The Student Room Group

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by bubblegum94
i just got an email today from manchester uni they've given me an interview!! :smile:. does any one know what the process is like ?

good luck! :smile:
*waves to fellow biology lovers* :hi:

Is a marine biology applicant welcome? :colondollar:
(wasn't sure what you meant by 'biological sciences', the course of the same name or the group of subjects :tongue: )
Reply 382
Original post by Where'sPerry?
*waves to fellow biology lovers* :hi:

Is a marine biology applicant welcome? :colondollar:
(wasn't sure what you meant by 'biological sciences', the course of the same name or the group of subjects :tongue: )

Of course you're welcome :hugs:

Where are you applying? :h:
Original post by lilGem
good luck! :smile:

thanks xx
Original post by lilGem
Of course you're welcome :hugs:

Where are you applying? :h:

Yay! :hugs:

Very soon; just emailed my fifth draft of my PS to my tutor as I'm not in tomorrow (no timetabled lessons, my sixth form is stupid). It should be the last, as there was only one sentence he had an issue with! Then he's forwarding my reference that he's written to our exams/UCAS officer, so the process is going along well. :smile:

I'm applying to Southampton (two different but similar courses), Liverpool, Bangor and Plymouth!
Reply 385
Yay! :hugs:

Very soon; just emailed my fifth draft of my PS to my tutor as I'm not in tomorrow (no timetabled lessons, my sixth form is stupid). It should be the last, as there was only one sentence he had an issue with! Then he's forwarding my reference that he's written to our exams/UCAS officer, so the process is going along well. :smile:

I'm applying to Southampton (two different but similar courses), Liverpool, Bangor and Plymouth!

ooh good luck! :biggrin:

I live quite close to Southampton so if you have any questions about life around here I'll be happy to answer :h:
Original post by lilGem
ooh good luck! :biggrin:

I live quite close to Southampton so if you have any questions about life around here I'll be happy to answer :h:

Thanks! I adore Southampton, definitely my first choice :wink:

Does anyone know whether you can be made a higher offer than what is stated on a uni's website/prospectus? I won't achieve my predicted grades, they're insane. Highest one I'm applying for is AAB, please don't go up!! :rolleyes:
Reply 387
Thanks! I adore Southampton, definitely my first choice :wink:

Does anyone know whether you can be made a higher offer than what is stated on a uni's website/prospectus? I won't achieve my predicted grades, they're insane. Highest one I'm applying for is AAB, please don't go up!! :rolleyes:

:woo:

I highly doubt it :smile:
Original post by lilGem
:woo:

I highly doubt it :smile:

Aha yay. I don't know how medicine applicants deal with the pressure of A*A*A offers and the like, I'm paranoid about AAB :')
Reply 389
Aha yay. I don't know how medicine applicants deal with the pressure of A*A*A offers and the like, I'm paranoid about AAB :')

I know :afraid: I would be over the moon with AAB :')
Original post by lilGem
I know :afraid: I would be over the moon with AAB :')

Exactly, they are really good grades! I am cautiously aiming for an A* in Biology though, since I got 94% overall at AS. I know it will be sooooooo hard (the unit 4 essay on AQA is horrendous, we have done a few practice ones) but it's my favourite subject and I want to show how passionate I am about it :redface:

What other subjects do you do? People always think I am applying for maths since I take further maths :tongue:

Edit: I think I mean unit 5 lol, the unit numbers confuse me XD
Reply 391
Hello everyone!
Applying for medicine but also applied for 'Anatomy and human biology' at the university of Liverpool.. And got a conditional offer today! My first :smile: really excited and would love to do this degree! :biggrin:
Original post by Yasmyn
Hello everyone!
Applying for medicine but also applied for 'Anatomy and human biology' at the university of Liverpool.. And got a conditional offer today! My first :smile: really excited and would love to do this degree! :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 393
Exactly, they are really good grades! I am cautiously aiming for an A* in Biology though, since I got 94% overall at AS. I know it will be sooooooo hard (the unit 4 essay on AQA is horrendous, we have done a few practice ones) but it's my favourite subject and I want to show how passionate I am about it :redface:

What other subjects do you do? People always think I am applying for maths since I take further maths :tongue:

Edit: I think I mean unit 5 lol, the unit numbers confuse me XD

As am I, but I'm a human biologist :rolleyes:

by5 is notorious with WJEC :lol:

I already have A2 history, economics and general studies and this year I'm finishing off A2 human biology and I've picked up AS chemistry and psychology :smile: what about you? :smile:

Original post by Yasmyn
Hello everyone!

:hi: welcome to the thread!

Congrats! good luck with your medical application :biggrin:
Reply 394
Original post by lilGem

:hi: welcome to the thread!

Congrats! good luck with your medical application :biggrin:

Thank you! Biology is the best :banana:
Original post by lilGem
As am I, but I'm a human biologist :rolleyes:

by5 is notorious with WJEC :lol:

I already have A2 history, economics and general studies and this year I'm finishing off A2 human biology and I've picked up AS chemistry and psychology :smile: what about you? :smile:

Ah, sweet! I've done A2 Geography, finished that in year 12, and I'm doing biology, maths and F.maths at A2 level this year. I wish I had done chemistry instead of FM but I got slightly dodgy advice :redface: Don't get me wrong, I love doing further maths, but chemistry opens up so many more options. Just regular maths would have been enough, I think. My old chemistry teacher hassles me in the hallways about not taking chem, it's slightly scary

Off to bed now, TSR always distracts me :tongue:

Night! Hope to talk to you all soon, other applicants! :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by Yasmyn
Thank you! Biology is the best :banana:

It is :yep:

I realised how much I sound like my biology teacher when I talked about "the beauty of the biochemistry of respiration" he said the same thing in a lesson soon after :lol:

Ah, sweet! I've done A2 Geography, finished that in year 12, and I'm doing biology, maths and F.maths at A2 level this year. I wish I had done chemistry instead of FM but I got slightly dodgy advice :redface: Don't get me wrong, I love doing further maths, but chemistry opens up so many more options. Just regular maths would have been enough, I think. My old chemistry teacher hassles me in the hallways about not taking chem, it's slightly scary

Off to bed now, TSR always distracts me :tongue:

Night! Hope to talk to you all soon, other applicants! :smile:

oh nice combination :h:

I didn't realise how much I loved biology until part way through my A2 year (I'm a third year) so I'm doing everything I can to get into it :')

:hugs: my GCSE teacher at my old school sneered at me for not initially taking biology and chemistry :colondollar: I'm so glad I do them now though :biggrin:

night! :biggrin:
Reply 397
Sheffield changed their mind today and gave me an offer: AAB :biggrin:

4/4 offers so far :dance:
Reply 398
offer of ABB from Birmingham :smile:
Reply 399
Original post by Gulzar
offer of ABB from Birmingham :smile:

congrats! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest