The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Deyesy
An inconsistent friend. It's now awkward between me and Liv since her and this friend that the friendship had ended with are rather close friends. I said I wanted to isolate myself from my friends. I'm succeeding.

mm, are you really sure you want to do that? I can understand with an inconsistent friend to an extent but im sure some of your friends really do care about you and won't want to be pushed away (I also still think once you feel better you will regret pushing people away), please think carefully about things and make sure you are okay :hugs:
Reply 381
Original post by SciFiRory

the fact you managed to make friends before though is good, it shows you can and people do want to be your friend :smile: I know it's harder when you feel down, but you seem like a really nice person on here and like I said you managed it before and im sure you will again!

mm, could you ask your GP for a diagnosis officially do you think? and it's awful you feel that low, but it's good you don't think you will act on it :hugs:

I changed cause it's what I know most about/got my best module results for so it made sense :smile:

ended up sleeping in the day again (hence up now!)

not sure really, the ones that seemed to work before they stopped for me were Nytol so you could try those.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be posting about making new friends and that I was worrying for no reason! You seem like a nice person too! Everyone on this friend seems amazing and it sucks that the thing linking us is negative and sad.

I was intending to go but because I'm working in a school during my year abroad I found out I need to be deemed as mentally fit... I didn't think going to a doctor so close to me moving would be a good thing because it might potentially affect my placement. It is awful. It's one of the reasons I'm terrified of being alone because my thoughts get so negative when I'm alone and have nothing to do but think.

Ah ok. Hope you enjoy it :smile:.

It's good you managed to sleep.

Cool thanks for the suggestion!
Reply 382
Original post by luno
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be posting about making new friends and that I was worrying for no reason! You seem like a nice person too! Everyone on this friend seems amazing and it sucks that the thing linking us is negative and sad.

I was intending to go but because I'm working in a school during my year abroad I found out I need to be deemed as mentally fit... I didn't think going to a doctor so close to me moving would be a good thing because it might potentially affect my placement. It is awful. It's one of the reasons I'm terrified of being alone because my thoughts get so negative when I'm alone and have nothing to do but think.

Ah ok. Hope you enjoy it :smile:.

It's good you managed to sleep.

Cool thanks for the suggestion!

hopefully yeah :smile: im sure you will meet lot's of nice people! and it's true, people here are lovely :h:

oh, that is a bit awkward then yeah :/ mm, how long do you have to make your decision? it sounds like you need to really think things over.

thanks, I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do too :smile:

yeah, though awake again now so sleep pattern is still a bit of a mess :s-smilie:

no worries, hope it helps!

---

just made a post that I feel proud of - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2122899&p=39599141#post39599141

I imagine most people will hate it, but idk, I feel good posting what I really believe and that people should be okay with who they are, I get sick to death of people being intolerant of people just being themselves just because who some people are doesn't "conform" to what society wants/believes in.

/rant over :tongue:
Reply 383
hehe, that is really cool, made me smile :smile:

:hugs: anything in particular about Uni making you anxious and stuff?

One of my best mates at uni is now my housemate and I'm panicking I'm going to lose her as a friend by living with her (kinda happened with my old housemate) not to mention our other housemate/landlord, didn't tell me he wanted me to sort out keys and I came back to our old housemates mess in our house as she hadn't cleaned it. My bf has just been put on ADs himself and we're now back to long distance and I feel like I can't help him. Plus i need to work out my dissertation and I have no idea what i want to do.
Reply 384
Original post by 22KT22
One of my best mates at uni is now my housemate and I'm panicking I'm going to lose her as a friend by living with her (kinda happened with my old housemate) not to mention our other housemate/landlord, didn't tell me he wanted me to sort out keys and I came back to our old housemates mess in our house as she hadn't cleaned it. My bf has just been put on ADs himself and we're now back to long distance and I feel like I can't help him. Plus i need to work out my dissertation and I have no idea what i want to do.

well, I would imagine if they are a good friend then living with them won't make them stop liking you or anything :smile: can you ask for help sorting out the keys maybe? and that's not nice of your old housemate, can you ask them to clean things up or will you have to sort it yourself? that sucks, if you can't see each other maybe if you call/skype him when you can and offer any support you can that way instead? well, think about what you think you would best be able to do it on would be my advice for that :smile: I hope you get things sorted as best you can and feel a bit more able to cope :hugs:
Reply 385
****ing student finance :colonhash:

when I called them before transferring they said it was as simple as calling them to change a code...

call them today having transferred...and they told me I had to re-apply online, which I did, now they want my birth certificate off me (again) and they told me it would take up to 20 days to process :mad:

on top of that UWE still haven't given me my timetable online nor does my online thing even register what course I am on, so called them but no reply so left a message asking them to call me back ASAP, have an awful, awful feeling that they haven't done stuff cause they won't let me start till student finance is sorted, if that's the case then I am utterly ****ed.

so angry and wound up right now I wanna scream.

why can NOTHING just go okay? always has to be ****ing complications :cry2:
Reply 386
well, I would imagine if they are a good friend then living with them won't make them stop liking you or anything :smile: can you ask for help sorting out the keys maybe? and that's not nice of your old housemate, can you ask them to clean things up or will you have to sort it yourself? that sucks, if you can't see each other maybe if you call/skype him when you can and offer any support you can that way instead? well, think about what you think you would best be able to do it on would be my advice for that :smile: I hope you get things sorted as best you can and feel a bit more able to cope :hugs:

Old housemate moved out before summer and left a dirty freezer, mouldy food in the fridge and instead of leaving the keys where asked left them with next door cue me having to work out where said keys had been left before new housemate moved in so that situation has already been sorted not before i pissed off my friends mum by apparently being rude!

My diss superviisor is a person i don't know as we don't get to pick ours which isn't helping, i at one point wanted to do it on drama but am now thinking that may be very hard to do so am going to do some reading in the library to try and sort out the idea in my head.
Reply 387
****ing student finance :colonhash:

when I called them before transferring they said it was as simple as calling them to change a code...

call them today having transferred...and they told me I had to re-apply online, which I did, now they want my birth certificate off me (again) and they told me it would take up to 20 days to process :mad:

on top of that UWE still haven't given me my timetable online nor does my online thing even register what course I am on, so called them but no reply so left a message asking them to call me back ASAP, have an awful, awful feeling that they haven't done stuff cause they won't let me start till student finance is sorted, if that's the case then I am utterly ****ed.

so angry and wound up right now I wanna scream.

why can NOTHING just go okay? always has to be ****ing complications :cry2:

Our uni allows us to provisionally register whilst finance isn't a 100% so I'm sure UWE will (by the way I loved the uni when i visited for a conference). Is there a way you could go in and speak to someone?

I'm worried that due to my retake i wont get my finance as i haven't been able to register... will not be pleased.
Reply 388
Original post by 22KT22
Old housemate moved out before summer and left a dirty freezer, mouldy food in the fridge and instead of leaving the keys where asked left them with next door cue me having to work out where said keys had been left before new housemate moved in so that situation has already been sorted not before i pissed off my friends mum by apparently being rude!

My diss superviisor is a person i don't know as we don't get to pick ours which isn't helping, i at one point wanted to do it on drama but am now thinking that may be very hard to do so am going to do some reading in the library to try and sort out the idea in my head.

that's crap of them :/ it's good you found the keys though!

they don't? that's less than ideal yeah, hopefully the reading helps you figure things out :smile:

Original post by 22KT22
Our uni allows us to provisionally register whilst finance isn't a 100% so I'm sure UWE will (by the way I loved the uni when i visited for a conference). Is there a way you could go in and speak to someone?

I'm worried that due to my retake i wont get my finance as i haven't been able to register... will not be pleased.

well, the thing I did on Saturday was a provisional thing yeah, though I don't understand why my course/timetable aren't coming up yet :s-smilie: like I said I left them a message, might call them again though in a bit!

if it's a retake surely they should be okay with it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 389
that's crap of them :/ it's good you found the keys though!

they don't? that's less than ideal yeah, hopefully the reading helps you figure things out :smile:

well, the thing I did on Saturday was a provisional thing yeah, though I don't understand why my course/timetable aren't coming up yet :s-smilie: like I said I left them a message, might call them again though in a bit!

if it's a retake surely they should be okay with it?

My lectures start on Monday and yet i still have no results regarding my retake, plus i need to reregister to recieve SF which i can't do :frown: so i dunno.

Yeah I've ended up with the dud supervisor as we got grouped according to what we were looking at unlike most unis where you pick your topic and your supervisor. We pick our topic and our head of course assigns us a supervisor however ive got one who doesn't teach on our course... aint impressed.

Yeah i was furious as mum came up for a few days for respite and we spent our first night cleaning.
Reply 390
Original post by 22KT22
My lectures start on Monday and yet i still have no results regarding my retake, plus i need to reregister to recieve SF which i can't do :frown: so i dunno.

Yeah I've ended up with the dud supervisor as we got grouped according to what we were looking at unlike most unis where you pick your topic and your supervisor. We pick our topic and our head of course assigns us a supervisor however ive got one who doesn't teach on our course... aint impressed.

