The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SciFiRory
still not heard anything from student finance or from UWE...

society meeting at 4pm but not sure if I feel up to going still...

sigh :sigh:

Is there anyone you can call or email? They might need nudging. Try your best to go to the society meeting, you might be fine once you're there and you can always leave if you're not enjoying it.

Sister and dad we're laughing at me for wearing my winter boots to uni and now I feel really embarrassed about my outfit and it's too late to change now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 981
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Is there anyone you can call or email? They might need nudging. Try your best to go to the society meeting, you might be fine once you're there and you can always leave if you're not enjoying it.

Sister and dad we're laughing at me for wearing my winter boots to uni and now I feel really embarrassed about my outfit and it's too late to change now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

dunno really, I called them Monday so I don't want to be annoying by being person that keeps ringing them :s-smilie: I will, just anxious really, slightly triggered as well but hopefully that will pass by later :/

:hugs: im sure you look fine :smile: probably just them being mean and teasing, doubt the Uni people care what boots you are wearing either :smile:
It's a bit rubbish being me, as I feel like I never truly know what I want - that applies to most things in my life :sigh:. If there was some way to turn myself into a much more decisive person, then that'd be great...
Original post by rmhumphries
You coming MHSS Meet btw? It is almost certain that if you do, and if you want; someone will hug (or bite or both) you :awesome:

MHSS Meet? :eek: no one told me :unimpressed:
Original post by Pixiefairy
MHSS Meet? :eek: no one told me :unimpressed:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2116602

You need to get yourself on the wolfs quote list by the looks of things. :yep:
Reply 985
it would be wrong to drink a litre and a half of cider to calm myself down a bit wouldn't it? :erm:
it would be wrong to drink a litre and a half of cider to calm myself down a bit wouldn't it? :erm:

It'd be a bit worrying, what's wrong? :hugs:

As long as you can control yourself and don't slip into alcoholism :console:

It might be better to find more healthier ways of calming down though.
Reply 988
Original post by Alofleicester
It'd be a bit worrying, what's wrong? :hugs:

just anxious as much as anything, feel kinda panicy about going to society meet so I figure it will help me relax a bit, worried if I don't I will be a nervous mess when I get there :/

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
As long as you can control yourself and don't slip into alcoholism :console:

It might be better to find more healthier ways of calming down though.

well, I haven't really had access to enough booze for it to be much of an issue lately tbh, but yeah it worries me that my first reaction to my current anxiety is "drink at midday" :/
(edited 11 years ago)
just anxious as much as anything, feel kinda panicy about going to society meet so I figure it will help me relax a bit, worried if I don't I will be a nervous mess when I get there :/

well, I haven't really had access to enough booze for it to be much of an issue lately tbh, but yeah it worries me that my first reaction to my current anxiety is "drink at midday" :/

:jumphug: Perhaps to help calm down, try a nice hot bath, or meditating. They're supposed to be good and don't come with the liver destruction of excessive drinking...
Reply 990
Original post by Alofleicester
:jumphug: Perhaps to help calm down, try a nice hot bath, or meditating. They're supposed to be good and don't come with the liver destruction of excessive drinking...

I showered which helped a bit, might try resting or meditating a bit though yeah, had a couple of glasses but that's it for now so I think I might be okay, thanks :hugs:
After several minor disasters (train was canceled and then the bus was late) im now safely on campus. Nervous as all hell and just trying to remember to breathe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 992
After several minor disasters (train was canceled and then the bus was late) im now safely on campus. Nervous as all hell and just trying to remember to breathe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: good luck! :smile:
:jumphug: good luck! :smile:

Thanks. I have 15 mins to kill so I'm people watching. No idea how the building im in works. I've been in there before and it's all open plan and scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Thanks. I have 15 mins to kill so I'm people watching. No idea how the building im in works. I've been in there before and it's all open plan and scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im sure you will be okay :smile: there's sure to be a map or someone you can ask if you aren't sure where to go!

---

I am getting to Uni early for my society meet so I can find out where it is then grab a bite to eat or something before it starts I decided, figure that'll help with some of my nerves!
Reply 995
Original post by rmhumphries
What drug you going onto?

Thank you :smile: I do partly blame this on procrastination, I find it easier to post here than do actual work.

Uh. Citalopram :yep: Or as you lot in here call it '****alopram' :tongue: Though I've only taken my first one so side-effects - IF I get any, probably won't come after only taking my first tablet.

Yeah but if you're having a hard time it's hard to reply to people who need support and you continue to do so :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
Uh. Citalopram :yep: Or as you lot in here call it '****alopram' :tongue: Though I've only taken my first one so side-effects - IF I get any, probably won't come after only taking my first tablet.

Yeah but if you're having a hard time it's hard to reply to people who need support and you continue to do so :yep:

It wasn't me :innocent:
So I'm preliminarily accepted onto half of second year and I start Monday. Only problem is I'll be on the new fee structure and I have no idea if student finance will cover 2 more years or if it'll be classed as a new course so I'll get nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Original post by ViceVersa
It wasn't me :innocent:

I must have been seeing things last night then :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy
I must have been seeing things last night then :tongue:

You definitely were :tongue:

Latest