The Student Room Group

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Check out the University of Derby! We offer biology and loads more. www.derby.ac.uk and you can start in January!! Any question Ask me direct.
Reply 781
Anyone have an interview at oxford?
Reply 782
Original post by Secondus2

One of my friends has an interview and there's another poster as well :h:
Original post by Secondus2

hiii, I think i'm that other poster :smile:
About to send my application. :colone:
I've got an offer from Liverpool for Biological Sciences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
and also from LJMU for Biomed :smile:
Reply 786
Original post by Jessicafaye
Just sent my application in! Southampton, Liverpool, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Aberystwyth what about you? :smile:

Nearly the same :smile: I sent mine off a month ago and have offers from Liverpool, Plymouth, Essex and Swansea and an interview for Southampton next week, so nervous!
Original post by DaniO
Nearly the same :smile: I sent mine off a month ago and have offers from Liverpool, Plymouth, Essex and Swansea and an interview for Southampton next week, so nervous!

Well done!!! that's awesome, i sent mine to my school three weeks ago but they've only just managed to send it of :s-smilie: oh well so long as i get an offer from somewhere <thats not portsmouth> i'll be pleased. Good luck with your interview :smile:
Woooo just sent off UCAS application :biggrin:
applying for Biology at:
Bristol
Newcastle
Nottingham
Leeds
Sussex
Anyone got an offer from Warwick for Biological Sciences?
Hey everyone. :biggrin:
I think I'm a bit late to the thread, I was actually trying to find more information about UCL when I found this.
I have applied to Oxford University, Sheffield, St. Andrew's, UCL and Imperial. I have an interview in Oxford next week (anyone else? would be nice to meet up), and conditional offers from all the other unis except for UCL. UCL sent me their questionnaire. I'm not expecting an offer from them since I really didn't care to answer the questions properly. So, is there a date for UCL rejection letters to come out?
Nice to meet you all and thank you for any help. ^^
Reply 791
Welcome to the thread newcomers and best of luck for your applications, and also and belated congratulations to everyone who has recieved an offer or interview thus far :h:
Original post by serendipity2012
I think I'm a bit late to the thread, I was actually trying to find more information about UCL when I found this.
I have applied to Oxford University, Sheffield, St. Andrew's, UCL and Imperial. I have an interview in Oxford next week (anyone else? would be nice to meet up), and conditional offers from all the other unis except for UCL. UCL sent me their questionnaire. I'm not expecting an offer from them since I really didn't care to answer the questions properly. So, is there a date for UCL rejection letters to come out?

Hey 4/5 of your choices are the same as mine ahah (bristol instead of St. Andrews) :tongue: well done on your offers so far, I also have offers from all but sheffield and oxford where I have interviews. I don't think there's a specific date to for ucl rejections, I went to the open day yesterday and they said after you answer the questionnaire they either reject, accept or if your answers were okay they put your application on hold to compare with the next batch of applicants so don't write off ucl completely :smile:
Which college at oxford are you staying at and when are you planning on arriving?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by serendipity2012

Hi, I applied for Human Sciences at UCL, not Biology but I think other people on this thread experienced something similar.

I was emailed the questionnaire on a Wednesday evening and told to get it back to them no later than the next Thursday. I filled it in and sent it back a week later (so the next Wednesday). On the Thursday I got an email saying that they had received my questionnaire and would get in touch shortly. On the Friday I got an email from them saying my application was successful and that I would have to go to an open day to make it an official offer.

Basically, there was a very quick turn around for me once I sent my questionnaire, so hopefully it shouldn't take too long for them to get back to you :smile:
I also have an interview at Oxford :biggrin: what colleges have you guys applied for?
Original post by miss_spell
I also have an interview at Oxford :biggrin: what colleges have you guys applied for?

LMH :smile: and you?
My interview is at St Hilda's, I'm flying in all the way from Brazil on the 2nd.
And, thank you all who responded. (: It's been over a week since UCL received and acknowledged my questionnaire, but no response yet. I'm guessing I'm on hold until the next batch or something.
Reply 797
Hello I am Greek and applying for bio in the UK.
I have sent off my application to the following unis with these grades.
Bio:A(100% in paper 1) prediction A-A*
Chem:A prediction A
Physics:B(resit) prediction A
Greek:A(well of course) Dropped
UCl
Edinburgh
Bristol
Sussex
UEA

Now I sent off my application recently and was wondering if I got an interview at UCL what sort of questions i would be asked and so on. Further more I was wondering if it was possible for me to have an interview even though I am not from good old Britania.
If so then how would I contact UCL, thorough their portal thing or through email?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by stavyros
Hello I am Greek and applying for bio in the UK.
I have sent off my application to the following unis with these grades.
Bio:A(100% in paper 1) prediction A-A*
Chem:A prediction A
Physics:B(resit) prediction A
Greek:A(well of course) Dropped
UCl
Edinburgh
Bristol
Sussex
UEA

Now I sent off my application recently and was wondering if I got an interview at UCL what sort of questions i would be asked and so on. Further more I was wondering if it was possible for me to have an interview even though I am not from good old Britania.
If so then how would I contact UCL, thorough their portal thing or through email.

Hiii :smile:
I have an offer from UCL and I can tell you they don't interview internationals or home students. If they are considering offering you a place they will send you a questionnaire by email and after you return it they either reject you or make you an offer conditional upon attending an open day. However they don't expect international applicants to visit if its too far/expensive and being an international won't impact on your chance of getting an offer. So I guess all you can do now is wait for the questionnaire and then hopefully their offer. GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

PS. If you want to contact UCL i'd do it by email as its often the quickest way to get a reply

Also, if your curious, the questionnaire basically asks you to expand on the stuff in your personal statement and explain why biology and what do you want from the degree :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 799
Original post by pinkfairyarmadillo
Hiii :smile:
I have an offer from UCL and I can tell you they don't interview internationals or home students. If they are considering offering you a place they will send you a questionnaire by email and after you return it they either reject you or make you an offer conditional upon attending an open day. However they don't expect international applicants to visit if its too far/expensive and being an international won't impact on your chance of getting an offer. So I guess all you can do now is wait for the questionnaire and then hopefully their offer. GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

PS. If you want to contact UCL i'd do it by email as its often the quickest way to get a reply

Also, if your curious, the questionnaire basically asks you to expand on the stuff in your personal statement and explain why biology and what do you want from the degree :smile:

Thank you very much for your reply.
I would like to ask with what sort of grades you applied and when you applied? Im a little skittish you see. Aslo I would like you to tell me how long the questionare is, and if it is tailored for each applicant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending