The Student Room Group

gym etiquette question

Hi, so i'm new to the gym, and i have a question about changing room.

I've always just assumed that the boys changing rooms and the girls changing room would be in 2 seperate rooms, but theres actually just one room full of lockers, and in that room, there are 2 cubicles that says 'changing room'. So, it's mixed.

Now. when i go to the gym, i wear my gym shorts, and then i wear my long trousers over those shorts if it's a cold day. And when i get to the gym, i'm wondering if it's okay if I just take my trousers off just in the room full of lockers, or if i should go to the changing cubicle and take it off.

I'm thinking that it's okay if i do it in the locker room since i've got my gym shorts underneath, so even if there are women there, it's fine. I just take off my long trousers and i'm done, i'm never actually in my boxers.

On the other hand, I don't wanna come off as disrespectful, or i don't know if i'm MEANT to be in the changing cubicles regardless.

I guess when i take my trousers off, they might think i'll be in my boxers so they might not feel comfortable ect. or of people wear gym shorts underneath anyways, please let me know :smile:
Original post by muhammad0112
Hi, so i'm new to the gym, and i have a question about changing room.

I've always just assumed that the boys changing rooms and the girls changing room would be in 2 seperate rooms, but theres actually just one room full of lockers, and in that room, there are 2 cubicles that says 'changing room'. So, it's mixed.

Now. when i go to the gym, i wear my gym shorts, and then i wear my long trousers over those shorts if it's a cold day. And when i get to the gym, i'm wondering if it's okay if I just take my trousers off just in the room full of lockers, or if i should go to the changing cubicle and take it off.

I'm thinking that it's okay if i do it in the locker room since i've got my gym shorts underneath, so even if there are women there, it's fine. I just take off my long trousers and i'm done, i'm never actually in my boxers.

On the other hand, I don't wanna come off as disrespectful, or i don't know if i'm MEANT to be in the changing cubicles regardless.

I guess when i take my trousers off, they might think i'll be in my boxers so they might not feel comfortable ect. or of people wear gym shorts underneath anyways, please let me know :smile:

Whatever you feel comfortable with as as you say, you're not showing any underwear. In the gym people will take off sweatshirts with vests/sports bras underneath, and trackies with regular sports shorts underneath, so I don't see anything inherently wrong with doing it in the open area of the locker room.
Reply 2
As a girl, I would have no problem taking my trousers off in a room with men present if I'm wearing shorts underneath, and I wouldn't have a problem with a guy doing the same in my presence.
Reply 3
I think, so it is not a bad thing to do in the gym..

Quick Reply

Latest