The Student Room Group

Thegym combination padlock...!

I just bought one of those padlocks from The Gym Group, and i stupidly thrown away the packaging in the bin without thinking. Now I have no idea how to set my lock as it's set to 000 by default, ive tried tinkering around with it for half hour and haven't found a way to do it yet so if anyone knows how then it'd be much appreciated if you could tell :smile:
Reply 1
ah just found a way of doing it straight after i posted, forget about it :tongue:
Reply 2
Hi,
Can you tell me how to reset the code on thegym padlock pls?
Reply 3
In case anyone else wants to know - I ended up being able to change it by, with the lock in the 'open' position rotate the the 'n' shaped upper part of the lock 90 degrees, to the other groove, press the top part of the lock into this, and simulataneously turn the dials to the new code you wish to use.

This can only work if you know the original code in order to open the lock in the first instance (!)
Reply 4
Hi all
I lost my gym lock code as I freezed my account for some time. Please help me if anyone knows how to crack it.
Thanks
H
Reply 5
Original post by Hari B
Hi all
I lost my gym lock code as I freezed my account for some time. Please help me if anyone knows how to crack it.
Thanks
H

Most combination locks are really easy to crack. As you turn the number thingy you will feel it slide into place, it's subtle but go round a few times and you should find it. Repeat for each and your done. With some it's hard to tell the exact number it is clicking on but you should be able to cut it down to 2/3 possibilities per number still and then work through the possible combinations.

Quick Reply

Latest