The Student Room Group

Natural Sciences Applicants for 2013 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lost And Confused
The wait is now over xD
2nd offer was from Exeter yesterday - MSci in NatSci with AAB!
I'm pretty ecstatic to have one of my higher choices (joint 2nd) give me such a low offer :smile: Especially as my friend who also got an offer there (yesterday) for the same course was given AAA, so they must particularly like me :cool: Or just not like him much I guess...

Bath was actually my 4th choice as it was by far my least favourite course out of my final 5 units :s-smilie: May I ask why you like it so much?
:smile:

Wow nice one!! I am SERIOUSLY worried that I will regret choosing Exeter if I don't get an offer lower than A*AA now!
Reply 61
Hey, i'm applying to Cambridge (Trinity Hall), Exeter, UEA, Nottingham and Southampton, all for NatSci :smile:
Got an offer for AAA from Exeter the other day, and have an interview at UEA soon, bit surprised about the interview though, as they didn't mention that at the open day, anyone know what their interview process is?
Reply 62
Original post by EllieN95
Hey, i'm applying to Cambridge (Trinity Hall), Exeter, UEA, Nottingham and Southampton, all for NatSci :smile:
Got an offer for AAA from Exeter the other day, and have an interview at UEA soon, bit surprised about the interview though, as they didn't mention that at the open day, anyone know what their interview process is?

Oh no, another Trinity Hall NatSci! :eek: You picked a brilliant college though, let's just hope we can both get in! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer, that's brilliant! :smile: Unfortunately I haven't applied to UEA though so i've no idea how their interview process goes, i'm sorry!
Reply 63
Original post by Lost And Confused
Cool, I have quite similar choices: Cambridge (Pembroke), Durham (University), Exeter, Bath and Nottingham :smile: Although I am down a Biological NatSci route towards neuroscience/biochemistry, whereas I know that Chemistry/Materials Science are Physical options...

Anyways, for what it's worth, I (and several others) have offers from Bath :smile: However Durham are supposed to be one of the very last to start to give out offers (in general, not always), and Nottingham took 12 days to send me a confirmation email...
When did you apply? I imagine that it's at least partly due to that?
:smile:

I sent it was sent off on the 12th which is a bit late but Bath seem to be giving everyone but me an offer. When did you send yours off?
Reply 64
Original post by Nørgaard
Oh no, another Trinity Hall NatSci! :eek: You picked a brilliant college though, let's just hope we can both get in! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer, that's brilliant! :smile: Unfortunately I haven't applied to UEA though so i've no idea how their interview process goes, i'm sorry!

Thanks, you applying for biological or physical?
Reply 65
Got my 2nd offer today! Nottingham, though conditions are yet to be specified...praying for AAA!
Reply 66
Hi, I don't know if this information is any use to you guys, but I'm a veterinary medicine re-applicant who put Natural Sciences down as a 5th choice (in case I don't get into vet med again). I got an offer today from Nottingham and assuming it's unconditional as I got A*AA last year.
Reply 67
Original post by Chaelif
Hi, I don't know if this information is any use to you guys, but I'm a veterinary medicine re-applicant who put Natural Sciences down as a 5th choice (in case I don't get into vet med again). I got an offer today from Nottingham and assuming it's unconditional as I got A*AA last year.

Hey well done, though I guess it's redundant for you if VetMed is your 1st choice! Looks like Nottingham have decided to give out their first batch of offers today.
Reply 68
I got an offer from Nottingham too! :biggrin: :woo: so so happy seen as it's the first offer i've received, put my mind at ease quite a bit :smile: But no conditions as of yet as well :/ congratulations to everyone who's received an offer :smile:
Reply 69
Thanks, you applying for biological or physical?
Biological NatSci for me, thinking Biology of Cells, Mathematical Biology and Chemistry, and then one of 3 for my last module (Evolution and Behaviour, Materials Science or Physiology of Organisms, I can't decide!) What about you?
Hey, I'm applying to Natural Sciences at Cambridge (Clare), Durham, Nottingham and Leeds. You's have already got offers from Nottingham? When did you's apply? I won't stop checking my email now! Haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 71
Biological NatSci for me, thinking Biology of Cells, Mathematical Biology and Chemistry, and then one of 3 for my last module (Evolution and Behaviour, Materials Science or Physiology of Organisms, I can't decide!) What about you?