Yeah i was furious as mum came up for a few days for respite and we spent our first night cleaning.

oh :/ hopefully they give you your results and let you register soon then!

oh okay, that sucks, can you not ask for someone who knows more about your course or do they not even let you do that?

damn, definitely one to blacklist that housemate!
seriously, try 30 days without putting caffeine and alcohol over your blood-brain barrier; massively helped me

why not try that? wthdrawal is hard but is possible

this lady is going for a 30 day non-caffeine period, if you want to follow/join her journey http://stopcaffeine.blogspot.co.uk/

(the comments on this are awesome... http://coffeefaq.com/site/node/11
research here
http://caffeineevaluation.blogspot.co.uk
Original post by Juantorena
seriously, try 30 days without putting caffeine and alcohol over your blood-brain barrier; massively helped me

this lady is going for a 30 day non-caffeine period, if you want to follow/join her journey http://stopcaffeine.blogspot.co.uk/

research here

:eek: Life without coffee is no life at all!
I'm stressed out. I have got quite angry recently, as well as anxious in social situations, which I never used to have a problem with. Yesterday I threw my phone at the wardrobe, and it broke, so now I have no phone to ring home which is making me more angry. I need to scream at someone/something.

I cancelled one of the events I was supposed to volunteer at this morning as I got home last night and cried. I like to be busy, but with things I enjoy. If someone asks me to my face to do something I can only say yes, even if I know I will hate it. Now I've got some breathing time ... but OCD is kicking in so need to re-organise my room and clean the kitchen. Someone was preparing raw meat on the worktop without a chopping board last night so haven't eaten proper food since yesterday lunch :/ That just triggered my ED more.

Screaming.

SciFi Rory, Student Finance are the biggest pain in the bum ever! As for your course, the fact SFE haven't sorted themselves out shouldn't have any effect on your course, as for all they know you may be rich and funding it yourself! I know my Uni did everything normally for me in 1st year, even though Finance didn't sort it out until November. Just keep ringing them. It might be that everyone doing your course has no timetable etc. Technology is wonderful at these things x
Reply 394
Original post by Deyesy
You don't need to answer the first bit; it was me trying to be minutely optimistic :yy:

Well if you believe yourself; that you've gotten worse then couldn't you bring this up with your social worker and see if you can be referred to CAMHS again? :dontknow: Do you think if you were away from your family; your mood would increase?

You shouldn't feel bad about not understanding something the first around :nah: It's definitely not worth worrying about. It'll be fine tomorrow/today - I know I'm slow to getting around to replying. She seems to be an understanding type :yy:

Oh :tongue:

I have been referred back, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that is. And the last bit: :yep: :yep:

Yeah she does :yy:
Original post by Juantorena

research here

No alcohol? No deal.

So, anyhoo - why is it I feel the need to lie to my GP? Just been there, he ran through a few questions and gave me a questionnaire to fill in at main reception - answering most fine, but when asked about that thing we aren't allowed to talk about, I couldn't be honest and admit it...
I am at a loss. I don't know what to do.

My anxiety is through the roof. I constantly think I'm going to be sick, its all I can think of. I have panic attack after panic attack, constantly worrying, I've got an upset stomach. I went to the doctors this morning and they told me they arent willing to up my propranolol but if I want it doing to go to the doctor who said he would. Which now makes me worry thinking hes going out on a limb. I honestly cant cope anymore, my life is just one massive panic attack. I think the only way to get some help is to go to the hospital but I'm scared what will happen. I dont know what to do.
I got a letter this morning from the inspector of the custody unit replying to my complaint. He said he's spoken to all the custody staff to make sure they understand of the issues I'd raised so they know what best to do if a similar situation arises. There was some stuff I said to him that he'd never really realized before, so he went onto the mind website and sent what he read there round as well.
He also spoke to the custody sergeant who admitted what he'd done was completely unnecessary and that he failed to follow correct procedures, so he got a *******ing for that. So I reckon all in all, I'm pretty happy with that.

How is everyone else doing today?
Anyone else think that instead of 'the thing we're not allowed to talk about' we should have a euphemism/replacement word, like 'Voldemort' or 'jelly beans'? Thus 'I think about jelly beans all the time' or 'last night I had a really realistic dream about Voldemort, it scared the crap out of me.' :tongue:
Original post by superwolf
Anyone else think that instead of 'the thing we're not allowed to talk about' we should have a euphemism/replacement word, like 'Voldemort' or 'jelly beans'? Thus 'I think about jelly beans all the time' or 'last night I had a really realistic dream about Voldemort, it scared the crap out of me.' :tongue:

I like that idea, I think it would be good change the word at random intervals, so you have a guessing game type thing going on, just to keep people occupied :tongue:

Latest