The Student Room Group

Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 revision thread for 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4920
Original post by jadecross
Yes it is sorry forgot to say it was. :redface:

I'll check my notes upstairs after I've done all this uploading to see if I have anything on it :smile:
RESEARCH METHOD

does anyone have a sample answer for Debrief?
Original post by Deyesy
I'll check my notes upstairs after I've done all this uploading to see if I have anything on it :smile:

thank you. :smile:
Anyone got notes on Celebrity worship?
So much to revise for Media :frown: How many studies are you guys remembering for this topic? because it's apllied i'm thinking remembering so many studies is pretty pointless. Also, do we need to learn methodological problems with studies for this section?????
(edited 10 years ago)
this is the first time im doing this exam.. and I really wish it wasnt. Just have no idea how it could go.
Reply 4929
Original post by Deyesy
Okay. Planned behaviour is attached to this one. I'm uploading the other two parts you wanted now.

Here you go :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by louisaa
Any research for personality in vulnerability to addiction ???

need 1 more at least...my book is crap!

I've got...

Gossip and Eysenck (1980) - found that alcoholics had higher levels of neurotic characteristics associated with anxiety and depression than non alcoholics, suggesting personality to be linked to increased vulnerability.

Chien et al (1964) - found that low self esteem, learned helplessness, passivity and a negative outlook on life were evident among ghetto addicts, suggesting a personality link to increased vulnerability to addiction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4931
Will there be any form of mathematics involved within this exam or is it just a case of being able to interpret the inferential data provided?
Any predictions for OCD and addiction in unit 4? I think I asked this before but there is so many posts I don't know if anyone answered it haha... Help please? Thankssss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4933
Original post by ColourDog
Not sure if this is what you're talking about (ignore me if so :smile:) but I did read some cool ways of how people were remembering which test goes with which....
1. Chi-square: Chinese food is nom nom and so with nominal data you use chi-square
2. Mann-Whitney: Whitney Houston was an independent women; she didn't need no man

:L

Looool love it, thanks so chi-square is nominal and Mann-Whitney is used for independent group design XD
Reply 4934
Original post by ColourDog
I do depression, but (assuming it is similar) it is usually 4/5 marks :smile:

Yes we can, but not as a long essay, just learn some positive and negative symptoms :smile:
Original post by eelnais
some schizophrenia and media essays for anyone to have a look at :smile:

for some reason this was negged when I was trying to be helpful :tongue:

Thank you so much for these, could you please upload an essay on celebrity worship? Thank you. :smile:
Reply 4936
Is it too risky to not learn therapies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4937
Original post by SoRo

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you're doing Schizophrenia then it's very unlikely therapies will come up third time in a row.
Reply 4938
Original post by nm786
if you're doing Schizophrenia then it's very unlikely therapies will come up third time in a row.

Yes I am sorry forgot to say! I've not covered them yet but thinking the could be sneaky and do one explanation and one therapy 12/12

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4939
Original post by SoRo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not learning them because then I'll have more time to be able to learn classification/issues/explanations in more depth!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending