The Student Room Group

Edexcel or AQA?

For Biology and Chemistry i get to choose out of AQA (which i am doing at GCSE) or Pearson Edexcel. Is there a big difference will it greatly impact my test score.
From what I was told at IGCSE (the international version, just a bit harder) Pearson Edexcel is harder so a good mark will probably look more impressive. There may also be a difference in the format of the exam papers.
Original post by niamhcheesecake
For Biology and Chemistry i get to choose out of AQA (which i am doing at GCSE) or Pearson Edexcel. Is there a big difference will it greatly impact my test score.

I know for Edexcel Biology at A-level, there are two different options either Biology A (Salters-Nuffield) or B, I can tell you more about A if that is the one you are looking at but if it is B my opinion won't be particularly useful
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I know for Edexcel Biology at A-level, there are two different options either Biology A (Salters-Nuffield) or B, I can tell you more about A if that is the one you are looking at but if it is B my opinion won't be particularly useful

It does not say on their website :frown:
Please can you tell me about option A?
Original post by niamhcheesecake
It does not say on their website :frown:
Please can you tell me about option A?

Option A focuses more on real world application of Biology than most other courses. Each of the 8 topics has a story that you link the Biology to. You still have to study the same science but you don't just have a topic on cells, you will learn about animal cells in the context of genetics and plant cells in the context of natural resources.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Option A focuses more on real world application of Biology than most other courses. Each of the 8 topics has a story that you link the Biology to. You still have to study the same science but you don't just have a topic on cells, you will learn about animal cells in the context of genetics and plant cells in the context of natural resources.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest