The Student Room Group

Postage stamps, cheapest way to buy in bulk?

Hi everybody,

I need to buy about 80 stamps, what would the cheapest way be? I know the prices have gone up and 1st class stamps are now 60p (so it'd cost me £30 pounds if I went for individual retail prices, for 50 stamps).

I appreciate any advice, thank you in advance.

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
:bump:
Reply 2
The only place I can think of that might be cheaper is Costco, other than that you're stuck paying the price the post office sells them for.
Franked mail is slightly cheaper, so if you know a small business with a franking machine perhaps ask them you can use it.
Reply 4
Maybe amazon? What on earth d'you need 80 for? O.o
Generally... no. There aren't discounts on stamps other than I've seen superdrug sell them with 5% off sometimes. 80 stamps isn't that much either, so it might be too small an amount to be anywhere like costco etc.
Reply 6
Original post by twinlensreflex

Mail spamming has become less practised since the advent of the internet, but some still believe it can be effective.
Reply 7
You can sometimes get them cheaper from Ebay, but be careful because some are used stamps where the franking mark has been removed. If Royal Mail detect this then the person you're sending the letter to will have to pay the postage again, plus a £1 handling charge.
Reply 8
Original post by Norton1
Mail spamming has become less practised since the advent of the internet, but some still believe it can be effective.

:bootyshake:
Original post by twinlensreflex

My sister's getting married, I need to send out invites. :awesome:

Original post by trojan10_om
Franked mail is slightly cheaper, so if you know a small business with a franking machine perhaps ask them you can use it.

Thanks, I'm going to try this.
Reply 9
Original post by linkdapink
Generally... no. There aren't discounts on stamps other than I've seen superdrug sell them with 5% off sometimes. 80 stamps isn't that much either, so it might be too small an amount to be anywhere like costco etc.

I've never heard of Costco, it looks american to me.
Reply 10
Costco won't help you. There are no cheaper "official" methods of buying Royal Mail stamps - the price is it, I'm afraid. There are offers on Ebay, but as someone said, they are generally fake, any genuine owner of mint stamps can get full value back at a post office, they will buy unused stamps back at face value. Sorry, there isn't a cheap option.
You can bulk buy in Staples, but I can't promise if it's any cheaper that way...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending