anyone else get elim, add, add?

oh and the monomer b was 1,6-diaminohexane

**** that repeating unit and massive ion in alkaline solution thing :/
Original post by aWildPidgey
anyone else get elim, add, add?

oh and the monomer b was 1,6-diaminohexane

**** that repeating unit and massive ion in alkaline solution thing :/

I got elim. Add and sub

what did you get for the 6 mark question?
That was a weird paper. I got 1.2g as well for the calculation.

What on earth was the backward rate (or something) rate of reaction? I must say some of the questions were weirdly worded; especially the one on DNA.

I'm guessing average grade boundaries though, because it had some really straightforward questions. I know I made some silly errors, damn :frown:

Remember guys, there's no point doing a lengthily post-mortem; focus on your other exams.
Repeating unit of PPA:

567px-Polyphthalamid.svg.png

I had difficulty in locating where the C=O would be attached to the benzene ring :/
Original post by abzy1234

What on earth was the backward rate (or something) rate of reaction? I must say some of the questions were weirdly worded; especially the one on DNA.

I'm guessing average grade boundaries though, because it had some really straightforward questions. I know I made some silly errors, damn :frown:

Remember guys, there's no point doing a lengthily post-mortem; focus on your other exams.

Wise words.. glad I am not the only person with 1.2g
Reply 186
I don't even want to talk about it.
Original post by Mustafa007
Wise words.. glad I am not the only person with 1.2g

Did you get a dilution factor of 14/100 or something like that?

I found it all very hard, and I did do silly mistakes myself too, like that addition thing. I halved the 'backward rate' question to get 0.5*10^-5.

Oh and vote if you haven't already, I really hope these boundaries are low.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2227826
Reply 189

I must have screwed that one badly, I got 21.something. Ooops :confused:

I put 1.0x10^-5 or something like that, just wrote down the rate of I2 being produced 'cause i figured if that's the rate I2 is produced then is it not the rate 2I- is disappearing?

Yeah, good shout. I could dwell exam all week >.<
Reply 190
Original post by aWildPidgey
Well, that was disgusting.

Agreed.
Reply 191
That was SO. HARD.
Reply 192
It was quite tough, think I did ok but not amazingly
Reply 193
Original post by LOLAKALMAO
I got elimination addition substitution

Same :smile:
Original post by david2457
I found it all very hard, and I did do silly mistakes myself too, like that addition thing. I halved the 'backward rate' question to get 0.5*10^-5.

Oh and vote if you haven't already, I really hope these boundaries are low.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2227826

I got elimination, addition, substitution. I'm thinking now the substitution is wrong, because what else would you produce when forming 1,6-diaminohexane? Oh well.

The lowest it has fallen is 63. I doubt it fall anymore tbh :/

Original post by Nath1194
I must have screwed that one badly, I got 21.something. Ooops :confused:

I put 1.0x10^-5 or something like that, just wrote down the rate of I2 being produced 'cause i figured if that's the rate I2 is produced then is it not the rate 2I- is disappearing?

Yeah, good shout. I could dwell exam all week >.<

Don't worry, we should get some method marks. Salters calculation questions are awful.

I have no idea, my teachers didn't even know what that was about. Shameful question, wasn't nowhere in spec; and I have no idea how you work that out :/

Oh well.
Original post by super121

Likewise. Here's hoping :smile:
Original post by super121

I got the same, but one of my friends who had 294 UMS said it was elim, add, add.
I don't think you had to use the dilution in the calculation
Reply 198
Also what did people get for the 6mark question on iron being a homogeneous catalyst? I kind of understood it but I don't think I phrased it very well :frown:
Reply 199
i got elim add add as well and my calc was 20.7 or 21.7 i can't remember which one.

Latest

Trending

Trending