I'm biological as well, probably going to do Biology of Cells, Chemistry, and Physiology of Organisms, with hopefully Maths B, which a lot of people think is weird as i'm not a physicist, but i'm just a huge maths geek :P

Got an offer from Nottingham today too :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by Vstephenson1995
Hey, I'm applying to Natural Sciences at Cambridge (Clare), Durham, Nottingham and Leeds. You's have already got offers from Nottingham? When did you's apply? I won't stop checking my email now! HahaThis was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think my application was sent around 20th September, although Nottingham didn't acknowledge my application for about 3 weeks! Don't worry, i'm sure you're offer will come through soon enough :smile: If you're talented enough to apply to Cambridge I would think you'd be just the sort of person Nottingham would like :smile:
I'm biological as well, probably going to do Biology of Cells, Chemistry, and Physiology of Organisms, with hopefully Maths B, which a lot of people think is weird as i'm not a physicist, but i'm just a huge maths geek :PGot an offer from Nottingham today too :biggrin:
Oh wow, Maths B?! Very impressed for a biologist! :wink: I've self-taught Further Maths, and only up to AS, so I wouldn't dare embarrass myself with Maths B if I received an offer :colondollar: I'm unsure about the make-up of Maths A in comparison to Mathematical Biology, the website says that it tends towards Physics in regards to its content but would it provide a more complete learning of Maths than Mathematical Biology, or just focus on Mechanics etc?Oh, and congratulations on your offer too! :smile:
I think my application was sent around 20th September, although Nottingham didn't acknowledge my application for about 3 weeks! Don't worry, i'm sure you're offer will come through soon enough :smile: If you're talented enough to apply to Cambridge I would think you'd be just the sort of person Nottingham would like :smile:

Oh, you sent it off much earlier than I did! I only sent mine off on the 11th October so I may have some time to wait yet :smile: They sent me an e-mail today asking about my choice of pathway- fingers crossed i find out soon! Thankyou :smile: (and congrats on your offer! Haha)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Oh wow, Maths B?! Very impressed for a biologist! :wink: I've self-taught Further Maths, and only up to AS, so I wouldn't dare embarrass myself with Maths B if I received an offer :colondollar: I'm unsure about the make-up of Maths A in comparison to Mathematical Biology, the website says that it tends towards Physics in regards to its content but would it provide a more complete learning of Maths than Mathematical Biology, or just focus on Mechanics etc?Oh, and congratulations on your offer too! :smile:

I've already done my maths Alevel, and am currently doing further maths. My teachers keep on asking why i'm not taking maths, but I want to combine maths with science rather than study maths in it's own right, even if I am technically better at it :P although at the open day at TitHall the man in the talk practically told me not to do it because as I biologist he didn't think I'd be good enough :frown:
Original post by Alex Bampton
Wow nice one!! I am SERIOUSLY worried that I will regret choosing Exeter if I don't get an offer lower than A*AA now!

Original post by Alex Bampton
Got my 2nd offer today! Nottingham, though conditions are yet to be specified...praying for AAA!

Thanks :colondollar: I'm sure that you won't regret it as far as you'll have no trouble getting A*AA :smile: But the Exeter course is really fantastic! As is the campus, and the teaching and I already have a reasonably priced house there that I can rent for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years :cool: :rolleyes:
And as everyone else is getting AAA for NatSci I am feeling particularly smug :biggrin: Impressed with Toby's ABB? :wink:

Congratulations :smile: I got one from Nottingham too (my 3rd) :smile: Going to check their own tracker to see if my conditions are on there :smile:
https://cas.nottingham.ac.uk/cas-web/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fportal.nottingham.ac.uk%3A443%2Fc%2Fportal%2Flogin%3Bjsessionid%3DDBB660B9C50ECF2F78D8E7D1FA26D75A

How are you in general? Triathalon going well?
Original post by 123alexis
I sent it was sent off on the 12th which is a bit late but Bath seem to be giving everyone but me an offer. When did you send yours off?

Mine was sent off on the 8th, but I got an offer from Bath on the 17th, so 9 day wait :smile: I wouldn't worry for now, there'll have been more applicants between the 8th and 12th so you'll just have to wait longer :frown:
I notice a lot of Nottingham and Bath...and only one Exeter...any thoughts on Lancaster? My son is struggling with the two remaining UCAS slots for NatSci (after Cambridge, UCL, Durham) and was looking at Exeter, Bath, Lancaster. I'd love to know what made you choose one and not the other and any differentiating factors you saw...because other than location/weather/North America for Lancaster, it's hard to tell!
Reply 78
Hey all! Thanks to Silverland for directing me here :smile:
I've applied to Cambridge (St.Catz), Durham (Butler), Nottingham, Birmingham and Lancaster, all for Bio NatSci. So far got one A*AA offer from Birmingham.
Just wondering how long Nottingham offer holders (congrats by the way :smile:) had to wait between responding to the pathway choice email and the uni making a decision?
Reply 79
Original post by vb789
Hey all! Thanks to Silverland for directing me here :smile:
I've applied to Cambridge (St.Catz), Durham (Butler), Nottingham, Birmingham and Lancaster, all for Bio NatSci. So far got one A*AA offer from Birmingham.
Just wondering how long Nottingham offer holders (congrats by the way :smile:) had to wait between responding to the pathway choice email and the uni making a decision?

Congratulations on your Birmingham offer! :smile: I never received a pathway choice e-mail, but I had already indicated my chosen path on the Further Details section of UCAS...(although this didn't stop Durham still sending an e-mail!) so I can't help you with that one, i'm sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending