The Student Room Group

Java Programming help please!

I have a project for my uni, I'm in 1st year doing computer science.
For the project they want us to create a bar chart using a rectangle class, then take a series of incomes and put them into a bar chart that has two parts in each rectangle, the income and then the taxed income.

How do I create a bar chart? i have created 2 methods for finding the net income and the tax on an income, but i dont know how to create the bar chart, any help would be greatly appretiated!
Hi, can you help me out a bit please? Im currently applying to uni, to do Computer Science. Can you give me your opinion on the course, abit about the course and is it really really hard? What sort of stuff do you do etc, any help appreciated mate. Would you recommend it? Im one of the top students of my IT A level class .. Thanks!
Reply 2
Yeah sure, I'm in Newcastle uni. The course is alright, you do maths which is easy IF you've done maths A level, but you only do maths until Christmas. Then there's software engineering professional which is just lectures mainly about the history of computer science and you do lots of essays on it, but that's fairly easy too. Computer programming is hard id say but that's because I didn't do any in my school because I had only done ICT, so if your not doing any programming find out what ever uni your going to and do a bit on the language they teach because that will help a lot. Theres also computer architecture which is alright, you just need to remember all the things they tell you.

So if your not doing maths and just doing ICT with other subjects it will be pretty hard.

I dunno if id recommend the course, there might be better ones out there, but Newcastle Uni is amazing! the night-life is great, cheap booze, friendly people everywhere.

Also the lecturers are pretty good.

Overall id say course at the moment it isn't that much harder than A level just lots of coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending