The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by kitkat19
ive said this somewhere on this thread but mines

FP1 FP2 D1 D2 M1 M2 ....i wish i had more pure and mechanics tbh...(i do stats in normal maths at my school)...

It seems that many people don't do FP3........
Reply 7981
Original post by Jamal B
Is this OCR? Cos if so, I hate their grade boundaries for S2 and I generally ****ing hate stats.

No. It is Edexcel.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7982
oh right for mine..

maths a level--> C1 C2 S1 C3 C4 S2(or M3 :wink:)

further maths a level---> FP1 M1 D1 FP2 M2 D2

:biggrin: And before people start screaming why the decision modules!!...i can honestly say i had no choice...after begging our teacher we got a good clean 'No!'

OCR? I know with them, the work in Decision is a piece of cake, time is the main issue, especially in D1 :sexface:
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
So you are going to apply for Maths, I'm guessing? Yeah, are you not considering Warwick then?

Well tbh id rather go to Durham than Warwick...durham is 5th and warwick is 4th on the league tables for maths so not much difference ther. But the offer for warwick is A*A*A 2 or A*AA 1....and durham is A*AA...so yeah...and its also hard to get an offer they have interview and everything...and after my core 2 exam went badly im also worried about getting A* in further maths....as in maths u only have to get 90 in C3 C4 but in futher u need 90 for all 3...imagine i screw up and only scrape an A on one exam....then ive messed up my chances...but ive still not totallly discounted it...might swap it for bath...
Original post by Jakeeyy
In its simplest form, you learn about the Constitution, the Judiciary, the Executive and the Legislature.

Pretty much the same then, in AS it's UK and then in A2 it's US

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey guys if anyone on here is a fan of the classic Spyro games, I have set up a society for it so join if you love the purple dragon! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2071
Well tbh id rather go to Durham than Warwick...durham is 5th and warwick is 4th on the league tables for maths so not much difference ther. But the offer for warwick is A*A*A 2 or A*AA 1....and durham is A*AA...so yeah...and its also hard to get an offer they have interview and everything...and after my core 2 exam went badly im also worried about getting A* in further maths....as in maths u only have to get 90 in C3 C4 but in futher u need 90 for all 3...imagine i screw up and only scrape an A on one exam....then ive messed up my chances...but ive still not totallly discounted it...might swap it for bath...

Ah okay fair enough :smile:
Reply 7987
Original post by Jack22031994
Pretty much the same then, in AS it's UK and then in A2 it's US

Yes, but in A2 you compare to the UK, as in AS where you compared to the US.

However, our Unit 4 had only been around since 2010, so we had two past papers to work with which was not fun at all :frown:
Original post by Jamal B
OCR? I know with them, the work in Decision is a piece of cake, time is the main issue, especially in D1 :sexface:

nope AQA....and yeah D1 was easy but the markscheme was really sly and there was a 4 and a 3 mark question which i knew i got wrong due to silly error but they cut off all the marks because the mark scheme was laid out so that no methos
d marks were awarded :frown: ...also because of the easy boundaries were high so i ended up with 83 when i was sure i had 90 :frown: ....and time was an issue for most people but i finished with 20mins to spare...but thats only coz im really fast at exams...core 1 was done in 40 mins :smile:

:sexface:
Ah okay fair enough :smile:

that is such a simple statement to my incredibly long post...i want some guidance...what should i do Warwick or Bath!!! :colondollar:
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Wish my school did FP3, I might self teach..

same!!...im self teachin but only coz its fun not to do the exam...
Original post by James A
I feel i got my A in Maths and Chemistry in the bag. I'm just worried that I won't get my B in Biology, but it's a 50:50 I reckon.

Same here.im worried that I wont get a B in biology. We will just have to wait and see.

that is such a simple statement to my incredibly long post...i want some guidance...what should i do Warwick or Bath!!! :colondollar:

Sorry :colondollar: well, I'm not an expert and my brother applied to Warwick and Bath so that isn't much help. But apparently Warwick is regarded as second to Cambridge for Maths. Bath has a nice Maths course, from looking at the modules, don't know so much about Warwick. You could always use the faithful 'ip dip doo' :tongue:
Original post by a5a09
In my opinion, the content of S2 is easier than that of S1. However, the grade boundaries of S2 don't look good.

Aah, I see. Which board?

oh right for mine..

maths a level--> C1 C2 S1 C3 C4 S2(or M3 :wink:)

further maths a level---> FP1 M1 D1 FP2 M2 D2

:biggrin: And before people start screaming why the decision modules!!...i can honestly say i had no choice...after begging our teacher we got a good clean 'No!'

You cannot have that combination, you have to do S2 For maths then :tongue:

For our year we have to due all core and mechanics for FM :biggrin:

Aaah, I see! That's good though isn't it?

For me:
Maths: C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1
F.Maths: FP1 FP2 FP3 M2 M3 S2
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Aah, I see. Which board?

For me:

Yup I'm happy with it, usually my school offers to be able to do some other applied modules but most people take the mechanics route, because it's more fun :tongue: Although I've heard M4 is a pain :redface:
Reply 7995
Aah, I see. Which board?

For me:

It is Edexcel.
Yup I'm happy with it, usually my school offers to be able to do some other applied modules but most people take the mechanics route, because it's more fun :tongue: Although I've heard M4 is a pain :redface:

Mechanics is more fun - I wish we had a choice (but I'm self teaching anyway). :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

That's so cool! M4 AND M5!! :biggrin: wjec don't even have those :9
Original post by Maths_Lover
Mechanics is more fun - I wish we had a choice (but I'm self teaching anyway). :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

I looked at one of the S1 past papers and I vaguely recalled some of the probablity notation from FSMQ :tongue: Mechanics is definitely the right way for me, although Decision has some Computer Science related stuff, but even then there's loads of good Maths in mechanics :biggrin:

That's so cool! M4 AND M5!! :biggrin: wjec don't even have those :9

I can't wait till we get onto those :tongue:

I can't wait till we get onto those :tongue:

I'm jealous!

Latest