Original post by Angry cucumber
C4 is much much much harder than C3 :redface: I'd go as far as saying, it can't be self taught :s-smilie:

Depends on the exam board - though in my opinion both are perfectly self-teachable. Some boards have all the integration in C3 and all the trig in 4; in those cases the C3 is a lot more challenging (OCR I'm looking at you). :lol:
Reply 583
Original post by Jakeeyy
Think it'd be for other Universities, can imagine competitive places at more competitive uni's being more inelastic in applications.

That's what I'd assume :smile:
Reply 584
Getting so nervous now... I will be a wreck the night before results!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 585
Only 331 posts until I'm at the next ranking :colone:
Reply 586
Original post by Arva
What board are you on? If you're on OCR I've heard C4 is really easy - that it's pretty much the equivalent of my (Edexcel) C3. There's no need to rush yourself unless you're really bad at Maths and need tonnes of practice, but if you're expecting A* offers in it then I'm sure you're just fine.

But i kinda need to learn STEP too...and without C3 C4 theres limited choice....so i need to learn it regardless of whether i take the exam...i may aswell ...I will have C3 C4 M2 and physics 4 to do in jan...possibly D2 aswell...

Reply 587
Original post by TonyH663
Am I the only one who has literally nothing to do with life apart from anticipate results day?

Thought I'd come join you guys aha

Nope! Same here :sexface:

Which subject are you hoping to do and where?

:sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 588
Original post by Arva
What board are you on? If you're on OCR I've heard C4 is really easy - that it's pretty much the equivalent of my (Edexcel) C3. There's no need to rush yourself unless you're really bad at Maths and need tonnes of practice, but if you're expecting A* offers in it then I'm sure you're just fine.

Not if you're on OCR MEI!

This was posted from the :sexface: app for my iPhone.
Reply 589
Original post by lilGem
That's what I'd assume :smile:

Indeed. In 2 months we will all be starting our respective courses, well should be :sexface:
Reply 590
Original post by Arva
Depends on the exam board - though in my opinion both are perfectly self-teachable. Some boards have all the integration in C3 and all the trig in 4; in those cases the C3 is a lot more challenging (OCR I'm looking at you). :lol:

yep all integration is in C3...hence the question i posted yesterday

Reply 591
Original post by Jakeeyy
Indeed. In 2 months we will all be starting our respective courses, well should be :sexface:

:lol: Tomorrow month in 10 hours I will be back at college, on my third year sat doing a test on microbiology and populations :sexface:
Original post by PatrickD
Indeed :sexface:. It is a tradition passed on from last year's thread and we aim to keep it going. Angry_cucumber is the King of :sexface: here though.

What are you hoping to do and where? Good luck! :smile:

:sexface: TSR iPod App

Ah, okay. That's understandable, although a little bizarre :tongue:

I'm hoping to study Law at Durham. What about you? Thanks for the luck!

Oh, almost forgot - :sexface:

Original post by eemooz
Same I'm at A2 aswell, I would live to get AAA, but I don't think that's likely due to terrible Maths exams :frown:

Ah, I'm sure you've done really well :smile:
Reply 593
Original post by kitkat19
But i kinda need to learn STEP too...and without C3 C4 theres limited choice....so i need to learn it regardless of whether i take the exam...i may aswell ...I will have C3 C4 M2 and physics 4 to do in jan...possibly D2 aswell...

I'm confused - it doesn't sound like you're doing Further Maths but you're applying for something that needs STEP?
Reply 594
Original post by kitkat19
yep all integration is in C3...hence the question i posted yesterday

So your C4 must be pretty easy then, don't worry about it too much. Still, if you're set on learning them all ahead of time best of luck to you! :five:
Reply 595
Original post by lilGem
:lol: Tomorrow month in 10 hours I will be back at college, on my third year sat doing a test on microbiology and populations :sexface:

How come?
Reply 596
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Ah, okay. That's understandable, although a little bizarre :tongue:

I'm hoping to study Law at Durham. What about you? Thanks for the luck!

Oh, almost forgot - :sexface:

Ah, I'm sure you've done really well :smile:

I hope so too!

Goodluck :smile:

Original post by Arva

WJEC too :frown: they have integration and trigonometry... :tongue: sucks!
I think I could do with getting an early night, starting to get nervous for tomorrow but still really excited! I'll try and get a picture of the tattoo before it gets covered up, to show you all :smile:
Reply 599
Original post by Arva
I'm confused - it doesn't sound like you're doing Further Maths but you're applying for something that needs STEP?

Okay so basically...i wanna apply for maths which requires step..

and i do maths and further maths but at our school we do all the AS modules in year 12 and then the A2 in yr 13

so ive done...

C1 C2 M1 D1 S1 FP1...but i have to still do... C3 C4 M2 D2 FP2 S2

Latest