Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope...not me
Reply 2
what is the SAC handbook? i do salters
Reply 3
jay
what is the SAC handbook? i do salters

SAC handbook = salters advances chemistry handbook. i know my teachers have the book, i remember getting some things out of them but havent them here.

just get the exam papers instead to use, they are much better because they are obv more like the real thing. and in revision guides there are questions also. there is a Heinman chem revision guide especially for salters which is helpful, altho ive not had much of a chance to look at it yet!!

and also, try to write your own questions to yourself when you're writing your notes? writing the questions will also help you revise :smile:

good luck with the chem, although im not going to give away all my luck, im going to need it to with chemistry salters! lol:biggrin:
i have the exam papers. they are on my college website..
Is it me or is there loads to learn in the first two modules and hardly anything in the last three? Or maybe its because we did them more recently I remember more.....Either way, there's loads to learn and I've got a DF and EL mock tomorrow :eek: Just looked at some past papers and they scare me!
does anyone know where we can get any past papers from?
Reply 7
Marvi
Is it me or is there loads to learn in the first two modules and hardly anything in the last three? Or maybe its because we did them more recently I remember more.....Either way, there's loads to learn and I've got a DF and EL mock tomorrow :eek: Just looked at some past papers and they scare me!

I dunno about you...but to me the Atmosphere unit is huge...and extremely boring to sit through and learn. Definitely the worst unit out of the lot I reckon, though DF comes close.
Reply 8
Nichrome
I dunno about you...but to me the Atmosphere unit is huge...and extremely boring to sit through and learn. Definitely the worst unit out of the lot I reckon, though DF comes close.

we were told that the DF was the longest, but after making notes on that topic and on the one of M, the M was double the size! but i think thats cos i make more notes on what i dont understand.

i prefer the EL and DF stuff to the rest- easier! DF i prefer, its all logical maths stuff, and EL is just the "bridging topic".

the rest however... i agree with you on the A topic!
Loz2402

i prefer the EL and DF stuff to the rest- easier! DF i prefer, its all logical maths stuff, and EL is just the "bridging topic".

EL is ok but i HATE DF!! I'm really not a maths person (although stuipidly I am doing maths AS lol) so I'm rubbish at the calculations. I don't think they're massivly hard, but I haven't bothered to revise them properly yet cos they're so boring!:redface: I actually quite like atmosphere becuase its quite interesting....its hard tho. Can't wait till its all over! :biggrin:
arr weve got an Atmosphere exam on Friday for 1hour...,. yuck... in the atmosphere tho sum of the stuff seems easier but it reli isnt.. lyk all the volumes of gases 24 cm 3 n everything.. rrrrghh i got get an A in dis damn subject :frown: dnt u fink its stupid though givin us da open book exam 2 weeks before the deadline .. i mean im gna b half dead by the exams because i got my biology coursework to do as well!!
Reply 11
prinzessin1988
dnt u fink its stupid though givin us da open book exam 2 weeks before the deadline .. i mean im gna b half dead by the exams because i got my biology coursework to do as well!!

the open book exam is different to coursework because of the 2 week deadline. i think its designed to see if we can write a good report in a timed amount, like people have to do out there in the "real world" lol.

and bad luck about your biology coursework, but its only down to your school about the clashing. i know in our 6th form, the biologists (and physicists and us chemists) have all got the coursework out of the way and did our open book beginning of march. so now we just have to revise! (sounds more simple than it is :smile:)
Reply 12
Marvi
EL is ok but i HATE DF!! I'm really not a maths person (although stuipidly I am doing maths AS lol) so I'm rubbish at the calculations. I don't think they're massivly hard, but I haven't bothered to revise them properly yet cos they're so boring!:redface: I actually quite like atmosphere becuase its quite interesting....its hard tho. Can't wait till its all over! :biggrin:

I hate all of it :p: , can't wait to drop chemistry really. I still don't believe some of the things we are taught, and theres way too much to learn, EL, DF, and ATM would have done, but no there has to be the PR as well :|

Also this open book paper is on something we haven't done yet, apparently that doesn't matter but seriously it doesn't help at all.. plus i haven't even read it yet and the deadline is a week away.
EL IS a silly topic, its just the fundamentals, its quite funny though to look back at A2 and laugh at how easy it was..although at the time it seemed terribly hard :frown:
Reply 14
Gothic_Nightmares
EL IS a silly topic, its just the fundamentals, its quite funny though to look back at A2 and laugh at how easy it was..although at the time it seemed terribly hard :frown:

Dat is soo tru..
well i got a shameful 52% but never mind on that test we have DF test today.. i soo totally rock at DF though so it should b gud!!
Don't worry, last year I got 23% in my developing fuels test, hohoho!
salters sucks!! is it just me or is it a horrible syllabus that is hard to teach effectively too?! our teacher is pants (Actually i'll give him credit-he is improving but a little late for me to take full advantage of it) so that didn't help! I think it's awful. does any1 have any revision resources or strategies that they've found v helpful?

gem x
Reply 18
Pink_Chick
salters sucks!! is it just me or is it a horrible syllabus that is hard to teach effectively too?! our teacher is pants (Actually i'll give him credit-he is improving but a little late for me to take full advantage of it) so that didn't help! I think it's awful. does any1 have any revision resources or strategies that they've found v helpful?

gem x

If you can find the little yellow Phillip Allen revision guides they are the *******s for Salters chemistry. I remember getting around 50% on the practice tests for the June AS module (forgotten which one it is now, all horrible electrophilic stuff in there), and my only revision was to read the yellow book trying to remember as much as I could, and I ended up with 100% in the exam, despite having spent the last half a year in complete confusion about what we were doing! Same for this year's Jan exam (though Only 96% :rolleyes: ) and Goddamn it hopefully it will work for this next one cos Christ knows rigfht now I'm as lost as ever in lessons ... So yeah, don't bother with revision notes, and certainly dont bother with Storylines (like the 5 or so facts you actually need to know from that whole mass of text are in the guide), just follow the yellow book road to Salters exam success!
Reply 19
do you mean like this book here?

Latest