The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GoingInsane
So the media, governement and society generally have an anti-drug stance and we are told over and over again, how drugs ruin lives, can kill you etc...

However, what are your experiences with drugs? Positive or negative? Do you think society should be more tolerent on the use fo drugs, seeing as alcohol which has numerous drawbacks for the individual and society is so widely accepted?

weed is nice
edit: so are cigarettes tbh, the bigger the bill the harder you ball'd
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by NB_ide
lol @ salvia being "fun". You're either not smoking it properly or you're one sick, masochistic freak.

Original post by iSoftie
forget salvia! my friend took it once on his own (because he is a loner like that) was on his couch and thought he was stuck in a desert full of bones and was yelling to see if anybody was there

That's strange that you've had bad experiences, I always have lovely trips involving cute animals haha.
My experiences have been good generally.

Alcohol

Spoiler

Cannabis

Spoiler

Ecstasy/MDMA.

Spoiler

Ketamine.

Spoiler

Cocaine.

Spoiler

Truffles.

Spoiler

LSD/shrooms/ayahusca.

Spoiler

On the politics side, I'm firmly on the full legalisation front.

Original post by Dolly786
Why should the NHS waste their money on saving people like u.
Your signing a death warrant when u take drugs, is that why people take them?

Go troll somewhere else.
I've never done any type of drug (apart from drinking alcohol). Many of my friends smoke weed and they get so ratty when they haven't. Also I wouldn't like to feel like I wasn't in control over my own mind and body which is a big aspect of most drugs. My mums a police officer so maybe that's a big reason why it really doesn't appeal to me.
In no way should drugs like coke or LSD be legalised. I don't know enough about weed to agree or disagree if it should be but I'm not bothered if my friends do it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've done em. I like em. I'd do em again. :dontknow:
Reply 25
First time I did weed was in my back garden after a BBQ with my mum watching :cool: hahahaha.
Original post by MorrisseyForever
I've never done any type of drug (apart from drinking alcohol). Many of my friends smoke weed and they get so ratty when they haven't. Also I wouldn't like to feel like I wasn't in control over my own mind and body which is a big aspect of most drugs. My mums a police officer so maybe that's a big reason why it really doesn't appeal to me.
In no way should drugs like coke or LSD be legalised. I don't know enough about weed to agree or disagree if it should be but I'm not bothered if my friends do it.

Why should 'in no way LSD' be legalised?
Reply 27
I have experiences with several drugs, although I've kind of passed that phase a few years back now. I still smoke pot a bit too regularly, and do notice it having a detrimental effect on how I think and behave if I smoke a lot of it within a short space of time, but that goes for almost everything.

I have also taken MDMA, acid, speed, cocaine, ketamine and mephedrone. I take MDMA when the opportunity arises, but no more than every couple of months, and I have had no bad experiences. I have done acid a few times, last time I did it I felt extremely depressed whilst on the drug, but aside from that one bad time it's been fine, and would do it again. Speed and cocaine, again, no bad experiences and I would do them both if the opportunity arose. Ketamine and mephedrone I would never touch again, and haven't in over two years, I now consider both to be fairly disgusting after several nights spent binging on both.

Although, it must be said that alcohol has probably caused more bad experiences for me than any illicit drug.

Original post by iSoftie
Weed I think not many people know what they are talking about when they want it legalised: I don't want it legalised because it'd be much more expensive! Also all this skunk/haze/cheese they aren't good for you your best bet it homegrown since all these chemicals really can stay up in that brain of yours and cause you hell.
I suppose that depends on where you live, but in my area the average dealers are weighing out ~1.5g for £20, which is expensive, if it was legalised it would be taxed, but probably would still be at a cheaper rate than that, plus you'd actually be able to choose the strain you were buying instead of taking the dealers word that it's "strawberry cheese". Plus, you do realise that those are just various strains of marijuana, not caused by treating a crop with chemicals.
Reply 28
Original post by Dolly786
Why should the NHS waste their money on saving people like u.
Your signing a death warrant when u take drugs, is that why people take them? It's a temp fix, wouldn't it be better if u lot jumped under a train. ?

You are essentially telling another human being that they are worth nothing and should go and kill themselves. Kind of destroys the whole "holier then thou" thing you are trying. I think most people would prefer associate with recreational drug users then someone with such a snotty, ****ty attitude.
Original post by iSoftie
Smoked weed literally everyday for a few months o.o it's **** you end up rolling eighth joints and not even getting high. You also feel lazy/grudgy/depressed/selfish :frown:

Ever heard of moderation? DUMBASS.
I was just giving examples of drugs that personally I consider bad. To be honest the only drugs I dont look down on completely is alcohol and weed because it hadn't effected my friends badly.
It's my opinion though, you can do what you want but personally I think they are illegal for a reason.

Reply 31
I don't do any drugs whatsoever, not even alcohol. I abhor them, really. I guess growing up I've seen too many people have their lives ruined by them - alcohol especially, friends and family dying as a result of it or bringing sadness and frustration to their loved ones. Old friends have been left with nothing, homeless and practically doolally, because of their drug addictions. Nothing good comes out of them, none whatsoever. I used to be especially vehement about them and anyone who tried them, but I've grown more laid back and realised I should leave people to do what they wish instead of forcing my opinion. I just don't see the point of putting something into your body that is so bad for it and potentially life-threatening or life-ruining, merely for the sake of some "trip."

When it comes to alcohol, if people are having social drinks around me or whatever I'm absolutely fine, but it's when it becomes excessive, they get roaring drunk and embarrass themselves or they try to force it on me because it's some kind of odd societal expectation that everyone over the age of 16 must drink or you're boring or uptight.
Never had any problems with any drugs, weed just helps you chill out, sure you can't really be arsed to do anything for a couple of days after a proper session but nothing too bad.

had mdma a few times, no problems great and not really much of a comedown for me.

Tbh the most damaging thing is alcohol, if I have had a **** time with something alcohol is what you hit. Nothing makes you more pathetic and self pitying than alcohol!
Original post by MorrisseyForever
In no way should drugs like coke or LSD be legalised.

Controversial...
Original post by IlexBlue
I don't do any drugs whatsoever, not even alcohol. I abhor them, really. I guess growing up I've seen too many people have their lives ruined by them - alcohol especially, friends and family dying as a result of it or bringing sadness and frustration to their loved ones. Old friends have been left with nothing, homeless and practically doolally, because of their drug addictions.

But that only really applies to potentially addictive drugs, like heroin and cocaine. Drugs I don't think most people would do (apart from alcohol and smoking)

Original post by IlexBlue
Nothing good comes out of them, none whatsoever. I used to be especially vehement about them and anyone who tried them, but I've grown more laid back and realised I should leave people to do what they wish instead of forcing my opinion. I just don't see the point of putting something into your body that is so bad for it and potentially life-threatening or life-ruining, merely for the sake of some "trip."

Many people do far riskier things for much less reason. Skiing and horseriding can be pretty dangerous. As can crossing a road. Riding your bike or driving a car. All potentially "life-threatening" and "life-ruining". Much more often the pleasure and enjoyment it brings outweighs any potential harm.
Never taken any, but a lot of my family members have, and pretty much the entirety of my family's social circle have taken/do drugs. Hasn't done them any harm. Anything can kill if you're stupid enough about it, and taking drugs in moderation isn't a bag thing imo.

Think weed should be legalised definitely. But not right now, as some people I know are making a huge profit growing it at home :tongue: so maybe later :lol: I haven't looked much into other drugs, but it seems to make more sense to me to have them legalised and controlled.
Reply 36
I've tried MDMA about ten times and I think it's amazing. I would much rather take it than drink on a night out. It makes the music absolutely amazing and I just feel so blissful and happy. I'd take it every night out if I could.

I've drank and taken it twice and that makes me completely forget what happened. The first time I got with my best female friend thinking she was my boyfriend. Freaked me out so much the next morning when I found out just because it could have been anyone. I took something which they said was MD at a festival, but it either wasn't or was mixed with something else because after I took it I couldn't open my eyes and I thought my face was a hamster face. Then I lay in a tent for an hour thinking I was dying.

I tried weed once but had too much and puked my guts out.
Reply 37
I've tried all of the common drugs. Weed, alcohol, cocaine, shrooms, MDMA, speed. All of them were enjoyable apart from this one time I got conned a bag of weed that was laced with bleach. Worst experience of my life, I felt like I was going to die in the alleyway I collapsed in.

I don't have any grips with drugs. It's all about moderation. Couple of lines of coke are fine, just don't go and blow £100 in a binge. I've got a gluttonous personality myself, but I can control myself and realize when it's time to stop. Also, I try to never use drugs for comfort. That's when you start becoming reliant, and eventually addicted. I only use drugs with friends with the occasional spliff or glass of whiskey in the evening by myself, and when I create artistically. The later produces amazing results and can really enhance your abilities. I got an A* in my coursework, with a short story I wrote while high as hell and drunk on whiskey. :P
Reply 38
Original post by suffocation1992
(1) ''I do drugs to relax'' - have a cup of tea or a glass of wine.

You obviously have no ****ing clue what you're on about. Please stop being a close minded ignoramus and join the discussion when you can actually distinguish what drugs are.
Original post by suffocation1992
Aren't you a rebel? I'd be worried if I was you, that sounds like a drug problem. Get a life and get help!

Drugs are just sad - I don't understand why people are comparing it to overeating. They are MIND ALTERING intoxicants.

(1) ''I do drugs to relax'' - have a cup of tea or a glass of wine.

(2) ''I do drugs for fun'' - find a hobby or gf/bf

(3) ''Weed is safe, alcohol is more dangerous'' - really? Ever wondered why some people with a history of cannabis addiction (and it is highly addictive) seem a bit 'slow'? Not to mention alcohol is more socially acceptable. Weed, like all drugs, is just trashy and low.

I don't understand why people can't just play sports or have a healthy hobby instead of drug taking? Sports are free, healthy, social, make you feel amazing and add years to your life and keep you mentally fit :smile:

Wow. Just...wow. The level of ignorance displayed here is absolutely astounding.

Latest

Trending

Trending